October 14 Cruise in to South Beach - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:08 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
October 14 Cruise in to South Beach

We had so much fun on our second cruise to Key Largo on September 9 I figure you can't have too much of a great thing... So, Let's go but this time let's cruise Ocean Drive in South Beach.

How about an Iteniary like this...

4:00pm We meet at a central location... I liked Snapper Creek - it had lots of space, was easy to find and worked well...

We drive off together up the turnpike then across the Dolphin (the 836) to where it becomes the 395 cross over the Macarthur Causway and stop at Watson park across from Parrott jungle to take some photos and pick up anyone who didn't want to meet at Snapper Creek (we could avoid some tolls etc... by meeting there to begin with if Y'all wanted.) Anyway, I am not too familiar with Watson park. Anyone know - is it a good place to meet and take photos? If nobody knows I will check it out.

I figure we would be at Watson Park at 5:00 given that we most likely will hang arround Snapper creek until 4:15

Ok, so then we take off from watson park and drive to South Pointe Park (its the furthest southern point at Miami Beach. We could meet stragglers there take photos and head up Ocean Drive from there.

I figure we would get to South Pointe Park at 5:45 and at 6:00 head north along Ocean drive - going all the way up to the 79th street causway where we could go west to eat at Shuckers a nice place to eat... outside on the intercoastal

What do you think? I am open to suggestions for alternatives.

Bob

I LOVE MY SKY
Bluestone R/L with Tan roof
Manual
Chrome Wheels
Billet Grille
HIDs
Race Precision GT exhaust
R/L CAI
Exhaust Depot Charge Pipes
In Dash GPS nav touchscreen XM radio & rear view camera
No more Black and Tan Base
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

October 21 better?

After I posted this I saw there was another trip in Florida planned for the 14th. So Y'all tell me if October 21 is a better date.

Bob

I LOVE MY SKY
Manual
Chrome Wheels
Billet Grille
HIDs
R/L CAI
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I like the 14th, for Bianca and I will still be in town from the International Car Show. Maybe I can meet the So. Fla. Kappa owners at this time for a cruise and a beer.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Oh, I forgot to tell you, there is a Big Game at the Orange Bowl as well. Miami vs FIU. Remember you can predict a hurricane, you just can't stop one!! C-A-N-E-S Maybe we could do a cruise by
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 03:47 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to Karen
count me in...the 21st would be better for me...(1 ship in port)

-karen
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 04:04 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to YellowSky
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
I like the 14th, for Bianca and I will still be in town from the International Car Show. Maybe I can meet the So. Fla. Kappa owners at this time for a cruise and a beer.
Well if we have an outa towner mine as well try and acompany him so he can have some fun while in SOFL..

BUT you dont want to step on peoples toes that built up the other cruise.. and end up taken away from there group. then end up with some unhappy people so its 6 of 1 half dozen of the other..

Opel GT conversion
ONYX Black
ADD ON

RPI all day

opel badges and lights

Audi LED running lights with Halos

SOL black rims

FIREFIGHTER Tag "SKYYY"
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Thanks Yellow Sky, but if you guys want to cruise on the 21st, cruise on the 21st. I've got the car show going on, and a lot of banking business to be involved with. Not to mention, the drive from Sanford Fl. to Miami Fl. Maybe a mini SKY meet at the car show would interest some
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 04:24 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to YellowSky
hey ill come if your throwing free stuff my way! what are you goin for?

Opel GT conversion
ONYX Black
ADD ON

RPI all day

opel badges and lights

Audi LED running lights with Halos

SOL black rims

FIREFIGHTER Tag "SKYYY"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 04:41 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I usually work for Lexus at the show. My crew and I set the booth up and make sure everything is to the clients satisfaction. No freebies sorry, a lot of literature though. Will also be in the Saturn booth most days trying to talk with Jill and some of the regional reps. I have a few word for them, both for and against about the Sky launching
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 05:52 PM
First 2000

21st!

"Vixen" Deep, Steel/Sand #7494
Perfect as she is, no mods thus far.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Well, I don't want to offend any one (obviuosly), but I'll try and be "gentle" if you will. To me it wouldn't matter which date you select, (I was not going or interested in the other thread, since its not a Sky/Sol event & there is no cruising involved, all local area looks like), last time I was in South Beach on a weekend the traffic was horrendous, thats #1. #2 Then the trip up Ocean Drive, depending on how many people show up would be troublesome, first off we will get split up as we go along (no way will it not happen or are we to avoid this), because of traffic lights, the traffic, the tourist, this trip opens up the chances and probability of an accident or of unforseen problems going thru that maze as a caravan. Back in the old days, say 30-40 years ago it would of been fun, now? I don't think so, especially on a Saturday.

My thoughts on these types of get togethers is more of open highway traveling with minimum traffic signals or heavy traffic. My thoughts were of maybe driving up A1A in Ft. Lauderdale (before SunneySky's post), but you will have the same problems, altho perhaps not as bad as South Beach, still tho, traffic lights, cars, buses and the fact that we will get split up (again). I donno, I don't want to be a party pooper mind ya, but ah, I will not be coming to trips where we can't be together as a group as we cruise. I do have mixed feelings about this tho, cause I definitely want and enjoy being with all of you. But to me its important for us to be "together" and avoid possible unforseen problems that may occur. I am already regretting what I have written so far, but since I already typed it, I will pull the trigger. I had "alot of thought" over this, I hope you won't hammer me to bad, BUT you still may-- I probably deserve it. Even so, I will watch the thread as it developes, once I see the final plans, I will mention it to my "better half" to see if she would like to go, at that time we'll make a decision. But for now, I do not think that I will be making this one.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Don't worry be happy

Yup... cruising up ocean drive is not like zipping along card sound road. I did it by myself last May... Its a slow drive - stop and go... With this drive its not about the driving it is about showing off and making a statement. It can be a blast because going that slow in an area with fancy cars that tend to cost way more than a Sky but don't have our style ... where its all about style... Anyway...

If you are worried about not being together... or if you don't like the idea of driving slowly down a famous city street where its all about style... no big deal. Given the traffic and potential to get seperated We would have to pass out maps with the route plotted. I can handle that.

If you want a drive that is all about zipping along a nice road I suggest a drive along Rt 27 Its a nice drive, sure there won't be a whole lot of people there to see it but the traffic should be light and the trees are green.

The 14th or 21st... I can do either... But then I am a CANE fan... and it will be the first time FIU plays with the big boys...

Oh, I would have suggested the 7th... but I will be out in my boat doing debocherie... for the Columbus day Regatta!

So, let me know what Y'all think.

I LOVE MY SKY
Manual
Chrome Wheels
Billet Grille
HIDs
R/L CAI
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 08:03 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to Karen
sounds like a great plan! I will meet ya'll at Watson Park...across from Parrot Jungle.

karen
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

its a go for the 21st of October.

Hi Y'all

Ok, from what I am hearing via private messages and on this thread... it looks like we are a Go for October 21... So clear the 14th on your calandar and go see the Canes whip on FIU...

I am going to start a NEW thread for the October 21 run because this one is now mislabled the 14th!

See you on the new thread.

I LOVE MY SKY
Manual
Chrome Wheels
Billet Grille
HIDs
R/L CAI

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Southeast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in