Sky Spotting -- So. Central PA - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sky Spotting -- So. Central PA

Spotted a Forest Green Sky at 1 pm westbound on US 30 near west of Gettysburg. I was in the parking lot at Caledonia Bistro and could not see if it was a Redline.

I'd like to meet other Sky owners in the Chamberburg-Gettysburg area.

C. Brian Greenawalt
2008 Polar White Redline
Red/Black Leather
Spoiler
Opel antenna
Pulsing Brake Light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to tgrlily24
I'm In Pa. in Bethlehem but we travel to Gettysburg a few times a month .. we are reenactors... here's my imsaturn site Tgrlily24's Page - ImSaturn

2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Rally Yellow
Black Heated Leather Seats
Automatic
"Bumble Bee"
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrlily24 View Post
I'm In Pa. in Bethlehem but we travel to Gettysburg a few times a month .. we are reenactors... here's my imsaturn site Tgrlily24's Page - ImSaturn
How do you manage 19th century clothing in the Sky? I would imagine it is a bit awkward trying to ride, let alone drive, wearing the full skirts and related pettycoats.

In April we attended a lecture about 19th century women's fashions given by a professor from Shippensburg. Even after she striped down to her undergarments, she still wore more yardage than my wife and I had on at the time.

Let us know when you will be in the area.

C. Brian Greenawalt
2008 Polar White Redline
Red/Black Leather
Spoiler
Opel antenna
Pulsing Brake Light
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to tgrlily24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBGreenawalt View Post
How do you manage 19th century clothing in the Sky? I would imagine it is a bit awkward trying to ride, let alone drive, wearing the full skirts and related pettycoats.

In April we attended a lecture about 19th century women's fashions given by a professor from Shippensburg. Even after she striped down to her undergarments, she still wore more yardage than my wife and I had on at the time.

Let us know when you will be in the area.
First of all, I don't wear a Dress.. " them days are over" it really sucked to were all that stuff to walk around and just try and look pretty...yuk.. I wear a uniform much more fun playing with the small guns, big guns and stuff.. I dress like a man I am a artillerist and dress as a man/boy.. try to hide my upper female parts is a trick in it self... I'm the one in the front with the red trim on my jacket... but I only take my Sky down if we are just going down for the day to drive around the battlefield or meet for a reenact meeting or if we need to go to the sutlers to by "Small stuff" .. yea next time we head down I will PM ya ....

Name:	cannon group.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	33591  

2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Rally Yellow
Black Heated Leather Seats
Automatic
"Bumble Bee"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 09:55 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I'm between Harrisburg and York. Adams County is one of my favorite local driving areas when I have a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday. Those hilly apple orchards are fun!

Lori

VIN 2262, Delivered 5/13/06
Custom Silver Pearl/Ruby Red, XPEL Clear Film, Enkei Wheels, Norm's Fenders & Side Skirts,
"BAD TO THE BONE" WR, DDMWorks Center Console, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, 35170 Quad Tips
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER ANNIV View Post
I'm between Harrisburg and York. Adams County is one of my favorite local driving areas when I have a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday. Those hilly apple orchards are fun!

Lori
I agree, especially in Spring when the orchards are in bloom! On Suday we drove PA233 and PA234 west of Gettysburg. Unfortunately, PennDOT recently put down fresh oil and chips on PA234....not pretty on Polar White. Have you ever driven PA 233 from Penn State Mont Alto north to I-81? Fun road!

C. Brian Greenawalt
2008 Polar White Redline
Red/Black Leather
Spoiler
Opel antenna
Pulsing Brake Light
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I've definitely been on 234, not sure about 233. I'll keep it in mind. I just roam and make turns whenever a road looks interesting. Rte. 30 is fun once you get past Breezewood. We like to stop for lunch or dinner at the Jean Bonnet Tavern, just past Bedford. Sometimes we grab the brochures at the tavern and do the covered bridge tour and go to Gravity Hill. (My husband thinks I'm goofy because I still think it's fun to do these after already having been there 4 or 5 times). And I usually want to pop into the Flight 93 Memorial to see the new items left by visitors. Then we keep going west and the run over the mountains is fun if there aren't any trucks in front of you. We turn around at either Ligonier or Greensburg.

Custom Silver Pearl/Ruby Red, XPEL Clear Film, Enkei Wheels, Norm's Fenders & Side Skirts,
"BAD TO THE BONE" WR, DDMWorks Center Console, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, 35170 Quad Tips
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER ANNIV View Post
I've definitely been on 234, not sure about 233. I'll keep it in mind. I just roam and make turns whenever a road looks interesting. Rte. 30 is fun once you get past Breezewood. We like to stop for lunch or dinner at the Jean Bonnet Tavern, just past Bedford. Sometimes we grab the brochures at the tavern and do the covered bridge tour and go to Gravity Hill. (My husband thinks I'm goofy because I still think it's fun to do these after already having been there 4 or 5 times). And I usually want to pop into the Flight 93 Memorial to see the new items left by visitors. Then we keep going west and the run over the mountains is fun if there aren't any trucks in front of you. We turn around at either Ligonier or Greensburg.
I was out that way a l-o-n-g time ago, but have not made that run since we have the Sky. PM me when you make that run again. If we aren't already committed, we'll join you.

C. Brian Greenawalt
2008 Polar White Redline
Red/Black Leather
Spoiler
Opel antenna
Pulsing Brake Light
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2009, 07:43 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Will keep you in mind. It's pretty much a full day of running around.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Northeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in