Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/)
-   Northeast (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   May 19th Plant Tour Details (https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/may-19th-plant-tour-details-11748/)

JustMike 02-03-2007 07:44 AM

May 19th Plant Tour Details

OK so consider this a place holder where the details about the tour will be posted ... I'm such a tease aren't I .... :lol:

wt2ga 02-03-2007 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustMike (Post 158488)
I'm such a tease aren't I .... :lol:

. . http://www.harrahs.com/images/shared...er_300x225.jpg
. . Where the appropriate graphic will be posted

marlboromike 02-03-2007 07:57 AM

I am definitely in....hold my place....I want a souvenoir...first 1000 pens :lol:

Bill...don't show me a quiver!!

Ahnuld 02-03-2007 09:11 AM

I'm only 40 miles from the plant and visited several times (on the outside)
Would love to visit the plant!!

GM could really turn this into a marketing thing... we all drive down with our Sky's and then get to see the plant... has to be an consumer interest story in there somewhere? At least for the delaware papers

Rick Tinley Park 02-03-2007 10:02 AM

As a long distance to be ther driver - I am anxiously awaiting info....

reedred 02-03-2007 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ahnuld (Post 158509)
I'm only 40 miles from the plant and visited several times (on the outside)

On my way down to VA Beach in September, I suddenly decided to go do just that. I found out Wilmington is a lot bigger than I'd ever thought. Once I finally found it, I just parked outside the gate for about an hour and watched the new Kappas come out the door. There were a few people outside who seemed to just move them around all day. One of them was near the fence, so I asked him, "Do they pay you for this?" He got a big grin on his face and said "Yup!" I'm really psyched for this opportunity to meet the people who have brought us so much joy.

SkyHi07 02-03-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Tinley Park (Post 158517)
As a long distance to be ther driver - I am anxiously awaiting info....

I'm in too. Rick,, I think there will be several Illinois Kappa making the trip.

Bill Solt 02-03-2007 01:13 PM

plant tour

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in. May is good for me. 3 weeks with the car in the garage. Have to start it up soon and take it around the block to round the tires.

ozyman222 02-03-2007 06:49 PM

Can't Wait!

Can't Wait!! Can't wait!!, etc.

JustMike 02-03-2007 07:15 PM

OK so here is the deal ... looks like we are pretty close to pulling this off :) If we do the date will be the 19th. That is scheduled as of now to be a production Saturday so should production need to be cancelled that day for any number of reasons, supplier difficulties is an example then we could have the tour cancelled. Everyone will have to register and sign a non-disclosure/liability release. more of those details later. (May need a mod to help post an attachment or two in a couple of days.)

Also the reason for closing the other thread is that we will have to cap attendance at no more then 100 cars due to parking logistics.

So those who need to make vacation/travel arrangements go ahead and make them for the 19th knowing that there is some element of risk involved here. More details as I work through the process and lets all try to make this the first of many such events by being ever so gracious guests. Thanks for your support and patience!

Mike

reedred 02-03-2007 07:23 PM

Mike, are there any tentative times we can go by? For those of us not in the immediate area but not too far away, it would be helpful to know what we're looking at logistically. People may also want to plan other things around this too, especially the folks coming in from the Midwest.

JustMike 02-03-2007 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some safety rules that will be in force for the plant tour ... please read and I'm sure that they will make it into the registration form :)

chilipepperred777 02-03-2007 08:50 PM

Im in!

Just a reminder that I want in too!

I grew up 10 miles from the plant and can't wait to see production!!

07BLUESTONE 02-03-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustMike (Post 158648)
OK so here is the deal ... looks like we are pretty close to pulling this off :) If we do the date will be the 19th. That is scheduled as of now to be a production Saturday so should production need to be cancelled that day for any number of reasons, supplier difficulties is an example then we could have the tour cancelled. Everyone will have to register and sign a non-disclosure/liability release. more of those details later. (May need a mod to help post an attachment or two in a couple of days.)

Also the reason for closing the other thread is that we will have to cap attendance at no more then 100 cars due to parking logistics.

So those who need to make vacation/travel arrangements go ahead and make them for the 19th knowing that there is some element of risk involved here. More details as I work through the process and lets all try to make this the first of many such events by being ever so gracious guests. Thanks for your support and patience!

Mike

Mike,
Thanks for making this happen, :thumbs: Do we need to give you our names again if we posted on the original thread?

Tom

JustMike 02-03-2007 09:02 PM

The list of 100 attendees ... and the list is closed for now

07BLUESTONE
2late4-1000
69T/A
Ahnuld
Alchris
Antonio
AverageJoe
birdliver
BlueSkyRL