The Sky you want! Will you wait? - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Getting Your Saturn Sky Forum for discussing the process of ordering/tracking/buying your Saturn Sky. Ever wonder what a VOMS is? How about an "image", or how cars are allocated? The answer probably lies within.

View Poll Results: Will you wait for the Sky you want?
Yes 28 70.00%
No 3 7.50%
This is killing me.... 9 22.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Moderator Emeritus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Sky you want! Will you wait?

Will you wait for the Sky you want (ie colour, options etc.) and perhaps add another six months to your wait or will you take the Sky they offer you? I'm not sure. This may be my one shot so I may wait for the Sky I want. Problem is if it doesn't arrive until October then all I'll be able to do is drive it home and put it into the garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:47 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Garage
I Have the same dilemna

I am sure there are alot of us with the same anxiety. I cannot even find out what the second color Sky will be debuting at the Washington Auto Show. I am driving 400 miles for this...and that is one way. One of the colors is gray...but which one?

MarlboroMike
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 09:19 AM

I'm not so sure we have to settle. My dealer told me yesterday that when the images come out they can be manipulated to match my request.

Beside all that, I want a Chili Pepper Red with the Black interior. The only option I don't want is the spoiler. I can't imagine we won't get a match.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Every day I wait allows me to save more towards my Sky. Been saving almost a year now, as at first I couldn't up my mind about solstice or Sky. There's a dealer 20 minutes from me with two Solstices available that I check out every now and then but the Sky Works For Me After all I have my plates

DDM- Stage III S/C,Probeam,CatchCan, RaceBackbone,Header,HiFlowCat,Powder Coated Coil CamCover,Console,Center feed rail;Exedy II Clutch,TSW Jarama Wheels;Solo Mach Quad Tips;Norm'sRear Diffuser; Goodrich Tires;Kenwood Stereo.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 10:03 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to usmc Send a message via Yahoo to usmc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SATN SKY
I'm not so sure we have to settle. My dealer told me yesterday that when the images come out they can be manipulated to match my request.

Beside all that, I want a Chili Pepper Red with the Black interior. The only option I don't want is the spoiler. I can't imagine we won't get a match.

I think he means for situations like if they told you that they will not be building "bluestone" colored cars until 2010. Would you wait or get the pink one that they are building today?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 10:03 AM

I'm absolutely willing to wait-- I don't want the base model anyway-- I'd only choose the redline. And now that I am seeing the strong liklihood of a next-generation Camaro revival (prolly for 2009 model-yyear, to be premiered at the Detroit Auto Show next week), I may revert to form and wait for my original and neverending favorite-- a small-block Chevy V8
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 10:35 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

My mentality.. is I have 2 cars I can use..
I will wait until the car I want is in..
in any event.. I can have more $ to throw at the dealer.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 11:06 AM

Some things to consider /A wait may be a good thing!

I've been through this with the Solstice and most of what has been said here so far was said last year by those wanting a Solstice. One thing that you need to remember is that every week that you wait for a Sky is a week that Solstice teething issues are being reported to Pontiac. The Solstice guys won't like this statement, but: The Solstice is the Sky's Q-C mule. If GM responds to any and all of the Solstice issues past and present, there will be less issues for us to deal with. Of course that is in a perfect world and right now GM can not afford a perfect world. In any case, let's all hope that issues that arrise with the Solstice are sorted out by the time the Sky is available.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 11:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Tinley Park
As an old guy (55) I have been wanting a roadster for at least 20 years. I am not a "car guy" by any means, but after driving one or two (friends cars - rental, etc) sports cars -- I knew - One DAY! None of the high performance stuff interests me at all. I want to plan road trips and around the town rides.
Because of that - I want what I want. Not REAL fancy (Chrome wheels, Upgraded sound, Leather package, Yellow) but what I want. I can wait. As more than a few said, each day I wait -- my down payment gets larger.

Rick Tinley Park

Delivered June 15, 2006
VIN - 3099
Sunburst Yellow
Painted Calipers
Brushed aluminum Interior panels
GM CAI
Yellow Engine cover and Fuse box
Custom Lighted Door Sills (WR)
Name - Sunni1
IL License # - YLO SKY 1
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:13 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Tinley Park
As an old guy (55) I have been wanting a roadster for at least 20 years. I am not a "car guy" by any means, but after driving one or two (friends cars - rental, etc) sports cars -- I knew - One DAY! None of the high performance stuff interests me at all. I want to plan road trips and around the town rides.
Because of that - I want what I want. Not REAL fancy (Chrome wheels, Upgraded sound, Leather package, Yellow) but what I want. I can wait. As more than a few said, each day I wait -- my down payment gets larger.
As an older guy (56) I have to agree But must add I sure have become more patient in my old age

DDM- Stage III S/C,Probeam,CatchCan, RaceBackbone,Header,HiFlowCat,Powder Coated Coil CamCover,Console,Center feed rail;Exedy II Clutch,TSW Jarama Wheels;Solo Mach Quad Tips;Norm'sRear Diffuser; Goodrich Tires;Kenwood Stereo.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I want a BlueStone and I will definitely wait. If fact I have been thinking about sitting out the first run. My company has been on salary freeze for the past five years and if we do not get the upgrade out for our flagship product soon, there is no way I can afford the Sky. I may have to find another Job

MACH SKY
RL Auto(Stomp 'n Go),Tan/Tan 6 CD,XM,Chrome
Home 11/05/06
http://cafepress.com/wholesky
http://cafepress.com/RichDesign
http://richmcclelland.imagekind.com
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:44 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChiliSky
Well some idiot stole my van

Some dumb stupid idiot stole my van (rolling office) from the back of my clinic on Tuesday. The police think that it is a felon that they were after, he escaped on foot and it was reported by witnesses that he was in a stolen van and that he is now living in it somewhere in the mountains in South Carolina. Apparently he is armed and dangerous and I need to be very thankful that I did not hear him taking my van or the police said I could be dead now.
Now is the problem, I had only 4 more payments on my van at $34,000.00, now 4 years later it is worth that to me but the insurance company will only give me $12,000.00 book price. So that means I have to use some of my Sky money to pay for a newer van.
It pisses me off to no end that some ******* idiot thinks they can take whatever they want and to hell with the person they are taking it from. I have worked hard all my life, paid my bills and I will be damed if some lower than life idiot is going to take away a dream of have such a wonderful roadster. If I have to wait for this car till later in the year, SO BE IT.
We ALL deserve this car and we will all get what we want, never settle on seconds when your talking about something that is your dream!!!!!

Just pray I at least will have some cash to put down on the Sky when the time comes.

Kimberly
ChiliSky
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 03:28 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliSky
Some dumb stupid idiot stole my van (rolling office) from the back of my clinic on Tuesday. The police think that it is a felon that they were after, he escaped on foot and it was reported by witnesses that he was in a stolen van and that he is now living in it somewhere in the mountains in South Carolina. Apparently he is armed and dangerous and I need to be very thankful that I did not hear him taking my van or the police said I could be dead now.
Now is the problem, I had only 4 more payments on my van at $34,000.00, now 4 years later it is worth that to me but the insurance company will only give me $12,000.00 book price. So that means I have to use some of my Sky money to pay for a newer van.
It pisses me off to no end that some ******* idiot thinks they can take whatever they want and to hell with the person they are taking it from. I have worked hard all my life, paid my bills and I will be damed if some lower than life idiot is going to take away a dream of have such a wonderful roadster. If I have to wait for this car till later in the year, SO BE IT.
We ALL deserve this car and we will all get what we want, never settle on seconds when your talking about something that is your dream!!!!!

Just pray I at least will have some cash to put down on the Sky when the time comes.

Kimberly
ChiliSky
I am so sad to hear that. That does really s***!

MACH SKY
RL Auto(Stomp 'n Go),Tan/Tan 6 CD,XM,Chrome
Home 11/05/06
http://cafepress.com/wholesky
http://cafepress.com/RichDesign
http://richmcclelland.imagekind.com
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 10:58 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliSky

Kimberly
ChiliSky
This S*** is happening all to often, and not just down there. Sorry to here you were affected

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Getting Your Saturn Sky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in