Images Are In!!! (or at least "closer") - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Getting Your Saturn Sky Forum for discussing the process of ordering/tracking/buying your Saturn Sky. Ever wonder what a VOMS is? How about an "image", or how cars are allocated? The answer probably lies within.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 10:24 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk
Just got back from the dealer. The salesman took a written order and we priced out at $27,300.00 with tax and shipping. Mid blue std tranny with chrome wheels, middle am/fm radio, LSD, molded mud flaps, black leather pkg - that's about it. The dealer got one image for his demo. I wonder if most dealers will just sell their demo right out of the gate. Why have one in the showroom if the entire years allocation is sold out? General mgr said as images come in - they will call following the order of those with deposits. Oh, by the way, all cars to be sold at MSRP. Thank God!
According to My dealer they cannot sell the Demo, It is still property of Gm and not for retail sale...

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
Former proud owner of 2 Skys 2007 and 2008
NOW a Proud owner of a 2012 Chevy Camaro!
But I still love Skys!

Last edited by SkyMan 08; 01-08-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 12:33 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to usmc Send a message via Yahoo to usmc
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog
I was called last night from my Saturn dealer and was told I could come in and place my preferences for ordering. I went in this morning and was told by my sales manager that they only had the one image - for the dealer demo. He did tell me however, that I could "officially" place my preferences with him. We sat down and went through the order process: picking color, oprtions, etc. Priced out at $26675 - no markup. I was the first to place my order (and I use that term loosely) with him. His allocation is 3-4 per month.

When the first customer image is ready, it'll be mine but, I ordered the auto tranny and there might be a delay for that option so I guess I should say I'll bethe first auto trans image to go. I can live with that. My sales manager said once the image goes in, he will keep me informed every step of the way, and I beleive him!

My experience with my dealer - Saturn of Concord, CA - was the same as my last three Saturn I purchased. Easy, honest, pleasant. I showed him this forum and he bookmarked it on the spot!

ordered:
Silver Graphite
black/red
single CD with Monsoon
chrome wheels
spoiler (? need to see one first)
The dealer I using is in santa rosa, they also own vacaville and fairfield saturn dealerships. Concord is less than an hour away so hopefully they follow the same path as Saturn of concord, if they don't at least now I know of dealership close by I can use instead. Thanks for the info.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMan 07
According to My dealer they cannot sell the Demo, It is still property of Gm and not for retail sale...
Yep, you are correct. Is what some call a CRUSH car. Once it has served its purpose, it will be picked up by GM and CRUSHED...

What a waste...

Regards,

S.D.

2nd SKY: (Lucy)
2008 RED on Red/Black Lthr
RedLine
Delivered - 7/14/08
Loaded
Auto
3" Magnaflow, GMPP Tune,
Lil Chromies & CAI

1st SKY: (Traded)
2007 Silver Graphite
RedLine
Loaded (-6CD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:54 PM

We've found a lot of slaeable Solstices that were never sold ended up in junk yards and are being parted out now.

Save the Kappa!
A grassroots movement to save the Kappa platform based cars.
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Getting Your Saturn Sky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in