Car Clubs? - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
First 2000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Car Clubs?

Since I'm pretty new to having a quality vehicle I have no clue as to what people in car clubs actually do besides congratulate eachother on a fantastic purchase. So what do car clubs do? Are there any folks involved in a NJ based Sky club?

Silver Pearl
Black Top
Black Leather
Auto Trans
XM
CD Player
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:18 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Hmmmm.... i will start.......... We get together and discuss mods to our cars..... share tips on the cars...... take drives together.... play follow the leader.... duck, duck, goose...... you know... these types of things....... SkyBaby-07

07 PINK SkyRL Livin the Sky-Sol life with my hubby, Bill Hahn Jr Love is... Having a Sky Roadster and a Solstice
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 03:43 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Clubs are for Fun!

I am the former president and founder of the CinZroadsters, a BMW Z club. I also am a member of the GCMC Miata club and the Buckeye chapter of the BMWCCA. Generally speaking clubs have monthly meetings with attendance optional. Also there are monthly day trips in convoys over twisty back roads to local places of interest like wineries, historical sites, state parks, covered bridges etc.

Some event are national or regional where other clubs get together over a weekend. The Dragon at Deals Gap in the Smokies is a favorite. The BMW Z plant in Spartanburg SC has a big bash over the Labor Day weekend. Some club have driving schools. Sometimes car clubs decorate their cars for Fourth of July Parades and such. The CinZroadsters have a monthly event called the CinZdiners. Any member will suggest a best kept secret local restaurant (never a chain) for get togethers and socializing. Club members have cookouts and parties at their house or parks. Alway infomation is exchanged on car info.

The best thing about car clubs are the great people you meet and the friends you make. Personally I really enjoy them. When they sell enough Skys in my area I plan to form a Sky club. Carnut says he is interested when he gets his Sky.

"1 HOT SKY" Cincinnati, OH
Ohio Valley Kappa Club
www.ohiovalleykappas.com
(2) Redline order placed 5/15/06 & delivered 01/30/07Red w/ Tan Manual
Cd Monsoon w/ Chrome Wheels
Other car 2003 3.0 ltr Z4
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006, 11:48 AM
First 2000

Club in CT?

I have had my sky since April and have been trying to start a club in SW CT. Is there a club now or is there potential members in the wings here?
I have a chili pepper red sky and heads turn every day I take her out. My hubby and I fight over who gets custody for the day! LOL
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne la Jewel View Post
I have had my sky since April and have been trying to start a club in SW CT. Is there a club now or is there potential members in the wings here?
I have a chili pepper red sky and heads turn every day I take her out. My hubby and I fight over who gets custody for the day! LOL
There is a pretty extensive list of car clubs at this link:
https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7363

It only takes two people to form a club.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in