NEW DATE! So Cal Mod Day - LE5 Turbo Build - Page 8 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Pacific California | Idaho | Nevada | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #106 of 106 (permalink) Old 11-29-2015, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1758 Post(s)
Garage
Update.

So did some tuning today. The car is producing 5.3 lbs of boost without dialing up the boost controller any 8 psi will be our target. We tuned idle today and got the fuel trims where they should be. Made some cruise and WOT passes...no KR but didn't scan much because of the hiccup issue though we did narrow that down to the ECM. No vac leaks anywhere.

However we did develop an oil leak!!!!! Got done tuning, parked the car on the extension cord by mistake, and after it sat for a while rolled the car back to get it off the cord only to discover a L shaped oil drip pattern on the garage floor. Tracked it down to one of the AN fittings on the oil return line. Turns out I missed ONE fitting when checking everything. It tightened up just over half a turn (more than enough to leak when things get warm) and it looks good. Will be keeping an eye on it.

After that went to close the hood and the passenger side wouldn't latch. Looked at the piping I had to move to tighten the oil line and thought maybe one of them was hitting the hood. After getting all that to where it shouldn't be obstructing the hood it still wouldn't latch. It seemed like the latch wasn't catching the hood like it should. Sure enough, the latch was stuck. Lubed it up a bit and now all is well.

The hiccup we tracked down to the ECM. Always helps to have multiple ears and eyes when troubleshooting this stuff. The ECM would click, like when it would reset after tuning, and then the engine would stumble. Elff in the other thread I posted on this mentioned that it could be a corroded connector as that has happened in the past so we'll check that first and, if that doesn't resolve it, looks like a new ECM may be in order. Since it is an arbitrary thing I'm really hoping the plug issue resolves it.

Once the ECM issue gets resolved, we'll continue with tuning. Right now, if you hit WOT under 3k the engine will see about 4-5 percent KR. We may address this with tuning. Still want to do a VE tune on it as well to get those fuel tables better dialed in. Then we need to up the boost and tune PE with the MAF to deal with the greater boost levels.

So far, aside from the hiccup and oil leak today, things have gone smoothly. Issues like this are typical with doing bigger mods like this.

As an aside note, glad to see so many builds coming up on here these days. skersfan with his salvage build, my turbo build, the 200 mph build, the 800 and now 1000 whp builds...it's a good time to be on skyroadster!

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in