User Tag List

17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Garage
I can see us in South Dakota, might even get to go home for a day or two on the trip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 01:31 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SaturnSkyDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
No I will admit I didn't, but then again according to Google, I lived 28 hours/1800 miles from Canton....

Terry
Well, according to your excuse and where you live, it doesn't look like you will be helping with any of the NASSAM's then eh

_

Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed LSD
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console Cover
Enjoying Another Cancer Free Day
https://bethematch.org/
post #33 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Garage
Rapid City would be good. We spent 2 days there on the way to NASSAM2015. However, at my age, I don't plan 2 years in advance.
Kansas Bill likes this.

07 Sky
2.4L NA
5 speed
Limited slip differential
Chrome wheels
Premium trim package
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Well, I know folks are looking forward to next month in New York, but some of us are actively finishing up planning for 2020 in Rapid City. Looking forward to both. While I'm sure there will be some conversation here on this forum after the 2019 event, we'll be asking folks to look first for information on the website nassam2020.com when it goes up on July 15. If you can't find what you're looking for there let us know and we'll remedy that. Event and hotel registration will be available at that time.
Rob the Elder likes this.

Last edited by mysolst; 05-23-2019 at 10:22 AM.
post #35 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:06 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Good news. Looking forward to a fun event.
post #36 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
I've been to Sturgis three times on the Harley. I rode the whole way from Dallas every time. The area is absolutely beautiful. I will be looking forward to this event. For me that means a heater for Raton Pass and an air conditioner for the places in-between!

Joe

FLASHED

2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Naked!
post #37 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Not sure how I missed this thread here on the forum, cause I read almost everything here, pretty much.
While it is still a month away for our owners group annual gathering of the Kappa's the question still remains of where and how much from our group when considering attending an event such as this.

IMO: It's all the Mississippi's fault no doubt about. Dividing our country, and owners here how dare you do that?
Crossing the muddy waters... not gonna happen for some. Why? Distance. No owner from the west coast, or points west of the mighty Mississippi will attend anything on the east coast. Same holds true from our east coast members.
Too much travel.. time spent in transit to the event sometimes out weighs the time spent at the event, extra hotel costs, more gas costs, food, prepping in advance for a long drawn out journey to and from. Time off from work? It's human nature in most cases, but drivers like to drive. Road trip anyone? Who's in? With most Americans that's the thing here in the Land of the Free, Home of the very Brave. That's right your "free" to drive anywhere you like on our road systems, IF your brave enough to do so? Can you afford it? Are you willing to afford such an adventure into the great American unknown?

IS there a solution to this problem every year for our owners? To decide I'm going to NY or Rapid City in this case? Damned if you do, be damned if you don't? There is no in between to this problem, of where, how many will attend the event. It's a National Event for all if you care to attend, depending on your circumstance at the moment, more or less.

My suggestion would be: Two separate events. Both National in nature events for the cause of bringing Kappa owners out the woodwork, same place, same time, same station, stay tuned folks... June the Month of the Kappa. West of the Mississippi for those owners wishing to attend, East of the Mississippi for those of our owners to attend something closer more affordable to their out of pocket expenses? Two events, two sets of problems for events organizers to deal with. More headaches...

IF.. you have never been to up state NY, a beautiful section of America then go by all means, err IF you have the means to do so that is?
IF.. you have never been to SD, then go by all means, it truly is a special section of our country.

However: Choices. That's what makes this country of ours great. IF I wanna drive 2000 miles or not? Do I want to put that many miles on my odo to attend?
How much will it cost me this time? Where is my " cutoff line" for attending such an event? How far will I go over the line in the sand to attend? All up to you the owner/operator to decide. No whining here, in fact get off the thread IF you choose not to attend. Everyone has.. an opinion on such topics as this. It never gets old, the continuing battle of where should we hold next years event for our owners?

I have been to both places, and they are beautiful to say the least. One of my fondest memories as a child seeing the USA in a Chevy was Mt. Rushmore. The Bad Lands... are bad.
Ahhh upstate NY in the summer, cool breezes, mountain scenery galore, twisty roads too, plus Watkins Glen a racetrack you can drive on, sort of.. but decide here. AM I going?

I will not be attending this years event unfortunately, prior commitments prevent this. The 2020 event is too far away for me to attend. SO I have chosen...

LAC

Last edited by LAC Sky; 05-24-2019 at 09:59 AM.
post #38 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

I'm going to make the request one more time, this thread was intended to be for the 2020 event and I'd sure appreciate it if we could keep it to that subject. There is a thread over on the Solstice forum where folks are debating the methods by which locations for nationals are chosen...link below. If you're interested in making proposals, please go there.

Thanks from the NASSAM 2020 team.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...ssions-158415/

PS: You may also wish to make note that the NASSAM 2021 event will be in Northern Michigan, but 2022 as noted in the thread above is up for discussion. There seem to be many that want a nationals close to them so now would be a good time to speak up and start organizing. And by the way this quote "No owner from the west coast, or points west of the mighty Mississippi will attend anything on the east coast. Same holds true from our east coast members." just isn't true. Nationals in 2015 in Portland, OR were attended by folks from all over the country and parts of Canada. My wife and I have driven across the country three times to go to Nationals...there are a few of us... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC Sky View Post
Not sure how I missed this thread here on the forum, cause I read almost everything here, pretty much.
While it is still a month away for our owners group annual gathering of the Kappa's the question still remains of where and how much from our group when considering attending an event such as this.

EDITED...

My suggestion would be: Two separate events. Both National in nature events for the cause of bringing Kappa owners out the woodwork, same place, same time, same station, stay tuned folks... June the Month of the Kappa. West of the Mississippi for those owners wishing to attend, East of the Mississippi for those of our owners to attend something closer more affordable to their out of pocket expenses? Two events, two sets of problems for events organizers to deal with. More headaches...

EDITED...

LAC

Last edited by mysolst; 05-24-2019 at 12:51 PM.
post #39 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysolst View Post
I'm going to make the request one more time, this thread was intended to be for the 2020 event and I'd sure appreciate it if we could keep it to that subject. There is a thread over on the Solstice forum where folks are debating the methods by which locations for nationals are chosen...link below. If you're interested in making proposals, please go there.

Thanks from the NASSAM 2020 team.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/...ssions-158415/

PS: You may also wish to make note that the NASSAM 2021 event will be in Northern Michigan, but 2022 as noted in the thread above is up for discussion. There seem to be many that want a nationals close to them so now would be a good time to speak up and start organizing. And by the way this quote "No owner from the west coast, or points west of the mighty Mississippi will attend anything on the east coast. Same holds true from our east coast members." just isn't true. Nationals in 2015 in Portland, OR were attended by folks from all over the country and parts of Canada. My wife and I have driven across the country three times to go to Nationals...there are a few of us... :-)
I stand corrected. Congrats on your successful trips across our Nation.
Post only for 2020 event here. Got that. Solstice forum for discussion on location events in future for suggestions of mine. I can do that maybe.
Well last post here for me, since I won't be attending this one in SD 2020.
I visit the Solstice site once or twice a month, but I'm not a member, so I'd have to join to comment there, not gonna happening.
but thanks for your suggestion to do so.

2021..N.Michigan... yeah talk about travel time to and from here. So that's out..
2022 TBD... back to the Solstice site... oh well LAC.. outta luck I guess.

Sorry for the high jack...of this thread. I'll be moving along right bout now taking my opinion with me...I know.. where's my keys! Hmmmm....
LAC
post #40 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

We hope everyone had a great time at NASSAM 2019. Stay tuned here for more news, but be looking for our 2020 website to be up July 15, you'll find us at https://www.nassam2020.com/ . Oh, and if you weren't at the 2019 banquet, here is a little of what you missed https://youtu.be/F7yUBu-PZEo.
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Hello All: As has been noted, the website will be up on July 15. To kick things off I thought I'd mention that the website we chose was capable of ecommerce meaning that the process of registering and buying t-shirts, coins, etc. will be like any other online store. You click on the item you like, choose the number of items you with to purchase, add it to your cart and then pay through PayPal. We hope that enough folks have done online shopping that this will be straight forward. At any time you'll also be able to return to make additional purchases...an extra t-shirt or whatever. Upon completion of registration you'll get two emails, one from PayPal and one from us. If you lose track of your confirmations you will be able to go to the website, click on the "Who's Coming?" link and find your name. To keep some anonymity you would find me by looking for "RickH" from Washington State...you should be able to find yourself and the runs for which you've signed up. More on other stuff later.
post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Hello, this week's coming attraction is for the NASSAM 2020 runs that will be available. On our website (coming July 15th) you'll be able to click on the link for runs and find descriptions and maps for each run. There are four guided runs and two unguided. The unguided runs are to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse, we figured there would be just so many different desires for time to be spent at each that folks could get together if they wished to stay for an hour, some longer. There are also evening shows at those locations. The other four runs are Badlands, Custer State Park (including the Needles Highway and Iron Mountain Road), Devils Tower and Spearfish Canyon. Each has been carefully planned with many stops to...uh...well...use the restroom. :-) Hope to see you in 2020. Oh, and before anyone asks, as noted on the Runs page there will be Garmin files available as of September 1st. I want to make one more pass in August before I publish those.
post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysolst View Post
I want to make one more pass in August before I publish those.
Going during Sturgis Bike Week? If I have the dates figured correctly (first full week after the first full weekend of August), it should start ramping up around July 27th and run through Aug 11th or so.

Joe

FLASHED

2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Naked!
post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stungjoe View Post
Going during Sturgis Bike Week? If I have the dates figured correctly (first full week after the first full weekend of August), it should start ramping up around July 27th and run through Aug 11th or so.
No, not bike week. A bit later in August and hopefully a little quieter. :-)
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Garage
The dates are fantastic and we plan to make the event. If I can get there I am up for leading a run. Have been doing them for the FJ Summit for 12 years doing three runs at each event.
The dates also work out well for a trip to the College World Series in Omaha it appears. The wife is all excited about that. Chance to go home for a day or two for both of us. Let me know if we can be of assistance. 44th Sky call me, I owe you an apology!!!!!!!

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > National Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in