Saturn Sky Forum banner

MASSC MOVIE:Fast and Furious 4/5/09

32K views 208 replies 21 participants last post by  SteveSky67 
#1 · (Edited)
Last year some of the members got together for a Drive-In Double Feature, and since there is a new film coming out with a Solstice and also features the Wind Restrictor....

Sunday, April 5th 2009
AMC Loews - New Brunswick, NJ
Time: TBD - Early Show - Brunch After

Movie First/Kappa "Car Show" in Parking Lot:willy:

Come One...Come All

Please post to this thread, If attending.

#3 ·
Hey, I hope we all can do it at the drive- in instead of the indoor theater, I think that would be more fun and I mean watch the movie, :D...ahhh... Dust on the Sky.... :D

#6 ·
Your right, it will be a little chilly,but that is what blankets are for:D, but no matter at the drive-in or theater it should be a good movie....it does feature most of the original cast.:thumbs:

#8 ·
#9 ·
Drive-In Pictures

Heare are some photos taken:

Attachments

#11 ·
So, I was thinking instead of the Drive-IN....how about seeing it in a regular movie theater....say in Woodbridge, NJ:confused:....say on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon?..then a lunch/early dinner? Anybody?

#13 ·
well, I checked the theaters in Woodbride and the only one that they have is in the Menlo Park Mall, so this might have to be moved to Union, there is a Lowes or it might be called AMC now with a huge parking lot and plenty of restaurants on Rt.22 and I'm sure I can come up with something to do afterwords...

#15 ·
I have never been there...but I'm sure that can be an option too, the movie is still a month and half away..:thumbs:

#17 ·
#19 ·
Should we see it on Saturday, April 4th or Sunday Afternoon April 5th???
I will try to shoot for Saturday afternoon, will check the calender at work when I go in tomorrow...:thumbs:

#21 ·
Yeah, I forgot about that, I guess even in these tough economic times, Rt.22 is still a mess...I remember meeting my +1 there once and as soon as I got off the parkway..bumper to bumper mess..... I will check the place in New Brunswick one of these days...:thumbs:

#22 ·
Places to Eat...

I'm sure there are plenty of places to eat and drink....so i will check that as well...:)

#23 ·
#25 ·
I go to the New Brunswick theater all the time. it has a huge parking lot and the theater is very nice, stadium seating etc. It is very close to the TP exit and right on Rt1 headed south (you have to do a U turn if you are heading RT1 north as there is no entrance from that side of the road.) There is a famous Daves BBQ place in the theater parking complex, there is also an On the boarder within 2 miles. White Rose systems (best diner type burgers around (think full size white castle burgers without the nasty stomach after effects!!) about a mile away as well. The site used to be used for the Rt 1 Flea Market back in the day so there is plenty of parking and meet up space available.

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this location.

#26 ·
(think full size white castle burgers without the nasty stomach after effects!!)
NONSENSE; never met a white castle I didn't like - young whippersnappers don't know what good munchie food is :cheers:

#30 ·
I remember the day when i used to visit my grandmother in North Bergen, NJ, going to White Castle was a treat for my sister and I, that was the only one I knew of and they had no facilities to eat in, you had to either eat them in your car or take them home, they even had a pay toilet, I think it was 5 Cents...they finally caught up to the the 20th Century years later and it is still there to this day...Since I don't eat meat anymore, i have no:nono: reason to go there...:thumbs:

#36 ·
- Tuned Official Fast and Furious Movie Release Party & Car Show!

Hello to all!

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Robert and I am the CEO of Tuned.com Inc. - We are currently in the process of organizing a large scale event for all of you to attend for the Fast and Furious opening weekend. We are working with Universal Pictures and AMC Theatres to launch this event in 3 cities across the country AT THE SAME TIME!

The 3 major cities across the country: New Brunswick, NJ.. Chicago, IL.. and Woodland Hills, CA!

We have a TON of sponsors on board that have chipped in to give you guys some amazing stuff! We're giving away Turbos, Intercoolers, Rims, and SO MUCH MORE! Cruises and hotels are already being organized by multiple others forums. If you guys would like group parking then please forward an email to our Event Staff, so it can be arranged.. Events@Tuned.com

Friday (april 3rd) is going to be a massive GTG and Party to support to opening night for the movie! We will have FREE MOVIE TICKETS for the film as well as a bunch of other things to give away. Registration will also be open for the show on Saturday. Fridays hours are from 4pm - 12am! - The party will probably go later though.

Saturday (april 4th) is the car show! - Bring everything you got! - You will need it! We have the best of the best coming out to this event! Dustin Worles from Mischief.TV is coming and will be filming on location for this event! We have a 50 HAND-PICKED custom showcase that will be on display. We have companies and shops that are coming and setting up booth to show product too! There is over 40 classes and plenty of really nice awards for you guys. Saturdays hours are from 2pm - 12am.. Roll-IN starts at 11am and goes until 2pm. Trophies will be at 9pm! Giveaways will be all day!

There will be magazine coverage by: Rides, 0-60 Magazine, Performance Auto & Sound Magazine (PASMAG), and ImportTuner.. So make sure those wheels are looking nice!

You can also go directly there by simply going to: TunedEvents.com

If you have any local shops or companies that would like to sponsor this event please send inquiries to Events@Tuned.com.

Thanks you guys for everything!

MODERATORS - We have coupon codes setup and are working with many other forums to throw this event, if you are willing to set something up so your members can get $5 off registration, then let us know.

#47 ·
- Tuned Official Fast and Furious Movie Release Party & Car Show!

Hello to all!

I would like to introduce myself, my name is Robert and I am the CEO of Tuned.com Inc. - We are currently in the process of organizing a large scale event for all of you to attend for the Fast and Furious opening weekend. We are working with Universal Pictures and AMC Theatres to launch this event in 3 cities across the country AT THE SAME TIME!
The 3 major cities across the country: New Brunswick, NJ.. Chicago, IL.. and Woodland Hills, CA!
We have a TON of sponsors on board that have chipped in to give you guys some amazing stuff! We're giving away Turbos, Intercoolers, Rims, and SO MUCH MORE! Cruises and hotels are already being organized by multiple others forums. If you guys would like group parking then please forward an email to our Event Staff, so it can be arranged.. Events@Tuned.com
Friday (april 3rd) is going to be a massive GTG and Party to support to opening night for the movie! We will have FREE MOVIE TICKETS for the film as well as a bunch of other things to give away. Registration will also be open for the show on Saturday. Fridays hours are from 4pm - 12am! - The party will probably go later though.
Saturday (april 4th) is the car show! - Bring everything you got! - You will need it! We have the best of the best coming out to this event! Dustin Worles from Mischief.TV is coming and will be filming on location for this event! We have a 50 HAND-PICKED custom showcase that will be on display. We have companies and shops that are coming and setting up booth to show product too! There is over 40 classes and plenty of really nice awards for you guys. Saturdays hours are from 2pm - 12am.. Roll-IN starts at 11am and goes until 2pm. Trophies will be at 9pm! Giveaways will be all day!
There will be magazine coverage by: Rides, 0-60 Magazine, Performance Auto & Sound Magazine (PASMAG), and ImportTuner.. So make sure those wheels are looking nice!
You can also go directly there by simply going to: TunedEvents.com
If you have any local shops or companies that would like to sponsor this event please send inquiries to Events@Tuned.com.
Thanks you guys for everything!
MODERATORS - We have coupon codes setup and are working with many other forums to throw this event, if you are willing to set something up so your members can get $5 off registration, then let us know.
Sorry, Guys - You know I can't resist being in a car show.

I just signed up to be in the Car Show in which my car has to be there by 2pm until the awards @ 9 pm

Can someone give me a ride to the Movies?:willy:

or can we go Friday evening or Sunday:cool:

#37 ·
OK, so we have 4 weeks to this meet....

1)Saturday, April 4th Dinner first and then movie

2)Sunday, April 5th Movie and then a mid-day lunch

So far;

SteveSky67
Tammy-NJ
RainbowintheSky

The theater is in New Brunswick, New Jersey

#38 ·
So, I get a PM from a new member and he is part of a forum called NJTuners.com and he wants to do something with this meet as far as "Fast and Furious" movie release...According to another website they are having a Fast and Furious Movie Release party and Car show....on Saturday April 3rd, I don't know any details, but he also said they are giving stuff away,I will find out more info...:skep:

#39 ·
Check it out here:
Tuned.com!| Fast and Furious

Apparrently they are going to have a huge car show and "party" on opening night so the New Brunswick theater is going to be a mad house.

#40 ·
Yeah, that the link I got...and I'm sure there are going to be a lot of "ricers', but we are not going opening night....are you coming or are you on call that weekend?

#41 · (Edited)
Hey guys I am actually running the Fast and Furious event you are talking about over at AMC Loews. If you guys would like I would be more than happy to organize some space for you on opening night for the GTG, if that would make things easier.

Also for Saturday I can extend a coupon code strictly for this forum if someone would like to take the reigns and arrange some of you to come out.

As for the lots of ricers being there, well I will let that comment stand to be seen, I am devoting a lot of my time on pulling some unusual cars though and I hope I can be successful for you all. We will have a 50 car hand selected showcase...we king of thought ahead ;)

Also I think last I checked Saturn's can use Turbos so I think it might be worth checking out ;)

I can be contacted at rjames@tuned.com

#42 ·
Steve, if you look at the details for the event, it is a two day event, with a party on Friday night, April 3rd, and a car show all day Saturday, April 4th. The car show event runs from 2:00pm until midnight on Saturday.

So you may want to make an executive decision and just plan your event for Sunday the 5th to avoid the madness.

#44 ·
Diane, oh yeah....It is going to be the 5th for sure....AS much as I would like to particpate in the Car Show, I think I would have to make this event on the Sunday, so are you coming out.....??:confused:

#45 ·
Hey, Ernesto (did I get that right?) No it is not going to be that day....Sunday and as early as I can make it and If I do the car show, that will be on my own....:thumbs:

#52 ·
Last year some of the members got together for a Drive-In Double Feature, and since there is a new film coming out with a Solstice and also features the Wind Restrictor....

Sunday, April 5th 2009

Come One...Come All

#53 ·
Sunday, April 5th 2009

Come One...Come All

Count Me in -

Tamay48 plus 1:thumbs:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.