Maryland/DC/NoVa Roll Call - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ah! This could be interesting and fun! I'm sure to join in.

SILVER GRAPHITE RED LINE
Custom 55W 4300k HID SYSTEM w/DRL
MAGNAFLOW 3" CAT-BACK EXHAUST
KAPPASHPERE CAI
SPEEDTUNING USA Stage 2 Tune
CUSTOM INTERIOR
BLACKCAT CUSTOM GAUGES
CUSTOM TAIL LIGHTS
post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Tarantula Sky
I will be in Philadelphia this Saturday 2/7/09 for The International Auto Show and then I might stay there overnight or head to Baltimore.

07 Auto Blue GM Tune
XIX 20s/Slotted Rotors
Fujita CAI & IC Pipes/Magnaflow Quad Tips
KW DNX8120/VerticalDoors/
WR /Sequential/Pulsing 3rd BL/SmokeLights
post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 11:54 AM

I'm in Rockville, MD

Will PM with email.
Thanks!

Pretty basic set-up:
Monsoon stereo/ 6-disk CD
Spoiler
Splash Guards
Personal Audio Link for iPod

Came home Jan 2, 2008
post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 08:47 PM

Reporting in...

House is in Fairfax, VA but sometimes you can find us with our Sky in Shenandoah Valley working out at the barn (Toms Brook).

R1chy

----RedLine----
Chili Pepper Red : Tan Top/Leather
Auto Trans
MP3 Monsoon Stereo
VIN - 10294
8 SEP 2006 - In the drivers seat with a ...
“Permanent Big Grin” : Confessions of a Sky owner
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 01:44 PM

New member in Maryland

Hi, I'm a new member. I live in Mount Airy, MD, and have had my Sky for 2 months now.

2009 Saturn SKY RedLine - Ruby Red
Black Leather | Chrome Rims | Rear Spoiler | 5 Speed
1972 Triumph Spitfire - British Racing Green
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonL View Post
Hi, I'm a new member. I live in Mount Airy, MD, and have had my Sky for 2 months now.
Welcome from Bel Air Maryland!!! Congrats on your awesome new ride...our Sky is now 5 months old!!!!!

'09 Evening Blue 2.4/Auto/Premium Trim Pkg/Chrome Wheels/DDM Street Backbone/3rd Brake Light Decal/R/L Exhaust
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:01 PM

My wife and I are interested. We live in Fayetteville, PA.

2008 Sky Redline, Polar White, black top, red/black leather, automatic.
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 12:53 PM

I'm in Pasadena, MD.

2009 Sky RL, Silver Pearl
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 07:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to spgoat
My wife and I are from central CA and are driving our Sky Redline to the meet at Mytle Beach and then going to DC for a visit. I am looking for suggestion on where to stay and
what tours to take. I was 10 the last time I was there and that was over 50 years ago. Don't remember much of that visit must be the old timers I would also like to meet up with or join any events that may be going on in the area at the time.

Loving Life, Driving a Sky and Retired
Jack & Charli

2007 Silver Redline with GMR Tune, Big Bore Throttle body,
CAI, Cat Back System, Hid Low Beams and Fog Lights,
Ram Air Hood, RK Ground Effects Kit.
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgoat View Post
My wife and I are from central CA and are driving our Sky Redline to the meet at Mytle Beach and then going to DC for a visit. I am looking for suggestion on where to stay and
what tours to take. I was 10 the last time I was there and that was over 50 years ago. Don't remember much of that visit must be the old timers I would also like to meet up with or join any events that may be going on in the area at the time.
Wow...that's quite a drive! Drive safely and hopefully we can meet in Myrtle Beach!!! Evening Blue Sky...Maryland tags: XSKYTED

'09 Evening Blue 2.4/Auto/Premium Trim Pkg/Chrome Wheels/DDM Street Backbone/3rd Brake Light Decal/R/L Exhaust
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-21-2009, 10:05 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
Quote:
I'm sure there is a lot to do in D.C. I have not been there since 1999 and I stayed outside of D.C and took the metro in and around the city......hope to see you in Myrtle Beach, I will be in the Blue Stone with the Star Wars plates....bring some of the California sunshine with you..

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 09:46 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to SteveSky67 Send a message via MSN to SteveSky67 Send a message via Yahoo to SteveSky67
I know this thread is in the same Northeast Section, but If anybody wants to get together for a Luncheon here is the thread I started...

https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f3...b-shack-29549/

"Jessica" '08 Redline
Bluestone
Automatic
08/10/07 Order Date
09/11/07 Picked Up
04/03/09 PAID IN FULL
04/18/09 TITLE IN HAND
20 Time Trophy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedred View Post
I've taken a rear-ending or two in my day, but I've never been slammed like that! :eek:
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-22-2009, 07:25 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Keep an eye out for the DC Duck Tours. They attacked Mother's Miata with a WWII amphibious vehicle! As long as they don't run over your car, it's supposedly a great way to see the district. If you can get 10 or more people together, the White House is doing tours again. You'd need to plan ahead since your Congressman would need to arrange it. Info is here: Tours & Events

Must See Museums: Spy Museum (~$10), Newseum (~$20). Mom says people always rave about each of them and they're really worth paying for in a town full of free museums. There are also a plethora of Smithsonians (Air & Space is most popular, American Indian's Cafe is a must for lunch), the National Gallery, and an excellent Jazz Club at the Kennedy Center.

Restaurants: DC Coast- seafood; Acadiana- cajun; Jaleo- tapas; Rasika- Indian (with heavenly crispy spinach); Cafe Atlantico- Latin American (wonderful mojitos); Ceiba- Latin American (Pisco Sours to die for); Clyde's- basic American, moderate price with a great raw bar.

Make sure your hotel is Metro convenient, as you will want to take your car to some places, but will find that it will limit your activities in many others. The city is theoretically easy to navigate, but that's really a big old lie. Looking at directions, always be careful to know what quadrant you're in or going to. Your best bet would be to stay in NW, but certainly not in SE. In fact, don't go into Southeast Washington DC at all. You'll find a variety of hotels in NW to suit any budget.

(Can you tell Mom called while I was typing this? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinKY View Post
First, you shouldn't discount the utility of the jelly, but the KY in my name represents Kentucky, which is where I live.
Are you an organ donor?
post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 01:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to spgoat
Thanks for the info. We found a hotel in Landover Hills MD seemd to OK. Fit our budget. I definitely want to visit the Smithsonian and other places I did contact our congressman about a month ago and filled out the security check. Have not heard back yet but still have time. I want to go to the Wall and pay my respects I was in Vietnam 1966 though 1968. The eateries sound excellent.
Hope to see you at Myrtle Beach.

Loving Life, Driving a Sky and Retired
Jack & Charli

2007 Silver Redline with GMR Tune, Big Bore Throttle body,
CAI, Cat Back System, Hid Low Beams and Fog Lights,
Ram Air Hood, RK Ground Effects Kit.
post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 08:14 AM

Stay

Quote:
Thanks for the info. We found a hotel in Landover Hills MD seemd to OK. Fit our budget. I definitely want to visit the Smithsonian and other places I did contact our congressman about a month ago and filled out the security check. Have not heard back yet but still have time. I want to go to the Wall and pay my respects I was in Vietnam 1966 though 1968. The eateries sound excellent.
Hope to see you at Myrtle Beach.
Jack, I would rethink staying in Landover,MD That is in Prince George County, which has the highest crime rate of any county in the state. I used to live in Montgomery County which is next to it, 30 years ago and it was bad then.I would check-out the VA side and take the Metro-say Dale City, Woodbridge or Fredericksburg. Maybe Montgomery County Bethesda, Rockville or Gaithersburg they all have the Metro. I could be wrong about Prince George, but I don't think so.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in