Official Thank You Pontiac, Saturn, and UAW Plant Tour Thread - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Official Thank You Pontiac, Saturn, and UAW Plant Tour Thread

OK people here is the place to gush all over our gracious and generous host for the first ever Boxwood Road Mecca Tour ...

Tell them just how great it was
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Mike
Thanks for putting together a great day for the Kappa cars…. Everyone at the plant was top notch….. Great Cars, Great people!

Gino
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 07:04 PM

Official Thank You Pontiac, Saturn, and UAW Plant Tour Thread-mecca-tour.jpg

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! This was a great day. The tour was phenominal. Thanks to Mike and all of the Boxwood Plant Employees for a perfect day.

Also, it was very nice to meet so many of the people we chat with regularly.

Blue Sky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 07:13 PM

Official Thank You Pontiac, Saturn, and UAW Plant Tour Thread-img_1642.jpg

Over 100 Kappas in 1 place.
Again, THANK YOU ALL!!
Blue
Official Thank You Pontiac, Saturn, and UAW Plant Tour Thread-mecca-tour.jpg

Last edited by Blue Sky; 05-19-2007 at 07:28 PM.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 07:37 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I'll say thanks to all of the workers who waved and talked to us and the Mgmt./UAW who helped arrange our visit. I was impressed by the workers who had a moment to say how much they appreciated our visit and their pride in working on these cars.

Andrew

Forest Green
Snagged August 23, 2006
Spoiler
LSD
Manual
Black leather and top
Chrome wheels
6-disc Monsoon
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 09:41 PM

Had a great time. Thanks Guys!! I had no idea there was so much hands on in making these cars. Robots? What robots? They don't need no stinking robots!! Al the employees were great and i was just astounded by the personal detail that goes into making the cars. It makes me feel even more personal to own one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mypics 035.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	14531  
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:18 PM

Over in an instant, but memories for a life time…

I have been looking forward to this day for months and hardly contained my excitement long enough to get some sleep last night; I remember riding up in our small group of Sol’s and Sky’s to the plant; meeting the real people behind those witty forum names; chatting with GM and UAW management; exchanging waves and greetings with the guys and gals on the line; and then in an instant, it was over.

This day lived up to all of my expectations, if only it could have lasted longer.

A big thank you goes out to Mike and all those GM executives and UAW folks that made today possible. More importantly, I want to thank each and every Wilmington Assembly plant worker for making me feel welcome - from the time we turned into the parking lot and were greeted by a big grin, to the friendly guys at the gate, to the teams on the line.

With great performance and cool styling, it’s easy for me to love our Sky; but now that I know the people who made it, I’m also proud to own a GM car.

R1chy

----RedLine----
Chili Pepper Red : Tan Top/Leather
Auto Trans
MP3 Monsoon Stereo
VIN - 10294
8 SEP 2006 - In the drivers seat with a ...
“Permanent Big Grin” : Confessions of a Sky owner

Last edited by R1chy; 05-19-2007 at 11:19 PM.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:18 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to Catgirl
Couldn't have been more perfect!!! Thank you.

'07 -used to be- Midnight Blue SKY. New color to be revealed soon.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to darrylba
Oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb247 View Post
Had a great time. Thanks Guys!! I had no idea there was so much hands on in making these cars. Robots? What robots? They don't need no stinking robots!! Al the employees were great and i was just astounded by the personal detail that goes into making the cars. It makes me feel even more personal to own one.
I was equally impressed with the pride and joy those employees take in trying to build these cars as best they can. They are truely trying their best to build these cars as fast as they can without sacraficing quality. It was amazing watching strips of steel be come a frame, then a cockpit built and added to the frame with an engine, then all the other pieces together. I was astonished that the car is also literally glued together. To see literally many cars of all types (soltics, sky, opel, daewo) come off that assembly line and get a water bath for leaks was awesome. GM/UAW organization of this tour was just oustanding. There was a marketing guy in our group and he wrote down every concern we had. The tour guides answered every question. Again, i was amazed how close we were to the action. In some sections we were literaly right next to the unfinished cars. We even got welding sparks sent on us from the welders who were welding the start of the frames, it was so much fun to interact with those dedicated employees. The story on how the Sky came to be was a nice touch as well. I can't wait to see the book they provided us. I always wanted to see how a car was built, today I got to see this amazing process. Mike, i can't thank you enough for an amazing day, that I will always recall for a lifetime. Thank you very much.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 11:20 PM

Thank You!

Thanks To JustMike for putting this day together, Thanks to GM for providing us all with the chance of a lifetime to see the internals of our cars and to speak with the people responsible for their engineering, and Thanks to the UAW for putting together a fantastic, primarily hand built car in this age of automation!! It was great to have the guys in the parking lot, asking "You have anything you need us to take care of?" And they weren't kidding, they were tweeking and adjusting any fit problems right there on the spot, no matter how minor. They truly just wanted everyone to drive away happier then when they pulled in.
THANKS AGAIN !!

07Bluestone

Last edited by 07BLUESTONE; 05-20-2007 at 10:32 PM.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-19-2007, 11:43 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BLUESTONE View Post
Thanks To JustMike for putting this day together, Thanks to GM for providing us all with the chance of a lifetime to see the internals of our cars and to speak with the people responsible for their engineering, and Thanks to the UAW for putting together a fantastic, primarily hand built car in this age of automation!! It was great ot have the guys in the parking lot, asking "You have anything you need us to take care of?" And they weren't kidding, they were tweeking and adjusting any fit problems right there on the spot, no matter how minor. They truly just wanted everyone to drive away happier then when they pulled in.
THANKS AGAIN !!
Well said. I agree 100%. Only thing I would like to add is it was worth every second of the drive out and I will return home on the memories and friendships.

CS
Plate: CHGO SKY
See you in the Windy City.

Last edited by Chicago Skyline; 05-19-2007 at 11:46 PM. Reason: More information
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 12:03 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1chy View Post
I have been looking forward to this day for months and hardly contained my excitement long enough to get some sleep last night; I remember riding up in our small group of Sol’s and Sky’s to the plant; meeting the real people behind those witty forum names; chatting with GM and UAW management; exchanging waves and greetings with the guys and gals on the line; and then in an instant, it was over.

This day lived up to all of my expectations, if only it could have lasted longer.

A big thank you goes out to Mike and all those GM executives and UAW folks that made today possible. More importantly, I want to thank each and every Wilmington Assembly plant worker for making me feel welcome - from the time we turned into the parking lot and were greeted by a big grin, to the friendly guys at the gate, to the teams on the line.

With great performance and cool styling, it’s easy for me to love our Sky; but now that I know the people who made it, I’m also proud to own a GM car.

R1chy
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylba View Post
I was equally impressed with the pride and joy those employees take in trying to build these cars as best they can. They are truely trying their best to build these cars as fast as they can without sacraficing quality. It was amazing watching strips of steel be come a frame, then a cockpit built and added to the frame with an engine, then all the other pieces together. I was astonished that the car is also literally glued together. To see literally many cars of all types (soltics, sky, opel, daewo) come off that assembly line and get a water bath for leaks was awesome. GM/UAW organization of this tour was just oustanding. There was a marketing guy in our group and he wrote down every concern we had. The tour guides answered every question. Again, i was amazed how close we were to the action. In some sections we were literaly right next to the unfinished cars. We even got welding sparks sent on us from the welders who were welding the start of the frames, it was so much fun to interact with those dedicated employees. The story on how the Sky came to be was a nice touch as well. I can't wait to see the book they provided us. I always wanted to see how a car was built, today I got to see this amazing process. Mike, i can't thank you enough for an amazing day, that I will always recall for a lifetime. Thank you very much.
You BOTH said it perfectly, or at least better than I could have said it. It was a once in a lifetime experience. What THEY did for US, and what WE did for THEM was something you had to be there to experience. You just 'felt' it. Something you'll understand if you were there. Sooooo cool.

And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?
Homer Simpson
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 07:00 PM

Thank you!!!

I had an awesome time!!!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this day happen. A lot of work went into it and a lot of people had a one day weekend - working on their day off!!!

I loved the tangerine solstice & the $30,000 paint job.

It's great getting together with my Sky & Solstice friends!
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 07:52 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Wow!!!

What an incredible day...big thanks to Mike...and to eveyone at the plant...i was very impressed with the day's organization of activities...great to meet some of the faces behind the names here ...thanks GM for the swag bags...can't believe how much the human element goes into the building of our cars....really had a blast

Silver Graphite '07 : red interior, chrome rims, li'l chromies, chrome wipers, chrome domes, chrome antenna, chrome sack...

"...I'm not sick, but i'm not well...."

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul" C&H

RED SOX NATION
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 08:23 PM

Thanks to all, it was an absolutely great day. We would have been happy with just the tour, but GM went above and beyond for us.

Seeing the cars made and being able to talk one-on-one to the ladies and gentlemen who make them has made me love my car even more.

And I'm glad they also got to see how absolutely passionate we are about our cars. It's obvious they take pride in their work, now they can see the results -- PERMAGRINS.

Bluestone/Black REDLINE
Perma-grin since Jan 2007

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in