Great place in Perryville, MD - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great place in Perryville, MD

Hey All,
If you are ever in the North East corner, make a stop in Perryville at the Grist Mill Tavern...Jeff and I went "Skying" today and had lunch there...what a charming place, awesome food, and great prices!!!
Here is the website if you want to check out the menu: gristmilltavern.com
Jeff had fish and chips with a tartar sauce that will knock your socks off...don't know what they put in it but it was really great and I had a turkey sandwich (fresh not deli) with carmalized onions, blackened tomato, provolone with a spicy mayo...YUM!!!!
Can't wait to go again!!!!

'09 Evening Blue 2.4/Auto/Premium Trim Pkg/Chrome Wheels/DDM Street Backbone/3rd Brake Light Decal/R/L Exhaust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 06:22 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
Quote:
Originally Posted by XSKYTED View Post
Hey All,
If you are ever in the North East corner, make a stop in Perryville at the Grist Mill Tavern...Jeff and I went "Skying" today and had lunch there...what a charming place, awesome food, and great prices!!!
Here is the website if you want to check out the menu: gristmilltavern.com
Jeff had fish and chips with a tartar sauce that will knock your socks off...don't know what they put in it but it was really great and I had a turkey sandwich (fresh not deli) with carmalized onions, blackened tomato, provolone with a spicy mayo...YUM!!!!
Can't wait to go again!!!!

Sounds like a nice place..maybe I will have to plan a masscc luncheon someday....and I'm sure there are nice places to have a short run...I will check out the website when I get home....

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 10:26 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
I took a look at the Menu when I got home, they have some really delicious stuff...can't wait to try it!

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 11:59 PM

maybe i'm lazy, but Karen about how far is it from Bel Air? I'm not familiar with Perryville

2008 Kawasaki Ultra 250x
- Supercharged 1,498 CC
- 0 to 30 in 1.8sec
2004 Saleen S281 S/C
- Supercharged 281ci
- 1 of 101 S/C Coupes in 2004
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParrotHeadNation View Post
maybe i'm lazy, but Karen about how far is it from Bel Air? I'm not familiar with Perryville
Hey Bart,
Route 40 East cross over the Hatem Bridge in Havre de Grace (pay the $5 and get a one year sticker or it's $5 every time you cross) and Perryville is just after the bridge...hang a right at the first light, follow that road to the end and the Grist Mill is to the left at the intersection at the end of the road.
It was a really neat place...we can't wait to go back!!!!

Oh, it's about 25-30 minutes from Bel Air.

'09 Evening Blue 2.4/Auto/Premium Trim Pkg/Chrome Wheels/DDM Street Backbone/3rd Brake Light Decal/R/L Exhaust
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Went back to Grist Mill Tavern today...crab "stew" was excellent, also had rockfish fish taco's....can y'all say YUM!!! Oh, and the BEST guacamole (sp?) I have ever eaten....OMG....so good!!!!!!!!
If ever in Perryville MD, do yourself a favor and stop in!!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I was watching "wedding crashers" last night and there was a line ... "crabcakes and football..that's what Maryland is all about"..thought about you guys...I remember you two talking about crabbing ...

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSky67 View Post
I was watching "wedding crashers" last night and there was a line ... "crabcakes and football..that's what Maryland is all about"..thought about you guys...I remember you two talking about crabbing ...
Yep, we do...lots of fun and the crabs are GREAT!! As for football, both boys played in high school and our younger played for college...miss football, wrestling, baseball, track days!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Yep, we do...lots of fun and the crabs are GREAT!! As for football, both boys played in high school and our younger played for college...miss football, wrestling, baseball, track days!
I think I have to have some crab cakes next time I am in Mary Land.....When we went to the DC Meet, we stopped at the second rest area, and they had all these crab souvenirs, Never knew it was a big deal in Maryland, you and Jeff are the first people I know from Maryland...

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Maryland is crabs and beer!!! And like I said...when you bring them in fresh they are outstanding!!!! Jeff does an awesome job steaming them too!!! Can't wait till they start running down this end!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Maryland is crabs and beer!!! And like I said...when you bring them in fresh they are outstanding!!!! Jeff does an awesome job steaming them too!!! Can't wait till they start running down this end!
I have only had Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab Meat...I used to go crabbing in the Hudson...many..many..many years ago...My dad had a friend who had a "shack on the water"... And I think I went crabbing with my grandfather once on the Hudson A long time ago....

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in