What to do? - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Getting Your Saturn Sky Forum for discussing the process of ordering/tracking/buying your Saturn Sky. Ever wonder what a VOMS is? How about an "image", or how cars are allocated? The answer probably lies within.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What to do?

I am next in line for an automatic at my dealer, but have no idea when they will be able to put my order in. My friend called and has a auto Solstice available immediately....my current leased vehicle is up at the end of May....what to do??????

I prefer the Sky, but don't know if I want to wait for the unknown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I would wait for the sky.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belletire
I am next in line for an automatic at my dealer, but have no idea when they will be able to put my order in. My friend called and has a auto Solstice available immediately....my current leased vehicle is up at the end of May....what to do??????

Have you looked at the Solstice in person yet? A lot of people change their opinion of it's styling once they see it in the flesh. I would suggest at least heading over and looking at it. Worst that happens is that you don't like it and would still prefer the Sky.

Also, do you have any options for a vehicle if you cannot get a Sky before your lease is up? Do you have a second car (I assume not)? Could you car pool for a while, borrow a car, extend the lease on your current car, or even buy your current car out at lease end and trade it in on the Sky?

PS, cool avatar! "Better Off Dead" is a funny movie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2006, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fformula88
Have you looked at the Solstice in person yet? A lot of people change their opinion of it's styling once they see it in the flesh. I would suggest at least heading over and looking at it. Worst that happens is that you don't like it and would still prefer the Sky.

Also, do you have any options for a vehicle if you cannot get a Sky before your lease is up? Do you have a second car (I assume not)? Could you car pool for a while, borrow a car, extend the lease on your current car, or even buy your current car out at lease end and trade it in on the Sky?

PS, cool avatar! "Better Off Dead" is a funny movie!
Actually have only been "in" the Solstice. But spent a good hour looking over both of them at the Detroit Auto Show...sad I know.

I put a call in about the lease, should know something tomorrow. I just dont want to be stuck extending the lease through July or August pretty much wasting the whole summer.

I also have to give an answer tomorrow about the car as they have several others on a list who want it.

I've never gone through so much to get a new car, usually just go pick one out that I like and get it same day.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Actually have only been "in" the Solstice. But spent a good hour looking over both of them at the Detroit Auto Show...sad I know.

I put a call in about the lease, should know something tomorrow. I just dont want to be stuck extending the lease through July or August pretty much wasting the whole summer.

I also have to give an answer tomorrow about the car as they have several others on a list who want it.

I've never gone through so much to get a new car, usually just go pick one out that I like and get it same day.
Good luck on whichever car you decide upon!

I know what you mean about buying a car same day too. I am a bit of an impulse car buyer myself. I generally do a lot of research and thinking leading up to a purchase, but once I think I know what I want, I generally head out, find one on a lot, drive it, and buy it. Last October I had an opportunity to drive one of the first Solstice's in the area. It was lots of fun, but the dealer had sold it to another dealer right before I arrived. He still let me drive it. Had it still been for sale, I would have bought it on the spot. It's the only thing that has seperated me from being a GXP hopeful, and an owner right now.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:07 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lease extension

Quote:

You might be able to get a 3 or 6 month extension on your lease.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:

Since you haven't posted in a few days...I'm rather curious as to what you decided. Did you go for the Sol...or have you decided to wait it out for the Sky?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nscrbug
Since you haven't posted in a few days...I'm rather curious as to what you decided. Did you go for the Sol...or have you decided to wait it out for the Sky?
Decided to wait. I know it would bother me every time a Sky drove by. BTW the Sol was sold and off the lot the same day I told them. I think that person will enjoy it more....
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 03:13 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to tolaiz
[QUOTE=belletire]I am next in line for an automatic at my dealer, but have no idea when they will be able to put my order in. My friend called and has a auto Solstice available immediately....my current leased vehicle is up at the end of May....what to do??????

If you settle you're gonna regret it, IMO
T

]

Chili Pepper Red
Blk Leather/Blk top
cd/prem. pkg
LSD and spoiler
automatic
chrome wheels
Delivered 5/24/06
Pick Up - 5/25/06

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Getting Your Saturn Sky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in