Saturn Prices...the real price - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Getting Your Saturn Sky Forum for discussing the process of ordering/tracking/buying your Saturn Sky. Ever wonder what a VOMS is? How about an "image", or how cars are allocated? The answer probably lies within.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Garage
Saturn Prices...the real price

Base Price ...5 Speed/$23,690
Automatic 24,540

Leather Package 750
Spoiler 275
LSP 195

Chrome Wheels 795

and if u want Sunburst Yellow...tack on additional 195.

The standard cd/radio 590
the optional 6 CD in-dash 890

and don't forget to add State sales tax....I like to see u get this car for 25K

MarlboroMike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now the real question...???

How much for the Redline hot rod? And while your at it ...When?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 05:59 PM

My dealer also called me today and gave me the prices, he did tell me tho the $590 was for upgrade cd player with 250/225?watts with MP3 player I believe? He said a production line picture should be out in a week or 2 and that he expects delivery late February to early March. He also said im right around the top of the deposit list right now. This is from Saturn of Tampa btw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
There is a standard CD Player AM/FM, the $590 is for the first Monsoon upgrade package (no 6cd changer)...

Regards,

S.D.

2nd SKY: (Lucy)
2008 RED on Red/Black Lthr
RedLine
Delivered - 7/14/08
Loaded
Auto
3" Magnaflow, GMPP Tune,
Lil Chromies & CAI

1st SKY: (Traded)
2007 Silver Graphite
RedLine
Loaded (-6CD)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 06:07 AM

I did some calculating, and were I to buy one it would set me back at least $26,275, tax included, though I know there are some other taxes I haven't factored in.

This is for a manual with premium trim, AM/FM radio with cd/mp3 player (single disk), and limited slip differential.

I think I'll wait for Redline, though...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 02:41 PM

Im thinking the chrome upgrade is a lil to pricey for what your actually getting. I might get the standard wheels, sell the rims for $400? Then spend about $800 on a nice set of aftermarkets, so in effect it will only really cost about $400 and I'll get wheels I like more than the chrome factory ones. Anyone know the lug pattern and offsets yet?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 07:05 PM

245x45x18
110x5
55 offset

Save the Kappa!
A grassroots movement to save the Kappa platform based cars.
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 07:31 PM
First 2000

Send a message via AIM to Chewievette
Base model Sky: $23,690
MI sales tax: 6%
Total: $25,111.4

Close enough to $25K for me! Now I just need to figure licensing and all that crap. Still might get a Sol anyways... dont know yet.

Starting up a business to make parts for you guys! Let me know what you are interested in!

"Just Remember, No One Can Hear You Listening In Space"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 09:03 PM

Believe it or not, one day a month ago I walked in on my Pontiac dealer and found a silver Solstice in the showroom. My salesman said if I want it, I can have it. That was pure fate and you can't fight fate. Sat down to write up the order but got hung up over 471.00 dealer prep charge and walked out without a Solstice. Crucify me if you want to. There were other reasons: 1. I had no intention of buying a car, I was just in the neighborhood and dropped in to say hello, 2. The weather was not right, 3. The car had $1800 worth of accessories I did not care for, 4. Was not crazy about the white gauges with slanted numbers, 5.Wanted to at least see Sky first.

Since I have been tossing back and forth between Solstice and Sky, now that Sky prices are available, I got curious how they compare so I did a little homework. There is a $3695 (23690 - 19995) base price difference but to get same equipment on Solstice I would have to add $3350 of options, air for 960, convenience package for 465, power package for 625, ABS for 400, floor mats for 60, On-Star for 695, headliner for 150.00. That brings Solstice to within $340.00. If I missed something, let me know, but I thought you all would be interested.

Of course, if you have been using GM Card you can cash in $1000 on Solstice that you can't on Sky... But a Saturn dealer may not charge you a prep fee.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 06:38 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L32togo
Believe it or not, one day a month ago I walked in on my Pontiac dealer and found a silver Solstice in the showroom. My salesman said if I want it, I can have it. That was pure fate and you can't fight fate. Sat down to write up the order but got hung up over 471.00 dealer prep charge and walked out without a Solstice. Crucify me if you want to. There were other reasons: 1. I had no intention of buying a car, I was just in the neighborhood and dropped in to say hello, 2. The weather was not right, 3. The car had $1800 worth of accessories I did not care for, 4. Was not crazy about the white gauges with slanted numbers, 5.Wanted to at least see Sky first.

Since I have been tossing back and forth between Solstice and Sky, now that Sky prices are available, I got curious how they compare so I did a little homework. There is a $3695 (23690 - 19995) base price difference but to get same equipment on Solstice I would have to add $3350 of options, air for 960, convenience package for 465, power package for 625, ABS for 400, floor mats for 60, On-Star for 695, headliner for 150.00. That brings Solstice to within $340.00. If I missed something, let me know, but I thought you all would be interested.

Of course, if you have been using GM Card you can cash in $1000 on Solstice that you can't on Sky... But a Saturn dealer may not charge you a prep fee.
I did the same thing, and prices on the Solstice have gone up and now the Sky is about 100 dollars less than the comparable Solstice.... One other thing, to get the convenience package with the Solstice you also have to order the premium package.... so if you do not want leather seats, or some of the other little things included with the premium package (steering wheel controls, leather steering wheel etc) you will get less than what is on the Sky.

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
Former proud owner of 2 Skys 2007 and 2008
NOW a Proud owner of a 2012 Chevy Camaro!
But I still love Skys!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L32togo
That may be the case in the US but the Saturn Sky allowance in Canada is $1000. http://www.gmcanada.com/english/fina...eem_brand.html
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 07:55 PM

Ugh..

When I received the pricing in my email box, I was a little bummed. Yes, it's a great price for a roadster, but I thought they said prices would start at around 21k-23k? For me, it would definitely go over $26k, and that is just too high of a car payment each month -- especially how high the APR is right now, geez. So, sadly, I have pulled myself out of the running to get a Sky. You don't know how hard that was! Making a choice between the Sky and a ION3 Quad Coupe with the power package (170hp). But, I also had to think "Geez, I live in a winter state. The Sky has RWD -- not happening." It sucks, but what ya gonna do?

I just never understood how someone could look at a 500-600 dollar car payment and that's cool to them. I make a decent amount of money writing software programs and building coorporate websites, but still, that's a lot of money for just a car each month. But, I suppose everyone has something out there they like to splurge on.

So... I'm bummed I couldn't get the most gorgous car I've wanted for SO LONG, but in the end, I'm very happy with the black advanced Quad Coupe I picked up this afternoon (with black leather seats -- fully loaded, wohoo!)

Still can't wait to see the Skys come rolling out though...
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:25 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulbluprint
When I received the pricing in my email box, I was a little bummed. Yes, it's a great price for a roadster, but I thought they said prices would start at around 21k-23k? For me, it would definitely go over $26k, and that is just too high of a car payment each month -- especially how high the APR is right now, geez. So, sadly, I have pulled myself out of the running to get a Sky. You don't know how hard that was! Making a choice between the Sky and a ION3 Quad Coupe with the power package (170hp). But, I also had to think "Geez, I live in a winter state. The Sky has RWD -- not happening." It sucks, but what ya gonna do?

I just never understood how someone could look at a 500-600 dollar car payment and that's cool to them. I make a decent amount of money writing software programs and building coorporate websites, but still, that's a lot of money for just a car each month. But, I suppose everyone has something out there they like to splurge on.

So... I'm bummed I couldn't get the most gorgous car I've wanted for SO LONG, but in the end, I'm very happy with the black advanced Quad Coupe I picked up this afternoon (with black leather seats -- fully loaded, wohoo!)

Still can't wait to see the Skys come rolling out though...
I never heard the 21-23K starting price for the Sky, it was always Starting Under 25K and if I am not mistaken both the manual and automatic versions start under 25K

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
Former proud owner of 2 Skys 2007 and 2008
NOW a Proud owner of a 2012 Chevy Camaro!
But I still love Skys!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulbluprint
Tell me about it... I have an Ford F150 FX4 offroad and a Nissan Maxima GLE. I just want the SKY as a 3rd vehicle for nice days and then put it in my garage when it's nasty out. Car Payments suck but I believe in enjoying life and doing what makes you happy. Ok, gotta go beg on the corner at the local mall for dinner...

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Getting Your Saturn Sky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in