Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Daily Driver (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/daily-driver-31698/)

SSRL 06-22-2009 02:23 PM

Daily Driver

My 08 Sky is my daily driver, and anyone that lives in NJ knows how the roads are and such. My car is to the point where I need to have it repainted. ( hood and front bumper) yea bad enough to want to get a paint job. So the reason for my post was that may be a few SKY daily drivers want to try to get a group purchase price to have parts of the car professionally repainted! is the paint just weak from the factory?

compdoc777 06-22-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSRL (Post 441100)
My 08 Sky is my daily driver, and anyone that lives in NJ knows how the roads are and such. My car is to the point where I need to have it repainted. ( hood and front bumper) yea bad enough to want to get a paint job. So the reason for my post was that may be a few SKY daily drivers want to try to get a group purchase price to have parts of the car professionally repainted! is the paint just weak from the factory?

You must be young single with no kids OR old and already did that and you are back to the same.

Yes the paint is quality of such that a blind third grader with water paint could do a better job!

Mine came with sand marks and spots where you can see primer under the the metalic. The dealer did repaint a few areas, but left others.

Trust me take a class in painting then do it yourself it will probably come out better than factory. LOL! :cheers:

Oh, also I don't think painters do group buys. Unless you want to petition the dealer to have all our cars repainted and that could be an cool idea!

SteveSky67 06-22-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSRL (Post 441100)

SSRL, I know how you feel.NJ Roads suck and we pay for those roads and they are still a mess... I never take my Sky on the Turnpike North of Woodbrige, I take the Parkway north, less crap on the road...I have a few chips on the bumper and a few small chips on the hood:banghead::banghead::mad:, I'm not happy about it, I'm willing to pay no matter what to make it near perfect again:willy::rolleyes:

compdoc777 06-22-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveSky67 (Post 441126)
SSRL, I know how you feel.NJ Roads suck and we pay for those roads and they are still a mess... I never take my Sky on the Turnpike North of Woodbrige, I take the Parkway north, less crap on the road...I have a few chips on the bumper and a few small chips on the hood:banghead::banghead::mad:, I'm not happy about it, I'm willing to pay no matter what to make it near perfect again:willy::rolleyes:

Might pay to get that clear bra 3M plastic material to cover the bumper or just buy a spare and get it painted then only put it on at shows.

I am wandering about that magic pen that Billy Mays is selling. I might get that and try it.

SteveSky67 06-22-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compdoc777 (Post 441135)
Might pay to get that clear bra 3M plastic material to cover the bumper or just buy a spare and get it painted then only put it on at shows.

I am wandering about that magic pen that Billy Mays is selling. I might get that and try it.

Well, I an getting the 3M Clear Bra on the sides of the car before I get the Foose Nitrious Rims put on, but might just get one all around or the fron......A Member from Florida sent me some touch up paint I might use for some areas of the car...:thumbs: