17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
The dates are fantastic and we plan to make the event. If I can get there I am up for leading a run. Have been doing them for the FJ Summit for 12 years doing three runs at each event.
The dates also work out well for a trip to the College World Series in Omaha it appears. The wife is all excited about that. Chance to go home for a day or two for both of us. Let me know if we can be of assistance. 44th Sky call me, I owe you an apology!!!!!!!
Thanks for the offer, but at the moment we've many volunteers. if something changes, we'll keep you in mind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Hi folks, our next coming attraction on the website. We have a page called "The Basics" that will tell you all of the when, where, how and how much ($$). After looking at the photos on the home page you might want to start with the basics and then have a look at the "Calendar" page with the day-by-day schedule of events. We'll be getting our committee to start final website testing shortly so hopefully we'll get them to find any last improvements before going live. Best regards. Rick
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

In testing the website we came up with a new thing! If you are bringing TWO cars; please note that you will process two separate registrations and payments in two different transactions. Register the first car individually and complete payment before returning to register the second car. For each car simply list a driver with no navigator. Each car will be separately numbered with its own goodie bag. Please order t-shirts for the occupant of that car so we can insure correct t-shirts get into the correct goodie bags. Yeah, I know this only applies to about eight people, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

So please note: The registration fee is per person, not per car. If folks bring two cars like my wife and me, she registers herself as driver of her car with no navigator. Separately, I register myself as driver with no navigator of my car.

If we had a more sophisticated website we could have provided an option for a couple to register two people, two cars and pay once...but we're pretty limited on what we can do in that regard.

That said, if ONE person really wanted to bring TWO cars, they would pay only one registration fee, but they would need to send us an email at [email protected] so we know there is a second vehicle.

Last edited by mysolst; 07-01-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Good Morning: I received a PM, so I thought I'd better reiterate. The website is in final testing, and we're waiting for the hotel to open registrations. We will have the website up July 15 for your perusal, registration, etc. Karen will look into putting up something at nassam2020.com saying "Coming July 15, please join us in Rapid City for NASSAM 2020!" In the meantime, our apologies for any confusion.
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Maybe put off posting about the website until it is available?
TomatoSoup likes this.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #51 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
Maybe put off posting about the website until it is available?
As noted over on the Solstice forum, we thought it might be kind of fun to give some previews. Over on Facebook the response has been almost entirely positive in the dozens of responses. I just thought I'd try something a little different this year. Hopefully my silly idea has been fun for most. I'm just trying to balance the interest with folks who've already asked to get started. Don' the best we can here. :-)

Last edited by mysolst; 07-05-2019 at 08:49 PM.
post #52 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
I think it's fine to post progress, but the way the earlier ones were worded was a bit confusing - implying the site was up. IMO, if you had prefaced each of the posts with "Website is not yet up, but latest progress is...", it might have satisfied all.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #53 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoSoup View Post
I think it's fine to post progress, but the way the earlier ones were worded was a bit confusing - implying the site was up. IMO, if you had prefaced each of the posts with "Website is not yet up, but latest progress is...", it might have satisfied all.
Exactly the point I was attempting to make. Thanks, TS.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #54 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Hello Everyone. As promised it is July 15th and our 2020 website is up and running - https://www.nassam2020.com/. Please feel free to read through the "Basics" page for the who, what, when, where and how much ($$). The registration page works just like any other online store. Click on the link to that page, and then by clicking the "Registration" button you can walk through the process of signing up, choosing whether to buy t-shirts, posters, coins and patches. The hotel reservations page has a link to the hotel website, just choose your dates and you should be on your way. You may also call the hotel directly with the information provided on that page. And don't forget to check in once in a while to see if there is anything new by clicking on our "What's New" page. We'll update that as any plans change or any updates are made. And, of course, if you need any help or would like to comment just contact us at [email protected]. Hope to see you in Rapid City in 2020.
post #55 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
The dates are fantastic and we plan to make the event. If I can get there I am up for leading a run. Have been doing them for the FJ Summit for 12 years doing three runs at each event.
The dates also work out well for a trip to the College World Series in Omaha it appears. The wife is all excited about that. Chance to go home for a day or two for both of us. Let me know if we can be of assistance. 44th Sky call me, I owe you an apology!!!!!!!
You can help with the daily maintenance class. We will have several instructors so people can go on runs and we can still execute the class. You get a free PunisheR at 2020 maintenance class shirt!
post #56 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Here is your fun fact for the week. We have 37 registrations all paid in full. There are 6 folks who made hotel reservations all get registered (please do as soon as you can firm up plans). And add to that 2 folks who have requested runs (again, please register when you have a chance)...we have a total of 45 cars showing up. That's the news until next Monday. :-)
post #57 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Hello Everyone: Hey, someone submitted a question pertaining to our items for sale. We have offered the event poster, t-shirts, a coin and a patch...so the question was raised about whether we considered offering hats as well. That has been done in the past and has represented a lot of work. That said we did think about offering hats and decided against it for this year. But thanks to the individual who asked. We appreciate the interest.
post #58 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:16 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
BUMP....Hey, just a friendly reminder. Please take a few minutes to book a room. It would be helpful if you register, but at least grab yourself a room.

Running full throttle SOLO (SQR-2)

Some people grow old before their time...I choose to die before I grow old
post #59 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-01-2019, 11:50 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Garage
How do I order a T Shirt?
post #60 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-02-2019, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
How do I order a T Shirt?
Typically folks order things as a part of the registration process, the assumption being that you will be at the event to pick up whatever you've ordered. We have not included shipping in the cost of each item. That said, if you just want to order a t-shirt, and have it mailed to you we'd ask for you to perhaps also include in your order a monetary contribution to our charity of...lets say $25. We could use a few dollars to ship your t-shirt and donate the rest.

To order any item go to https://www.nassam2020.com/store, and follow your nose. It works like any other online store. If you still have questions please send an email to [email protected].

Last edited by mysolst; 08-02-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > National Events

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in