Florida - Gauging Interest for a Dyno Day - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Florida - Dyno Day July 25th!

UPDATE:
Date: July 25th
12pm
Eagle Performance Dyno
1763 Biltmore St
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34984

$50 for 3 Runs

A friend of mine owns a dyno shop in Port Saint Lucie, FL (on the Treasure Coast) and has recently expanded to start tuning LNF-powered cars. Id like to organize a dyno day in the coming months there, for all those interested.

The shop is located less than 2 hours from major cities like Orlando, Palm Beach, and Miami, and not much longer for other areas like Sarasota, Tampa, and Daytona.

The shop is now capable of tuning both 2.4 and 2.0 powered cars, as well as just about every motor produced by GM. The owner has a large amount of experience in all of those, and is operating a new Mustang MD500 Dyno. I had my car on the rollers just the other day (my first time ever on a dyno) and for those who have never done so, its a blast!

Id really like to set up a large community meet there, spanning both the Sols and Sky's, and maybe involve our brethren in HHR SS's and Cobalt SS/TC's.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the actual shop information on the forum, but if you need any more info, just shoot me a PM.

Ill be bringing my car down to the shop in the next couple of weeks for a full tune to compliment my Stage 2, and I'll have the results up for you guys ASAP.

Last edited by XplosivePlushToy; 07-07-2009 at 03:33 PM.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Keep me posted. Maybe we can make it into a mini meet for those going.

Riding High In My Sky
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i likey!

i need to get back on the dyno, need new numbers since i got the larger wheel in the ko4

07RL+
ShabbyPipesw/tialQ,HIDlow&fogs,stubby,Tints,RPiGTExhaust&RacePi pe,HahnIC,AreoforceDualGuages,DDMProBeam,RaceBackb one&APilar,Wester'sRaceTune,TenzoRDC5,Eibach SL,BTF BigWheel ko4+,JPM shifter,HKSturbotimer,RKsportHood,NormsSkyFenders& someCFbits

Last edited by DirtyMike; 06-27-2009 at 06:31 PM.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Id like to shoot for mid july or so, if we can get something organized.

I spoke to the shop owner shortly after posting and he is very enthusiastic about it. Prices should be very reasonable, judging on how much previous meets have cost.

We'll definitely have a BBQ and plenty of roller time. The newly rebuilt Palm Beach International Raceway is only 40 minutes or so away, so we could do runs too (and its an incredibly sticky track!) The more people that attend the better.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 09:49 PM

mid july...think that could work for me

07RL+
ShabbyPipesw/tialQ,HIDlow&fogs,stubby,Tints,RPiGTExhaust&RacePi pe,HahnIC,AreoforceDualGuages,DDMProBeam,RaceBackb one&APilar,Wester'sRaceTune,TenzoRDC5,Eibach SL,BTF BigWheel ko4+,JPM shifter,HKSturbotimer,RKsportHood,NormsSkyFenders& someCFbits
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 02:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to hafizmo
G8TR and I put together a meet earlier this year in Orlando and that went well. If I recall correctly it was 40 dollars for 2-3 pulls and 70 dollars for an entire hour on the dyno (for tuning purposes obviously). It would be really awesome if your buddy can get hold of Wester's garage and try to become a certified re-seller of his Wester's tune and maybe he can provide the necesssary adjustments for temps conditions etc. That would be super awesome. I am definitely interested in this provided my car is done and broken in by then. PM me for more info and I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-29-2009, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Ill talk to him about the Westers deal, but to do that he'd have to know that there was a viable market for it. Thats partially why I want to set this up. If we have a strong showing down there, we could definitely encourage more support from his shop towards our platforms (and lets be honest, we need all the support we can get! lol). The prices will be extremely similar at his place, though we werent initially going to be doing tuning because of how time consuming it can be.

But yeah, I'll definitely keep you updated on this. I'm going to be picking a date soon, because I'm going to need to use vacation time for it. Being on call 24/7 sucks. Right now the weekend of either the 18th or 25th are looking like the best bet. He already has something scheduled for the 11th.

2007 Solstice GXP
280rwhp 315rwtq
Dejon Intercooler
Solo RCD and High Flow Cat
GMPP Stage 2 Tune
Fujita Intake and I/C Piping
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 06:31 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Day has been set for July 25th at Eagle Performance Dyno, located at

1763 Biltmore St
Port Saint Lucie, FL 34984

2007 Solstice GXP
280rwhp 315rwtq
Dejon Intercooler
GMPP Stage 2 Tune

Last edited by XplosivePlushToy; 07-06-2009 at 06:38 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Just a few days to go!

2007 Solstice GXP
280rwhp 315rwtq
Dejon Intercooler
GMPP Stage 2 Tune
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 10:54 PM

Everyday it looks better for me going!

07RL+

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in