Being A Grown UP - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 12:04 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllfly View Post
Dave,
I put 9 years at sea. Now that is a bad day at sea.
And I can not swim.
LLLFLY
Google Algoport to find some good stories of the history of the ship.

Algoport Sinking

Dave -
2006 Solstice NA #000741
post #32 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SKYREDLINE View Post
Indeed. Mike likes to correct others spelling b/c he is insecure about his own.
Perhaps he thinks that it reflects his intelligence which he mistakenly associates with knowledge about Kappas. Hiding behind information WILL not and HAS not masked his inability to other wise be relevant.
This as others have stated has nothing to do with age but maturity.

Threads like this have nothing to do with our cars or love for them however, Mike thought this was somehow more relevant a discussion then questions about oil or tires.

I do not mean this to be cruel or mean just a reflection on another members behavior who has invited such criticism and allegedly welcomes it (easy to see this is not really the case, he will thank you for correcting him in one thread then be passive aggressive/overtly offensive in another).

I to like so many others have begun to feel a certain type of sympathy for him, its sad to watch a sinking ship.

He may have the nickname "curmudgeon" on the sol forum but to me he is MumblingMike.

Please take this feedback and that of so many others as a life jacket.
I hope he does take it, he use to be my buddy, even with my assaults, he and Vic invite me to their side show up north. I don't want him to be sorry, because today he is a sorry you know what. All I'm looking for is an apology to the newbs and the assistance to turn always positive, otherwise STHU..
I won't hold my breath..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spag View Post
Sadly, based on my experiences - bullying is actually rampant on the Sol forum... But it is much more personalized instead of towards a generic group.

That is why I no longer go to "the other side"...
I love the solstice forum, and I have crossed swords over their with a few of those 'bullies" you described, (one comes to mind about some tree hugger talkin shlt when i owned my H2, he was from the left coast of californication). however, I challenged those guys as I do here. I will not let clowns or *******s chase me away.. I'll leave on my terms and will ALWAYS challenge & hit back at bullies and trolls..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #33 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaxenfilly23 View Post
Actually Mike, "defence" is not a wrong spelling. Most of the English speaking countries outside of the US spell it this way.

Did we move?
post #34 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Did we move?
We damn sure did since this is an international forum.

09 Redline and yes, I am a girl....
post #35 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 10:06 AM

Thought I would pop in and say hi... Then I saw this thread.... I see that old douche bag is still being an old douche bag. Glad to not be associated with these old ****s . . Feel bad for the new guys who have honest questions and want to show off their new cars...

peace out.
post #36 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 10:53 AM

Garage
lololololololololololololololololololol
post #37 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFBRODIESR View Post
Mike, you have a great deal to give based on your knowledge of the Sky. You have personally helped me as a neighbor, with my Sky.
Couldn't agree more, MM's knowledge is great and I for one, appreciate MOST of his posts, I have learned a lot from him, because he is very knowledgeable. But as a relative newbie, the question needs to be asked, why does he resort to his bullying tactics? This is is ridicules, and something needs to be done ASAP.

Someone already mentioned he is limiting the posts by others. He is compensating by his bullying for his toughness or lack of. I have said it before and I will say it again....... I have seen meat at my local butchers tougher than he is and he knows it.

IMHO why would anybody ruin a beautiful Saturn Sky with whitewalls and a 44 sticker on each door? Is it wrong? No not at all and maybe we should not citicize for the sake if criticizing. No, not at all just what HE wants to do, which is fine, maybe just the era he grew up in.

Just as he shouldn't criticize what you or I do to our cars. I won't say I like the black wheels and all the plastidip the youngsters are using now, but it certainly isn't wrong, I guess what I am saying, I am, along with Mike, a product of our generation. In my era the more chrome (ie: chrome wheels, bling etc.) the better.

Just my own thoughts

Terry

2008 Midnight Blue Saturn Sky
2.4L, DDM Short Shifter, 18" Chrome Wheels, Limited Slip Differential, Sirius Radio/Onstar, Power Seat,
Spoiler, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Kenwood Stereo, Leather, Windrestrictor, Opel GT Antenna

Last edited by Windancer; 08-20-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Spelling.....wouldn't want to get the grammar police after me.
post #38 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 01:42 PM

Garage
ew...chrome :p
post #39 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushingluck831 View Post
Please don't lower yourself any more Mark, it is just a by product of our ages and the era in which we grew up. I never said black wheels and plastidip was wrong remember that.

Terry

2008 Midnight Blue Saturn Sky
2.4L, DDM Short Shifter, 18" Chrome Wheels, Limited Slip Differential, Sirius Radio/Onstar, Power Seat,
Spoiler, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Kenwood Stereo, Leather, Windrestrictor, Opel GT Antenna

Last edited by Windancer; 08-20-2013 at 02:03 PM.
post #40 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:03 PM

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 429 Post(s)
I slapped my leg silly after reading these

Quote:
Quote:
there's this saying...if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all.

Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
post #41 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Criticism comes in all shapes and colors. As far as our SKY mods...they vary as much as opinions and that is just the way it is. Nothing wrong with knowing what others think about what we have done to make our cars our own. I have seen many vehicle mods in here that I wish I had the $$ and skill set to do. I have also seen the other side of the coin, mods that I would never consider, but do not condemn anyone for it. If an opinion is asked...then I might respond with my true feelings about it. That is all. From what I have read in past posts, MM does seem to have a good working knowledge of what the Kappas bear. I certainly cannot claim that onto myself but I do utilize any information I can extract from this forum and apply it, as needed, for my SKY. As "International" as this forum has become, then it should be understood that opinions and personalities will be as varied as the people who bear them. With that in mind...feel free to tread in,get comfortable and take everything for what it is...an opportunity. Opportunity as applicable to what you can benefit from it. I , for one, am glad this forum has not ceased to exist. Remember, "The truth is often offensive to those whose reality it reveals." Yeah...I read that somewhere and liked it.

Base '07 Chili Pepper/Black Top
GM Splash guards
Tinted windows
Short antenna
Red calipers
Red fender lights
Custom 3rd brake light overlay
"Pesky 1" plates
DDM Backbone & Probeam, Sky eyelids
Seq. turn signals, Pulsating 3rd brake light
post #42 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:22 PM

I think most of us would agree that it is not a difference of opinons that is problematic but they way they are expressed.

Opinions void of sensitivity or tact are generally presented out of malice or with the intent to intice others to it.

These perpetrators are made all the more conspicuous through their continued behaviour and refusal to amend said behaviour (most likely out of narcissism and guile).

"The truth is often offensive to those whose reality it reveals."

Reality is often offensive to those whose truth it revokes -08SKYREDLINE

: willy:
post #43 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:24 PM

Garage
I was joking entirely, i have chrome wheels on my car right now lol. notice the tounge out crappy emoticon face!! i was biting in the stereotype that all youngsters have black wheels and old guys have chrome.
post #44 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM

Garage
but all the same, what certain individuals have stated, is far more personal and direct than "ew, chrome."

i do like chrome, on certain cars for certain things.
post #45 of 120 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Intelligence and Memory are two very different things.

You can be very intelligent and not have a very good memory. You can also have an amazing memory and be ignorant.

Anyone that spends as much time as MM has staring at a forum can regurgitate the info on demand. It has little to do with intelligence. MM is like a dictionary, or an encyclopedia. He can remember every post and every (supposed) fix for these cars. He has no original thoughts or discoveries. All a dictionary can do is store information for later retrieval. A dictionary can't think on it's own or come up with original thoughts. It's a storage device.

The problem here is the info in this storage device is getting pretty much impossible to access. He has information that "newbies" can use. If they can't access it, I'm sorry but the storage device needs to either be fixed or replaced. If it can't be fixed, and people continue to try to access it, the whole system will be effected and fail. If it continues to put foul "data" into the system, the entire system will also be negatively effected.

There's a handful of guys on BOTH forums that just need to step away from the keyboard. You can usually tell who they are by their post counts. If you have nothing else in your life but an internet forum, chances are you're gonna have issues. If you create a thread basically talking about how upset you are that new people are coming onto YOUR forum, you probably need to step back and re-evaluate your views on life in general.

If you know or remember things but don't allow others to gain that information, you're selfish and ignorant, and all that information is worthless.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in