User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-13-2016, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 759 Post(s)
Garage
3rd annual Palm Springs Run

Saturday September 24th thru Sunday September 25th.

This is an overnight run that begins at the

Home Depot
Store # 1013
1151 W. Lugonia
Redlands, California.

Departure will be at 8am Saturday. We will do the same route as last year, information on the route will be provided upon request.

First day of driving will be approximately 190 miles, through mountain roads in the Inland Empire of Southern California
The pace will be moderate.
Stops in Big Bear, Idyllwild and Rancho Mirage.

Hotel Information:

Hilton Garden Inn
71-700 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, California 92270

760 776 9700

A group rate has been established.
89.33 for a Single King or 2 Queen beds

Book under Summer Special by telephone
Online, after entering the date of stay, September 24-25 there will be a tab that says "Group Code"
Enter # - SS16

Dinner reservations have not been finalized.

Sunday morning departure for Hemet, and Los Vaqueros restaurant, will be at 9am.

For route questions, contact Bob Brown 909 841 9532 or email [email protected]

For Hotel and dinner questions, please contact Myrna 858 231 0239 or email [email protected]

Sponsors have not been finalized, but Solo Performance, DDM, VDI doors, RK Sports and Windrestrictor have been extremely generous for the past two years.

We will be providing free tee shirts for this event, and for those that attended last year, we will finally have it for you.

This is a great run, we normally have about 25 cars. We will also be stopping at the Korean Monk monestary again this year.

Any questions, please contact me here or at the phone number and email provided.

Last edited by skersfan; 08-13-2016 at 01:58 PM.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Mod Day in September and now this!?!? This is Kappa September!! SAWEET!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1621 Post(s)
Garage
Don't forget Autocross in there too. I think AC is the weekend before this.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Yep, autocross is definitely on the weekend of September 17th-18th, which I will also miss. Tickets available here for anyone local who would like to attend. Its a blast!

Auto-X Tickets | Powermall Store Official Store of the NMRA, NMCA and NMCA West.

Sorry I will miss the Palm Springs run Bob. Hopefully you can save me a shirt (XL)

For anyone local who has not driven the Palm Springs run it is pretty awesome. Make the effort to attend and you will not regret it!

Jim
Techo Gray 2008 Sky RL with Trifecta and DDM bracing
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Confirmation from Ashli at WR that they will be involved. Last year the did several 25% off certificates and a 50% off any think they offered. Should hear final prizes by end of week. Worling with DDM and Solo. May call Norm for some neat stuff.

Remember this is a free even. Prizes will be awarded off of poker run. Speed will have no bearing in prizes. The last car arrives, we draw cards. Prizes presented at dinner.

Hope a few newbees show up this year. This is a long run and we have a good time. Myrna always plans a great meal.

Will up date prizes as they come in!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm a maybe for this. Jamie got her back surgery pushed back from the 20th to the 27th I believe so we MIGHT be able to make it. Just really going to depend on how things go with her.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Confirmation from DDM and Solo Performance on their prizes. I can tell you that Solo is providing a High Flow Cat for a 2.4 or 2.0. You will also be able to use that value against a cat back exhaust if you decide you don't want the Cat.

Want to thank our sponsors!!!

I have a few more to talk with this week.

Again this is a free event, all prizes will be off of the poker run. Everyone has a chance that shows up!!!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Received a nice package from Solo Performance yesterday. Key Chains, license plate holders, and many tee shirts. Certificate for the new High Flow Cat.

Ivey of DDM said she would be sending stuff out on Tuesday when she gets back in town.

Ashli, from Windrestrictor said they would be shipping stuff on Wednesday.

I have proofs for the shirts from last year and this year. They were quite expensive. I hope everyone enjoys them.

Still have a little work to do on maps and folders!

Please remember we have to depart at 8am, so you need to get there no later than 730am

For those coming into Redlands on Friday night, there is a local car show. Redlands , Alta Vista Credit Union 3rd annual car show located at 1425 W. Lugonia from 6-9pm. If you consider doing this, I will bring my car down for it. Would be nice to have few Kappas show up. Here is the information.

SoCalCarCulture - Car Show and Events Calendar
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sucks I will probably be missing this one. Always like this drive.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-17-2016, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I have some Norco! Oxy if you need it.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
I would be tempted but I'm off to Florida this weekend... will keep an eye out for events that I'm not on the wrong coast for, and any Kappas near the Magic Kingdom.

Just two months ago I would never have considered going 7 hours to drive somewhere... guess it's that permagrin taking effect.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallifreyan View Post
I would be tempted but I'm off to Florida this weekend... will keep an eye out for events that I'm not on the wrong coast for, and any Kappas near the Magic Kingdom.

Just two months ago I would never have considered going 7 hours to drive somewhere... guess it's that permagrin taking effect.
Yea, that's how it happens. LOL I may be doing another Chase the Sun Run next year in May. We meet at sunrise by the Salton Sea and have Breakfast in Brawley in the Desert. Drive out of the desert into the mountains and have lunch my a mountain lake, then through mountains, through some scenery that looks like it is out of a Thomas Kinkaid painting, over a plateau, around Lake Elsinore up over Ortega Highway, the oldest highway in the state I believe, and down to Dana Point to have Dinner at the coast by sundown. It's a long drive but by Nationals Standards it's pretty short. LOL It has a good mix of great driving roads, great scenery, and plenty of time to socialize with fellow Kappa owners.

The first year we did the run we had great cool weather in the desert for the morning, some snow and fog up on Palomar Mountain, and clear skies again along the coast. It was, in one day, just about every climate this state has to offer.

Skersfan's Palm Springs run is a great drive too. As a matter of fact, back in 2006/7 when the Sky had just been released, we had a run in the same area that Skersfan does his and we wound up coming across a pack of Opel GTs that GM had brought out to allow the European Press to drive and evaluate for their magazines. Both groups were shocked to run into the other and every time I go on Skersfan's run I have fond memories of those early days. That's why I'll be really disappointed if I miss it this year. It would be worth the 7 hour drive.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-22-2016, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Update:

Certificates from DDM and WR arrived yesterday.

Solo merchandise is here.

Picking up Tee Shirts this afternoon.

A new addition is a 2x4 etched glass block with a Sky in it. 15 year anniversary piece. As much as I want to keep it, it will be going to one of our participants.

Currently 17 cars signed up for the event, but normally end up with 7 or 8 that just show that morning.

Again. The event departs at 8am Saturday morning from the Redlands Home Depot on Lugonia.

There is a car show Friday night at the Alta Vista Credit Union from 6-9pm just west of the Home Depot on Lugonia. If anyone decides to go, I will drive down for it. Let me know by PM.

Also all awards will be given out Saturday evening, you are not required to spend the night. The Sunday drive is just to drive to Hemet and have Brunch at Los Vaqueros. Sunday part of the event will end around noon. Close to freeways for returning home.

Hope a bunch can make it.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in