Georgians/Union City - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2006, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Georgians/Union City

Hi to everyone from Columbus -
Enroute from Atlanta back home to Columbus yesterday, I stopped at the Saturn in Union City (Jonesboro). And I have some disturbing news to relay...

I went in to look at their 'showroom' Sky. I didn't tell them that I had already ordered one from the Columbus dealership or that I have wisdom of everyone on this forum at my fingertips...

2 Salespeople immediately started telling me how much I needed that gorgeous, but filthy , green automatic Sky. When I brought up that I thought it was SOLD (the sign on the windshield gave it away), they told me I could get on an ordering list. They are taking deposits. They have 50 names on the list, but they KNOW that their allocation will be only 16 cars for all of the 2007 model. When I asked if they let the other 34 people on the list know that they probably wouldn't be able to order an 07, they responded that they were keeping their names on the list in case anyone dropped out and their names could go higher on the waiting list and that they wouldn't be told, just would wait for them to drop off. That could get so aggravating

They shared a lot of mistaken information with me - redlines will be available on the lot for purchase by Nov, never been constraints on the automatics, can't put a child under 14 yo in front seat, curb weight only 2100lbs, etc...

In talking about the actual car in the showroom, I learned that it SOLD in April, but has to stay at the dealership until the next Sky arrives. They laughed and said that they had no specific date for the next car, but "don't tell the new owner as s/he expects it soon".

They also shared that they take the car out for test drives themselves and let customers test drive it. EVEN THO it is sold. They shared that "this car will get to 100 mph without even trying - even tho she's only a 2.4 L/177hp - she will fly" I specifically asked if they drove it past 100mph, and both of them said that they each did on separate occasions. I asked about break in period and one of them said "who will know and what could go wrong".

Of course, I came home and emailed my salesguy and let him know that I really don't want that kind of a deal. This may not be a biggie for the new owner of that Green Automatic Sky in Union City....but it would be for me and that is why I am sharing it on the forum.

I feel like one of my son's friends did something wrong and I am telling the parent of that child!!! It's that same feeling - If it were me, I would want to know.

Carlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 08:10 AM

It's got to be true, The Salesman said it.....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-15-2006, 09:54 AM

Shocked that the people would buy the car and leave at the dealership for so long.

Think a good rule of thumb is to know the delivery mileage (what's the avg. delivery mileage on a sky, guessing 10-20 miles) so if my car had a couple hundred I'd raise hell.

A lot's got to do with the individual dealer.

I've had long dealings with the Columbus GA dealer and they've always been up front with me and my family members., can't say that about ALL dealers around unfortunately.

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 06:45 PM

I definitely wouldn't be happy if it was my car. I want to be there when mine comes off the truck.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 08:04 PM

georgians/ unioncity

in dealers defense::::
I go by U C saturn at least once a week, and have meet most of the sales people and one of the detail guys , and I was there when the green sky was delivered, I was told at that time it was sold......And was not going to be driven buy anybody......What I was told was that it was meant to be their demo , but the person who bought it just had to have it , and it was understood that they could not take delivery until a replacement arrived.. So I wound up going to Marietta, to drive one....
I was at U C Saturn today and the car looked great to me...I have never seen the car out side the showroom....Believe me if that car was being driven around here in the "big city" of Union city ,someone would have seen it.....I think maybe someone was pulling your leg, I'm not at all calling blueskygal a liar or anything like that....I'm just telling what I know to be fact, not hearsay....
For the record I ordered from U C saturn and put up the required deposit...they have always answered any questions I have.. And i get my questions from this site........
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 10:01 PM

Bluesky was just reporting what THE SALES STAFF at UC told HER. So really not hearsay. Of course the sales staff could have been embellishing facts a bit as car salespeople are known for the world over.

Chris
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoo
in dealers defense::::
I go by U C saturn at least once a week, and have meet most of the sales people and one of the detail guys , and I was there when the green sky was delivered, I was told at that time it was sold......And was not going to be driven buy anybody......What I was told was that it was meant to be their demo , but the person who bought it just had to have it , and it was understood that they could not take delivery until a replacement arrived.. So I wound up going to Marietta, to drive one....
I was at U C Saturn today and the car looked great to me...I have never seen the car out side the showroom....Believe me if that car was being driven around here in the "big city" of Union city ,someone would have seen it.....I think maybe someone was pulling your leg, I'm not at all calling blueskygal a liar or anything like that....I'm just telling what I know to be fact, not hearsay....
For the record I ordered from U C saturn and put up the required deposit...they have always answered any questions I have.. And i get my questions from this site........

Oh sure - it's completely possible that BOTH salespeople were pulling each of my legs in separate directions...honestly, both of them had that 'don't believe anything I am saying' grin that looks like the photo posted in an earlier reply...but like I said - if it was YOUR green Sky, wouldn't you want to know so that you could investigate it further? Just to be sure? And that's why I was careful with my posting and why I even took the energy to post it. I am thrilled for your that your experience with UC dealer has been positive. I've been happy with my Columbus folks too.
Carlie
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 01:53 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to marklynn70 Send a message via Yahoo to marklynn70 Send a message via Skype™ to marklynn70
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskygal
Oh sure - it's completely possible that BOTH salespeople were pulling each of my legs in separate directions...honestly, both of them had that 'don't believe anything I am saying' grin that looks like the photo posted in an earlier reply...but like I said - if it was YOUR green Sky, wouldn't you want to know so that you could investigate it further? Just to be sure? And that's why I was careful with my posting and why I even took the energy to post it. I am thrilled for your that your experience with UC dealer has been positive. I've been happy with my Columbus folks too.
Carlie
Just pop open the driver's side door and look at the odometer. It flashes the current mileage as soon as you open the door. Then you will at least know if it has been driven around.

Mark
Black Onyx B/R Interior
_00565_

"Little Missy"
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-17-2006, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklynn70
Just pop open the driver's side door and look at the odometer. It flashes the current mileage as soon as you open the door. Then you will at least know if it has been driven around.
Oh, thanks for that info - I did not know that - even with out the key in the ignition, eh? But no way to see what speeds it's been pushed to...
Thanks.
Carlie
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:43 PM

Do you know who the two sales people were? I know the people who run Saturn of Union City, Saturn of Marietta, and Saturn of Thornton Road.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in