Saturn Sky Forum banner

SoCal Runs Roll Call: Sign Up Here

31K views 191 replies 47 participants last post by  Robotech 
#1 · (Edited)
I know that not everyone on here is on the forums multiple times a day (I am though!) so what I propose is the following...

I will be using this thread create a list of any and all Southern California forum members that would like to receive an email announcing when an upcoming run has been announced. Too often do we here in the forums that someone found out about the run the day after it happened.

If Interested Please Provide the Following:

Forum Name, both if your on the Solstice Site and use a different name
Make, Model, and Color
General Location
Preferred Method of Contact: Email required due to pm limits. DO NOT PUT YOUR EMAIL HERE, PM ME

Not looking for anything too formal for these runs but I would love to be able to help with some organization in
notifying all of my WingMen and WingWomen!
:cool: .....:cool: .....:cool: .....:cool: .....:cool: .....:cool: .....:cool: .....:cool:

EndiSky: SKY
CADREAMIN: GXP
Menna661: GXP
AdamVIP: GXP
Elwood58: GXP
JandR: Sky
HappyAmI: Redline
SCdyne/SCSKYSC: Sky
Deep-GXP/Dot: GXP
FST GXP: GXP
P24rick: Redline
Opel gt: Solstice
joker70: Sky

See less See more
#33 ·
Hi I am Sky Martini I am not on the forum to often, but if anything cruise wise comes up let me know by email. My email is kelly.williams@digitalinsight.com. I am in the Antelope Valley, northern LA county. I have 85K miles on my car I drive it from the AV to Westlake Village 4 time a week and use it on the weekends for fun.

#38 ·
Hi Kapa Family,
SHUFF (Sylvie and Don)
Midnight Blue with Tan top, 2007 base Sky
South Long Beach

It will be nice to have kapa curses. I'm not on the forum much, so e-mail is the best. Endi, sent you my e-mail. (I'm not on any social networks, other than the Sky forum).
:driving:

#39 ·
New Year's Morning Cruise - Tour d' Orange

For all Kappa drivers in southern California, consider an alternative to getting up to watch the Rose Parade in your pajamas. Consider participating in the Tour d' Orange and joining several hundred other automobile aficionados of all genres to cruise the scenic roads and canyons of Orange County. Here's an excerpt from the current automotive event calendar ( Event Calendar. )

January 1st 2011 8th Annual “Tour d’Orange”. Now a Southern California tradition for many and arguably the first car event of the New Year. Meet at the corner of Fisher and Redhill in Costa Mesa. Arrive by 8:30 AM, maps at 8:45 AM, DEPART AT 9 AM. There is no formal notice besides this. All cars welcome. Please pass this notice to your respective car clubs and like minded enthusiasts.

Here is a video clip from the 2010 run. ( Tour D Orange 2010 on Vimeo )

I suggest that if you intend to participate, get there earlier than the 8:30 as posted. The line-up for the start is usually three or four cars abreast for about a quarter mile or more.

#40 ·
Whats up SoCal peeps!?
Anybody looking to be part of a Ecotec based car club (Cobalts, G5,Ion..Etc.)?
Looking to get more members. We have about 40 members at the moment. Looking for more to make this big! We're all cool friendly and have love for our cars so if any of you would like to check it out go to socalecotecs.forumotion.net. Make and Intro thread so we can get to know you, pics of your ride, and how did you here anout us. :) Hope to hear from you guys.

#43 ·
New event calender coming soon

Jesse, Keep watching this Pacific forum for the new 2011 calender of events for the Northern and Central regions of WCKCC. The club officers had a meeting over Super Bowl weekend to plan this years runs. They have asked numerous time for input as to where club members wanted to go in 2011.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f33/where-do-you-want-go-2011-a-37245/

Have you just moved up to the bay area? I don't recognize your handle or car. We try to have some kind of get together once a month. In fact LeChief hosted a Super Bowl party last Sunday. Bigdog hosts an annual Christmas party. There are numerous runs planed thru out the year. At present there are two of us planning to go to the PNW Regionals in Pinticton, BC in August. We have a lot going on during the year. Hope to see you on one of our future gatherings.

#44 ·
sorry for the delay, I was reading the other posts and didn’t scroll down…..lol

I've been in the bay area for about six years but I've only had the Sky for one year. the wife and I were just discussing the calendar that just came out and are very excited! we are ready for anything semi local and would love to take the occasional long trip…BC maybe. we have lots of extra time since we are both in our 40's and seem to only dine out and go to Vegas….lol

I live on 3rd and Mission downtown and don’t see many Sky's but I do see a navy blue solstice almost every day….I think they park in the garage around the corner, often I want to flag them down but I figure there going to work. I only drive when I can create an excuse to…..for instance I went to Pep boys in San Carlos on Sunday for air freshener…lol.

I will check this section of the forum every day as I do the rest moving forward.

I have also just renewed for WCKCC for three years and look forward to some activities!

#45 ·
Jesse, Jane and I are looking forward to the clubs outings this year. From what I can see there hasn't been any positive dates set for the runs so keep watching the Pacific Forum for further details. The run planers will post there when plans and dates are set.

We are planning to going to the Regionals in Pinticton, BC in August. We are planing on taking a few days to get up there, with stops in Portland and Seattle for some site seeing. We plan on arriving in BC on the 18th and leave on Monday the 22nd. Sexy Sky in Ca, aka, Sonia is also planning on going. Not sure if she wants to do the sightseeing on the way up. The run up is about seventeen hrs, so you could make it in two days with only one overnight at about Portland. At this time I believe that the organizers of the regionals are expecting 40 cars. It should be a great get together.

Glad to see that you and your wife want to come out and play with us. This is a really great group that we have up here Nor Cal. We always have fun on our runs. If your into hockey, GoThunda are big fans and plan hockey nights with the Stockton Thunder.

See you around the bend.

#47 ·
Hey Robotech, how the heck are you. I have just surfaced after a two year hiatus! I have been seeing other Skys, but they have their noses in the air. What's with that? Are there any runs scheduled for the So Cal group? I see a lot of activity in San Diego area, but haven't seen anything around here. I'm getting back into the swing of things and would love to go on a run. I bought another car and Lizzy (my Sky) is jealous! However, nothing could take her place!!!
I LOVE MY SKY!!!!

#48 ·
Hey Endi, where are you guys? Are there any activities here in our area? I see all the runs they have in San Diego, but is our club still alive up here? I'm back in the driver's seat again and thought I would hook up with the gang...if there is a gang any more. I've seen a few familiar posts from Skip and and Marlboro Mike. They haven't changed a bit. Hope you are doing well.
I LOVE MY SKY!!!!

#49 ·
40rty
2007 Sky Redline Blk
El Cajon
I'll pm you my email

#67 ·
I moved Dorothy to Las Vegas, and we have the same problems here that we did when we were in Chino Hills... Zero interest. If I honk her horn, or flash her lights, people just look at us like we're crazy! :banghead:

Just spoke with Myrna of San Diego Roadsters. Would love to have all of us at the Fallbrook run. They have runs every month in the San Diego, North County areas.
I was going to suggest you contact SDR! Myrna's really good; she'll add you to the invites distribution list & never let you go... Even though I've never shown up, I still get the monthly invitations! :D

You could also try the southern chapter of WCKCC... Maybe some of the same people involved, but I don't think they're the same club. Feel free to PM me if you need contact info for their reps. :grouphug:

Lastly, you could try to start your own local IE/SB/RIV group on FB (free) or Meetup (annual fee). I thought about doing that here, but haven't gotten around to it... :willy:

Good luck to you guys, whichever way you get together! Enjoy the SoCal top-down weather in your Kappa for me... :cheers:

#55 ·
Funny you should ask.

I just bought another Sky yesterday. Waiting on delivery.

Which is ironic since when I got my first Sky people were waiting 5 months or so to get them and I was lucky enough to walk right in and buy mine...

...and now I'm sitting here waiting a couple days to get my "new" used Sky. LOL

#56 ·
Really something strange with the SoCal group. No responses or activation from the website. Can not join the roadster club or the GM club. Nothing ever posted on this site, but tons for the Northern group. I am on vacation, but I am supposed to call the Southern division chairman(?) when I get back Tuesday.

Glad to see you are back. We have only driven ours about 200 miles since we got it. Looking forward to seeing others. I live in the Inland Empire and do not ever remember seeing one on the road, several Solstice, but never a Sky.

Glad to see someone responded!!!!

#59 ·
Glad to see you are back. We have only driven ours about 200 miles since we got it. Looking forward to seeing others. I live in the Inland Empire and do not ever remember seeing one on the road, several Solstice, but never a Sky.

Glad to see someone responded!!!!
Well, you may see one now as I live in Temecula but commute daily to Norco for work. :)

It's funny seeing this post and the one about an Idlewylle run. When the SoCal club was just starting out we had about 15-20 cars take a dirve through that area. While we were on the road, another group of "Skys" joined us and, judging by their number, we thought it was another part of our group that had taken a different route.

Turned out they weren't Saturns or Pontiacs...they were Opels! GM had flown in a bunch of journalists from Europe to have them get a test drive in the new Opel (which looked almost identical to the Sky with some subtle differences) and the test drive was on the same day, at the same time, on the same road, as our run. They got in with our group thinking just like we had that it was a part of their group that had gone a different way! It was great talking to them and they were amazed at the passion with which the American's had embraced this car.

Good memories.

#57 ·
Skersfan,

If you get a run setup in SoCal - you may want to give everyone at least a month notice - since most do not check this as frequently.

Best of luck!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.