Who do you believe? - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Getting Your Saturn Sky Forum for discussing the process of ordering/tracking/buying your Saturn Sky. Ever wonder what a VOMS is? How about an "image", or how cars are allocated? The answer probably lies within.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who do you believe?

Maybe someone can turn this into a pole.
I don;t know who to believe about ordering, I get different answers from different people...
I sent a E-mail to Saturn Customer service and they replied yesterday, saying No orders will be taken until a production date is set, and no production date has been set yet.
SO
Who do you believe?
1.Saturn Customer Service.
2.Your Dealer
3.Posts from members on this Forum
4.I'll believe it when I get my Sky in the Driveway.

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
Former proud owner of 2 Skys 2007 and 2008
NOW a Proud owner of a 2012 Chevy Camaro!
But I still love Skys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 02:34 PM

I think most people on here speculate as to when we will officially order our cars. There are a lot of good opinions and valueable information from everyone here but nobody knows 100% of everything. The only thing you can do is wait until you place your official order. When I have a VIN number, I'll start to get really excited.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 03:15 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Angelqute1
Mr. Jester-

If anyone gives you any solid answers in terms of any of the questions you are asking, don't believe it. There are no solid confirmed facts other than pricing. The problem with calling Saturn Customer Service is that they can only advise what's up until the dealers get the cars. Once the dealers have the cars, it's a whole different ball game, because dealers have flexibility to do what they want (within reason) with the cars. This includes re-pricing them. The contract is between you and the dealer, so that's where your questions need to be answered. The problem is, the dealers really don't know too much. That's where the forum comes in. The forum can be informative, because there are people on this forum that work for GM, Saturn, and other informed organizations that have to do with the car. On the other hand, there are also trolls, trouble-makers, complainers, whiners and others who can mislead you. There are a few people (I think) you can trust on this site. They are Brentil, Delnari and I can't remember her user name, but I think it's Saturn Sales.. maybe. I only know her real name and she is one of the top people at Saturn, who frequents this site and input as to what's going on, where they are in terms of timing, etc. Anyone else, I would be skeptical to believe. The bottom line: Patience and Loyalty. If you can hang and be patient... and you really want this car, hang around and you'll know when we know. Please note, all of the negativity in terms of people on this forum is minimal. There are oodles and oodles of good people on here with great intentions, stories, etc. I am honored to be on this forum and feel that I have connected with a lot of them. It's a great place!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Remember that many of the dealers want your deposit. Some of the people on this site seem to be confused about what they are getting when they hand over their deposit and sign on the dotted line.

Everything is speculation. The dealers are guessing at what the allocations are going to be. For all I know as a Canadian, Saturn could say this will be US sales only (not very likely though).

Saturn customer service did seem to have their head up their ass when I called them several months ago but if they say no orders have been taken then I'd take it as fact.

One thing they told you is interesting. The fact that orders won't be taken until production starts. We now seem to have a better idea of the WHEN! I'm starting to fear what my dealer heard is correct. He was told by his district manager that orders wouldn't be taken until April or May.

I was incorrect in a comment that I made the other day. I said this would be the place to look to if you wanted to find out when orders were being taken. Please take with a grain of salt everything you hear here.

Their has been a lot of excitement and conversation here since we entered the year of the Sky. Please remember that unless you hear it from a moderator it is probably just speculation (this is comming from someone who is not a mod.).
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 06:17 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Garage
The SKYS on Line

We have all seen the pictures of the Yellow Sky in this forum. Kappa took it off because an employee took those clandestine pics....but the car is on Line....seeing is believing

MarlboroMike
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick112
One thing they told you is interesting. The fact that orders won't be taken until production starts. We now seem to have a better idea of the WHEN! I'm starting to fear what my dealer heard is correct. He was told by his district manager that orders wouldn't be taken until April or May.
I didn't say they said ordering wouldn't start till production starts, they said ordering wouldn't start until a production date is set... a big difference there

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
But I still love Skys!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 08:34 PM

Well, I think we all can get valuable info here as well. However, I am truly beginning to believe so much is speculation! It's interesting hearing what others have to say from their respective places around the country but I guess we can all agree that we don't know what to believe regardless of the source! My dealer as of 1-7 still seems to think images will be in this next week. What does that mean now? I am supposedly number 2 on the deposit/waiting/interested in a SKY list at this point but I am not so confident anymore that I will be officially ordering my car anytime soon. I want an automatic so what does that mean for me when supposedly 80% of the first ones made will only be manuals? My odds don't sound so positive that I'll have one by the spring. It's a valid question on who to believe or not at this point! What choice do we have but to just wait it out and hope!?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2006, 10:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry about miss quoting you. I miss read your post.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick112
Sorry about miss quoting you. I miss read your post.
Thats fine I get misunderstood all the time... I sometimes get confused myself about what I said...

Like someone else on here posted, when I get my order in and get a VIN number assigned is when I will believe it...

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
But I still love Skys!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 12:58 PM

order date

My dealer informed me that the production date is sometime in february. They said they will have at least one sky in march and hopefully 5 by may.
good thing i'm 4th on the list.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 01:36 PM

Just spoke with my salesman today. According to his manager through him, they will be getting images in 5-10 days. The first Sky will come with whatever Saturn sends them. It will be a demo only! He was very adament about that. They have no information regarding allocations as yet.

The owner has made no decision regarding sales price, but he expects some amount above MSRP. Without drawing a line in the sand, I let him know my thoughts. Of course, I guess if they tack on $$$ and won't back off, that could be considered 'no haggle pricing', but not in the spirit I understood.

So, now I wait for another 5-10 days and see what they have to say.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 01:59 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Garage
They are already in production

The Skys are already in production....don't believe any of your dealers. Everyone saw them on the assembly line. Kappa took the photos off this site because the photos were taken by an employee at the Wilmington plant. Most of us saw the pics but are now deleted from this site

MarlboroMike
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Our First Order Went In Today!!!

We just placed our first order!!!

Not my customer but this one ordered a Silver Pearl with Black Leather Interior and Black top, the Premium Package, CD/MP3, XM Radio, LSD & Chrome Wheels. Also this one was accepted as an AUTOMATIC. This doesn't mean it can be kicked out later because of the Auto tranny but the image was changed successfully to what I wrote above...

Now let's see how it progresses from here...

Regards,

S.D.

2nd SKY: (Lucy)
2008 RED on Red/Black Lthr
RedLine
Delivered - 7/14/08
Loaded
Auto
3" Magnaflow, GMPP Tune,
Lil Chromies & CAI

1st SKY: (Traded)
2007 Silver Graphite
RedLine
Loaded (-6CD)

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Getting Your Saturn Sky

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in