13 Annual MI Kappa Club Woodward Dream Cruise 8/16/18 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By a_bartle
  • 1 Post By a_bartle
  • 1 Post By a_bartle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
13 Annual MI Kappa Club Woodward Dream Cruise 8/16/18

The 13th annual Woodward DreamCruise Kappa Cruise will be on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. Meet and greet from 6 pm to 7 pm at the Cranbrook Private Prep School, Kingswood parking lot at 39221 Woodward Ave. We then cruise down Woodward to 26711 Woodward, which is our parking lot south of 11 mile to show off our cars and watch the cruisers. Hope to see you there!

Enter Cranbrook on Tamarack Way from Woodward, stop at the guard station, and drive 0.3 miles down the hill to the Kingswood parking lot on the left.

This years Kappa Cruise will be in memory of Roger W. Spaulding, long-time Kappa owner and event participant who passed away in January 2018.

Note: the official day for the Woodward Dream Cruise is always the 3rd Saturday of August. However, generally speaking, the really nice cars are parked on Saturday because much of Woodward is bumper to bumper traffic on Saturday. That's why the Kappa group cruises on Thursday evening, even though it can still be quite busy as you cruise through certain cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne7VsjoxJA4

Last edited by ChopTop; 07-27-2018 at 09:05 AM.
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2018, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Missed it last year, hoping to attend this year....
jshines likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for posting the great video was great to tag along watching it. One part when I thought wow that solstice sounds line one of the V8 ones, and then the mustang finally passed on the lift. Great seeing so many cars in one spot
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

I've missed the last two years, the first for family reasons, the 2nd because I lost my key (no backup) while locking the back door to getting in the car to leave. I had a bunch of stuff in my hands and as I entered the car I just tossed everything onto the passenger seat. When I went to start the car I couldn't find the key, two hours later (and obviously too late to make the cruise), I discovered that the key had slid into the front pocket of the passenger seat. One years later and I still only have one key.

So barring any rain, I plan on going this year. Unfortunately, I don't believe Jason (the guy who made all the previous videos) has his car anymore? So there was no vid from last years cruise, and I doubt that there will be one filmed this year. The reason I like to watch Kappa vids is that they help get me through the long Michigan winters. But lately I've told myself that our winters may be a small price to pay considering how floods, fires, and tornados have impacted the rest of the country.

Last edited by ChopTop; 08-05-2018 at 08:30 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2018, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 434 Post(s)
Chop, missed you last year. Not sure we will make this year. As most things we will play it by ear. Still kicking myself for not making it out to Lafontaine's yesterday. Anyhow. Someone shot a Go Pro video of the Kappa Cruise last year.. I dont know where it is though, maybe on the Mich. Kappa site.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 02:39 PM

@davhamm

Speaking of the Lafontaine event, it was really great and we had an excellent turn out....
jshines likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Bump. Weather.com currently predicting AM showers on the day of cruise of 8/16, if that is true then I'm hoping it's dry and clear by 6PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:15 AM

The "Weather Experts" are so often wrong......!

I'm predicting clear skis with a few hazy clouds, lots of cool cars, and a huge turnout of Kappa owners for the cruise....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sun-Cloud.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	102669  
jshines likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

I'm looking at Doppler Radar right now and it's showing that the Detroit area is currently experiencing scattered showers, so I'm sorry to say that I'm out.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
It's not looking good for me either....

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Great Lakes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in