Daily Driver - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
SSRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: North NJ
Posts: 465
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Daily Driver

My 08 Sky is my daily driver, and anyone that lives in NJ knows how the roads are and such. My car is to the point where I need to have it repainted. ( hood and front bumper) yea bad enough to want to get a paint job. So the reason for my post was that may be a few SKY daily drivers want to try to get a group purchase price to have parts of the car professionally repainted! is the paint just weak from the factory?

Do or don't do, There is no try.
SSRL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
 
compdoc777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 1,584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to compdoc777 Send a message via Yahoo to compdoc777
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRL View Post
My 08 Sky is my daily driver, and anyone that lives in NJ knows how the roads are and such. My car is to the point where I need to have it repainted. ( hood and front bumper) yea bad enough to want to get a paint job. So the reason for my post was that may be a few SKY daily drivers want to try to get a group purchase price to have parts of the car professionally repainted! is the paint just weak from the factory?

You must be young single with no kids OR old and already did that and you are back to the same.

Yes the paint is quality of such that a blind third grader with water paint could do a better job!

Mine came with sand marks and spots where you can see primer under the the metalic. The dealer did repaint a few areas, but left others.

Trust me take a class in painting then do it yourself it will probably come out better than factory. LOL!

Oh, also I don't think painters do group buys. Unless you want to petition the dealer to have all our cars repainted and that could be an cool idea!

07 SKY Redline Silver
  • Red/Black Leather
  • JPM Custom: Dash, Side panels, Shift boot, Center console Red leather
  • Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • 3" Magnaflow Quad Exhaust
  • DDM BBK (RED)

Last edited by compdoc777; 06-22-2009 at 05:09 PM.
compdoc777 is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 05:13 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member
 
SteveSky67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 6,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRL View Post
My 08 Sky is my daily driver, and anyone that lives in NJ knows how the roads are and such. My car is to the point where I need to have it repainted. ( hood and front bumper) yea bad enough to want to get a paint job. So the reason for my post was that may be a few SKY daily drivers want to try to get a group purchase price to have parts of the car professionally repainted! is the paint just weak from the factory?
SSRL, I know how you feel.NJ Roads suck and we pay for those roads and they are still a mess... I never take my Sky on the Turnpike North of Woodbrige, I take the Parkway north, less crap on the road...I have a few chips on the bumper and a few small chips on the hood, I'm not happy about it, I'm willing to pay no matter what to make it near perfect again

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner


Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
SteveSky67 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Senior Member
 
compdoc777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 1,584
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to compdoc777 Send a message via Yahoo to compdoc777
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSky67 View Post
SSRL, I know how you feel.NJ Roads suck and we pay for those roads and they are still a mess... I never take my Sky on the Turnpike North of Woodbrige, I take the Parkway north, less crap on the road...I have a few chips on the bumper and a few small chips on the hood, I'm not happy about it, I'm willing to pay no matter what to make it near perfect again
Might pay to get that clear bra 3M plastic material to cover the bumper or just buy a spare and get it painted then only put it on at shows.

I am wandering about that magic pen that Billy Mays is selling. I might get that and try it.

07 SKY Redline Silver
  • Red/Black Leather
  • JPM Custom: Dash, Side panels, Shift boot, Center console Red leather
  • Dejon IC pipes
  • Hahn IC
  • 3" Magnaflow Quad Exhaust
  • DDM BBK (RED)
compdoc777 is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member
 
SteveSky67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 6,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
Quote:
Originally Posted by compdoc777 View Post
Might pay to get that clear bra 3M plastic material to cover the bumper or just buy a spare and get it painted then only put it on at shows.

I am wandering about that magic pen that Billy Mays is selling. I might get that and try it.
Well, I an getting the 3M Clear Bra on the sides of the car before I get the Foose Nitrious Rims put on, but might just get one all around or the fron......A Member from Florida sent me some touch up paint I might use for some areas of the car...

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner


Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
SteveSky67 is offline  
Reply

  Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome