Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   Free Used Tires (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/free-used-tires-32345/)

marlboromike 08-04-2009 02:51 PM

Free Used Tires

I have 3 base tires with about 15 thousand plus miles left on the tred...OEM so it fits your car...just pick them up...they r located in Marlboro, NJ...if u want all 3, they r yours...those that wanted them never came over...so they r up for grabs...first come first grabs...they r in good used condition...no flats. Good for having a spare when needed or ready to run.

kennysabarese 08-05-2009 08:06 AM

Base as in the tires that came on the 2.4 car? Which type are those?

marlboromike 08-05-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennysabarese (Post 450267)
Base as in the tires that came on the 2.4 car? Which type are those?

Yes ken...they r from the 2.4. I know u have the R/L but if u need a spare tire to keep in your garage for the JUST IN CASE scenerio...it works well...or u can use them on your R/L...there is really no difference if u r doing street driving...u can have them all if u wish...just have to make room in the garage. Just come on down route 18 South and u r here. Of course, do not bring the SKY unless u want only one...then u can put it in your front seat area. The tires r in real good condition.

SkyVue2 08-05-2009 10:11 AM

So, do those 3 Goodyear RS-A's have 2" whitewalls?

kennysabarese 08-05-2009 10:21 AM

Are the RS-A's better in the cold weather than the stock GXP tires? Maybe I'll use them as snowtires :)

SkyVue2 08-05-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennysabarese (Post 450289)
Are the RS-A's better in the cold weather than the stock GXP tires?

In a word... NO.

But they would make a nice old timey swingset for the kids.

kennysabarese 08-05-2009 10:29 AM

That's suprising since the RS2's are meant to be summer only tires

marlboromike 08-05-2009 11:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyVue2 (Post 450285)
So, do those 3 Goodyear RS-A's have 2" whitewalls?

that is funny...u know i would never get rid of them if they did...

MidniteBlues 08-05-2009 11:50 AM

What happened to that 4th tire???:huh:

SkyBaby 08-05-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlboromike (Post 450097)
I have 3 base tires with about 15 thousand plus miles left on the tred...OEM so it fits your car...just pick them up...they r located in Marlboro, NJ...if u want all 3, they r yours...those that wanted them never came over...so they r up for grabs...first come first grabs...they r in good used condition...no flats. Good for having a spare when needed or ready to run.

Free? MM.... I would have never thought you would just let something go.. LOLOL.. jk.... SkyBaby

marlboromike 08-05-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidniteBlues (Post 450306)
What happened to that 4th tire???:huh:

I have that as a spare...for the just in case I need one Frank...i can change the tire and get the flat fixed or if i need to buy a new tire. I have a spare rim.

dengel 08-05-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennysabarese (Post 450289)
Are the RS-A's better in the cold weather than the stock GXP tires? Maybe I'll use them as snowtires :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyVue2 (Post 450290)
In a word... NO.

But they would make a nice old timey swingset for the kids.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kennysabarese (Post 450292)
That's suprising since the RS2's are meant to be summer only tires

They are rated to be better in the cold weather than the GXP tires. I guess it is personal opinion on whether or not they are.

MY personal opinion (since I've owned both an N/A Sol and a GXP through two winters each) is that the N/A tires will have better cold TEMPERATURE performance than the GXP summer only tires, as the summer only tires get really hard and slip a lot when the temp drops too low.

I wouldn't necessarily rate them any better for snow performance, though.

kennysabarese 08-05-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dengel (Post 450360)
They are rated to be better in the cold weather than the GXP tires. I guess it is personal opinion on whether or not they are.

MY personal opinion (since I've owned both an N/A Sol and a GXP through two winters each) is that the N/A tires will have better cold TEMPERATURE performance than the GXP summer only tires, as the summer only tires get really hard and slip a lot when the temp drops too low.

I wouldn't necessarily rate them any better for snow performance, though.

This is what i'm thinking. i don't care about snow cuz i don't commute to work. but if they are fine in the cold on dry pavement i will use them in winter

marlboromike 08-05-2009 04:49 PM

One tire is gone...2 to go...either call or PM me when u will pick them up...SUCH A DEAL! If i was able to get tires for free, I would be there ASAP. These really have lots of tred on them...remember, I don't race them...all have highway miles.

Darlene wants garage space...

RedSkyMan 08-05-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyBaby (Post 450332)
Free? MM.... I would have never thought you would just let something go.. LOLOL.. jk.... SkyBaby

If they're like the Goodyear tires that came with my Sky, who would buy them. They suck. :lol: