Being A Grown UP - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Garage
Being A Grown UP

Why can't members who post pictures of their cars or describe their vehicle able to take criticism...Why do you only want RAVES...and you are unable to take the criticism...You had better grow up. That's life. You get the GOOD with the BAD (of course that is ME).

Look what you have put Bogie through...he has to delete all hijacked material. The forum has become POLITICALLY CORRECT...this is Midnite Blues fault..perhaps.
post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
About those stupid white walls you have.... geez I like 'em!
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A good question.. indeed.

2008 White Pontiac G8 GT
2008 White Sky Redline
2008 Techno Grey Redline !!
1998 White Honda Gold Wing
2004 Mazda Rx8
Betsy... 65 Ford Econoline sold 08/12 :)
post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Pilot View Post
About those stupid white walls you have.... geez I like 'em!
If I tell you that Marvic will put them on his car once his goes..would u believe?

Yellow SKYS with the additional amber ring...they pick up on each other...and remember, the white wall pops chrome wheels...otherwise the chrome is muted...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FredandMike_zpsbdd13c3f.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	45650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Piggy%20Bowl%20005.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	909.2 KB
ID:	45658  

Last edited by marlboromike; 08-16-2013 at 04:49 PM.
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
there's this saying...if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all.

that's what makes you a grown up, sir. not trying to bring people down, saying ludacris things, and expecting them to be "ok" with that. That makes you about 13 years old.

Maturity is not about how many years you have walked the earth. It's about how you present yourself to others, and how civil you can be with anyone and everyone around you. I have witnessed some of the rediculous things you have posted about other peopls cars, and it's no surprise to me that a few people are lashing out a little bit against you.

obviously you feel a little but hurt if you're posting this thread, otherwise you would have just "accepted it, with the good and the bad."

also, how many times has your car ever seen the track? those race car numbers make it look so fast! i bet those white wall tires really grip in the turns. I dont understand how you can keep a race car so shiny and flawless!

the chrome isnt muted by the black tires. it doesnt stand out because the stock wheel spokes are so thin. You can spot my Mercedes AMG wheels a mile away on my car...fat 5's.
post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 04:56 PM

Garage
im not trying to be an a$$ on this thread, but obviously you are looking for other members opinions or you wouldn't have posted...
post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Why can't members who post pictures of their cars or describe their vehicle able to take criticism...Why do you only want RAVES...and you are unable to take the criticism...You had better grow up. That's life. You get the GOOD with the BAD (of course that is ME).

Look what you have put Bogie through...he has to delete all hijacked material. The forum has become POLITICALLY CORRECT...this is Midnite Blues fault..perhaps.
MM (IMHO) from sitting back and watching this from the sidelines there is a big difference between constructive criticism or expressing an opinion and some of the out and out nasty stuff that comes out of people's fingers on the keyboard. It feels like some folks can't wait to see something new so they can be the first to rip the 'new' thing. I really believe that people who post pics and that kind of info (I am not one of them for obvious reasons) aren't looking for RAVES they are looking for feedback from their peers in a car club and hope to give others ideas or maybe even have others improve on theirs. The nastiness and the acid that flies is way out of line. I love my car and what I have done to it is my business. I made the changes because I saw it elsewhere or talked to someone whose opinion I respect. What anyone else on here thinks is worth less a rat's ass to me. I think everyone has to lighten up and get back to basics or there will be no more pics and the thread about what I did to my car will dry up - as will most of the rest of this forum. It scares people off when they see and read what happens when you open up - even a little bit...When I want advice I go the PM route with those I respect and leave the public out of it....

2009 Sky Redline Silver Pearl, Red on Black

HFCat,Braces,Werks Sway bars,Werks Intake,OEM Spoiler,Racing stripes, MRZ Black Caps,RPI exhaust, Norm(Diffuser,Splitter,Skirts),JPM(console,shifter ,shroud),PillarPod,WaterMeth
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
What Critter said: There is a significant difference between expressing an opinion and casting universal judgment.

"Mike, I don't care for the way you treat other people." is an opinion.

"Mike, you are an insensitive, fugly, jerkwad." is a universal judgment.

See how they feel different?

In my opinion, your behavior toward other people is affecting this forum in a negative way. New members, participation (i.e. posting), etc. are the lifeblood of a place like this and new folks, of late, have repeated stated how unwelcome they've felt. And like apples, one rotten member can ruin the forum for everyone. So chill out on rotten appling, or you're going to find yourself as the only fruit in a lonely barrel.

2008 Red Line
D30 Override red on red
Three pedals
Monsoon stereo w/ USB input
Custom lighted Windrestrictor
K04 Big Wheel Turbo
Solo Street Race exhaust
Norm's custom rear facia
Ordered: 6/23/07
Born: 7/16/07
Del: 8/24/07
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 06:37 PM

I'm a newbee and I can tell already that there are keyboard commandos here just like every other forum. Don't know MM but what usually happens is people stop taking you seriously. Just my .02.
post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
I don't feel the LOVE...
post #11 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thumbs down

Poor ole mikey has new nickname on the solstice forum... they tagged his ass as a "curmudgeon"... Those sols over there will not, DO not tolerate this bullies asinine behavior.. notice I did not reply directly to poor ole crybaby mikey, I have his ass on ignore... He will stay in my dog house until that ole fart grows up.. BTW, I could of not put it any better than lorennerol statement..
Quote:
In my opinion, your behavior toward other people is affecting this forum in a negative way. New members, participation (i.e. posting), etc. are the lifeblood of a place like this and new folks, of late, have repeated stated how unwelcome they've felt. And like apples, one rotten member can ruin the forum for everyone. So chill out on rotten appling, or you're going to find yourself as the only fruit in a lonely barrel.

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama

Last edited by MidniteBlues; 08-16-2013 at 09:11 PM.
post #12 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 09:11 PM
GT!

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I'd rather see another tire or oil thread than another one of these soap opera threads that have nothing to do with our cars. But whatever ... I'll just ignore this thread now that I know what it is about.

-GT
post #13 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-16-2013, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT! View Post
I'd rather see another tire or oil thread than another one of these soap opera threads that have nothing to do with our cars. But whatever ... I'll just ignore this thread now that I know what it is about.

-GT
me 2.. anything for another tick on mikey post count..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #14 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
me 2.. anything for another tick on mikey post count..
If you guys really think it is a number of posts thing, you're deluded. He's merely giving his honest opinion of your mod or situation. If you can't accept honest criticism, then don't post anything. Nobody is always going to agree with you... ever, so just roll with the punches and take it for what it's worth; someone's opinion. So if you guys don't like my Sky, BFD, screw you, but it's also your opinion, so I honor it, and it does give me pause to reconsider my Sky and/or the mod I did, it makes me think twice as to whether it is as bitchin as I think it is...
post #15 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 03:43 AM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
Poor ole mikey has new nickname on the solstice forum... they tagged his ass as a "curmudgeon"... Those sols over there will not, DO not tolerate this bullies asinine behavior.. notice I did not reply directly to poor ole crybaby mikey, I have his ass on ignore... He will stay in my dog house until that ole fart grows up.. BTW, I could of not put it any better than lorennerol statement..

FRANK...Vic and myself would like to invite you to Bahama Breeze....it is on us. Some of the old group is meeting....come on up. You have to be able to turn the other cheek. We still love Ya. Come On Frank...

Last edited by marlboromike; 08-17-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in