National Events National Events

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 01:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
expostdelirium, I had you in mind but figured it would be better to post it on the forum in case there are others that don't know about NASSAM.

I'm sure it's "old hat" to most of these guys and gals around here but it will be my first and I'm hoping NASSAM 2017 will be the first for a lot of the new owners on the forum. Generating and keeping the buzz going will hopefully get some newbies involved while not boring the the lucky ones who've been around the Kappas a bit longer. I know I've been to a few meets around the Dallas area and have felt very welcomed by all in attendance. I have no doubt it will be much the same in Lexington. It's a beautiful state and for me it will be a romp through the Cherohala Skyway and the Tail of the Dragon on the way there. Now if I can just find a way to sneak in a run to The Snake

Joe

FLASHED

2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Naked!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 76 (permalink) Old 12-14-2016, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
I only have one prob: I have ONE seat, and possibly 2 that want to go along.

Keep me posted on meet-ups in Dallas. I might be able to make those more easily. My GF doesn't like to go, and my buddy that's interested in Lexington has in-laws somewhere (DeSoto?) in the area.

This Sky's not perfect, but it's perfect...for me
post #48 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 11:45 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Just tried to PM JohnWR about the goings on for the event? Registration fee link? Update on the website page? Anything new out there? Was looking over some of the hotel choices, prices, dining choices, still not sure what days I am attending, little early yet for me to decide.

Anyways the days are starting click off the calander out there. Anyone else made reservations and registered for the event?

LAC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-16-2017, 12:26 PM

Reservations at the hotel are made but no registration yet. But there's no limit to the entrants so no worries.
post #50 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Apologies for being out of touch, several really long (70+hour) weeks at work followed by the flu, and combined with Judy breaking her ankle, and, well, sometimes life gets in the way.

Mark has the website ready, and once I finalize a couple of financial details we will be able to start registration. I am thinking it may be a week to 10 days, although hopefully less.

Thank you everyone for your patience.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #51 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 08:23 AM

Garage
Thanks for the update there John. Sorry to hear about that thing called work. 70+ hrs. sounds like you need a vacation there partner. Flu yeah nobody likes that. The wife breaking her ankle, whatcha gonna do?

Good to hear for us out here that the site is about to be updated, and the registration can begin. Almost Feb. and that is what... winter for most of us. Still have not yet decided about which hotel to use yet. Might be a short quick trip for me, depending on my brother. Sick one day, good the next. Family first, life second. Sorry peramgrin does not override all.

Was doing a planned route, mostly hwy. interstate cruise there, little under 500 miles, 6+ hrs. give or take. Early getaway at 5am maybe. Not much fun with that, but at the end will be some twisty's and much permagrin! Mapping the next gas station location for fuel, during my spare time, watching the wind and snow blow by my window. Soon there will be a change in the weather for most of us, the Top will get to come down. Oh happy days....

LAC
post #52 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Registration for NASSAM 2017 is finally open.

You will find a link to the registration page on the Home page of the informational website: Kappas in Kentucky

For a direct link to the registration page you can click here: NASSAM 2017 Registration

At the present time you cannot sign up for runs, as I have only received two commitments for run leaders. When we have a few more leaders committed we will add run sign-ups and I will make a further announcement.

John
Lexington, KY
post #53 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 08:58 AM

Garage
Thanks John. I'm good to go for the event. Registered for the 2017 event this morning! It's start anyway. Still have to register for a run or two yet.

With the choice of the 3 hotels listed, is next on my to do list.

Still working on my gas stops along the way to and from the event, it's looking better after some work. Not knowing what the gas prices will be,( in June? )they are sure to be higher than they are now, ( the summer driving season you know EXXON/SHELL etc. ) is what I have to factor in for expenses yet. It is what it is if you want to go for a permagrin.
post #54 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

PLEASE NOTE:

We are having an intermittent problem with the PayPal link. If you get a "Empty Shopping Cart" error you can do one of three things:
1) Go to PayPal direct and send the proper amount using the email address at the bottom of the registration page.
2) Mail a check or money order to John Riedel 794 Jairus Drive Lexington KY 40515 with "NASSAM 2017" on the memo line or
3) Log back into your registration page and complete the checkout by following the link provided.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

John
Lexington, KY

Last edited by JohnWR; 02-06-2017 at 01:44 PM. Reason: PayPal bug is fixed, so changed instructions.
post #55 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 11:31 AM

Paypal worked on mine so you guys keep trying if you're having problems.

If merchandise is ordered will it be sent to my house or is it picked up on-site?

Joe

FLASHED

2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Naked!
post #56 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Merchandise will be available on site unless you make arrangements with me, and agree to pay for shipping.
post #57 of 76 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 08:50 AM

Garage
Worked ok for me the other day. Receipt and confirmation #. Waiting to see if the transaction shows up on this month's c/c statement yet? I still have to go back in to the reg. site for the hotel choice and runs sign up.

Got the gas stations along the route mapped out, not bad plenty of places along the route so no worries there. Prices will have to be watched, for overall costs during the trip. Prices are ok for the Hotels, I can wing a few nights stay. Bar tab and food $$$, yet to be determined!

So far so good. Looking forward to it. 1000+ mile cruise, meet a few owners and their cars. Photos and videos, couple of rounds, little talk about the Kappa. Something to be remembered. Sounds like many a permagrin to me.

Hotel choice in March, runs sign up in April? Not sure yet but it will get done soon enough.

LAC
post #58 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

We have started making runs available for sign-up. Please bear with us while we work the bugs out of the descriptions and get the starting times sorted out.

Because of the shortage of run leaders there is at present a 2-run limit for everyone who is not leading a run. If there isn't a run you want on a day you want, sign up to lead it yourself! Runs led do not add to your run count, so you can lead as many as you want. As we add leaders the run limit should increase, and I will post when that happens.

John
Lexington, KY
post #59 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 08:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Is there any news on which vendors will be attending?
post #60 of 76 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSolDriver View Post
Is there any news on which vendors will be attending?
We have been in contact with the usual vendors that attend this event and are waiting for most of them to do the final steps to complete the process of registration. DDM, Norms Fiberglass, WindRestrictor, Hahn, and Performance AutoWerks just to name a few and it looks like a new vendor for this year Nextzett USA - Kenotek USA is already signed up .

There are others on our list but if anyone knows of a particular vendor who would like to attend just drop us a note here [email protected]

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > National Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in