West Coast Kappas and San Diego Roadsters in Solvang this weekend! - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Pacific California | Idaho | Nevada | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska

User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Athena Sky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Cool West Coast Kappas and San Diego Roadsters in Solvang this weekend!

So for anyone in or near California looking for something to do this weekend, the West Coast Kappa Car Club is having a joint run with our San Diego brethren in Solvang. Our agenda and details are in the blog post below.

If you're interested in going, there should still be a cottage or two available at Solvang Inn, as well as accommodations elsewhere in the area. Just visit the event page linked in our blog post, mark yourself "going," and look at the polls for food and housing (or answer the contact form on the blog post). We welcome guests from outside the area, as well as non-members in the area.

https://westcoastkappacar.club/2019/...nd-in-solvang/

2009 Saturn Sky Redline (silver) since 2016
West Coast Kappa Car Club secretary 2018-2019, president+secretary 2019-2020 (westcoastkappacar.club)
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1671 Post(s)
Garage
You have no idea how upset I'm missing this. I pray you guys do this again. Will definitely make the next one.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Hopefully next time well have more advance publicity... and most likely a few of us will come down for Palm Springs this fall.

Ill try to either keep the events updated here or get one of my new board members to do so, or both. Were doing a weekend run to Mendocino in July most likely, for example.

West Coast Kappa Car Club secretary 2018-2019, president+secretary 2019-2020 (westcoastkappacar.club)
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
I would have loved to go on this trip but have had another trip planned for many months.

Love the Solvang/Buellton area. Been there numerous times. If anyone needs recommendations for wineries or restaurants just ask!

2007 Silver/Red Sky Redline
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Garage
We had planned on going to this, actually have been working the last week on the car to get it ready to go, but it is supposed to rain all weekend, in Solvang and in our area. So, I think we will officially cancel tomorrow if the weather does not change. Really sorry about missing this, but a lot of money to go drive in the rain, and I don't drive my car in the rain. Could take the green one, but don't want to drive a stick that far. Hoping the weather forecast changes for the weekend. But with the regular rain on weekends here lately I highly doubt it.

We will be doing the Palm Springs run in October. The main road we drive up to Idyllwild is still closed and not expected to be open until early September.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
skersfan,

I sent a PM too since the site is acting weird for me... we hope you don't have to back out, but understand if you do.

The forecasts Jena and I have been watching all week (she doesn't want her car to get wet either) are saying cloudy Friday, mostly sunny Saturday, and chance of scattered thunderstorms Sunday. So we hope it stays that way or gets better on Sunday... as long as Saturday is dry after the dew burns off in the morning, we should be good.

Hopefully we won't lose too many drivers...we're getting close to the reservation minimum for at least one of the restaurants and we may have to pass an oil pan at dinner if we get too low.

Anyone who's on the list at https://www.facebook.com/events/2652...3081076349547/ but is no longer going, or anyone who is going but isn't on the list yet, please drop me a note at [email protected] or fill out the form on the blog post at the top of this topic so we can plan (and find a clean oilpan if needed).

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Join us in Solvang!

Hi Kappa Friends - I'm watching the weather in Solvang like a hawk, and it's clear 65-69 degrees Friday and Saturday until Saturday night. It'll rain Saturday night while we're in our hotel, and clear up by drive away time at 10am! It's perfect. I wish it was 75 and sunny, but I don't wanna miss out on this long-time planned event with lots of great Kappa drivers coming in from all over California. We have an awesome run planned for Saturday and the it should be a great time! Don't miss out! - Jena Haux (WCKCC)
Gallifreyan likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Garage
Very sorry Robert, but we did cancel last night. It is supposed to rain here Friday and Sunday, it is raining now actually. Hopefully next year. Will look forward to seeing you again at our run in October. That is if they get the road open. I think we are looking at mid October now for our event. Have fun and stay dry.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena Sky View Post
Hi Kappa Friends - I'm watching the weather in Solvang like a hawk, and it's clear 65-69 degrees Friday and Saturday until Saturday night. It'll rain Saturday night while we're in our hotel, and clear up by drive away time at 10am! It's perfect. I wish it was 75 and sunny, but I don't wanna miss out on this long-time planned event with lots of great Kappa drivers coming in from all over California. We have an awesome run planned for Saturday and the it should be a great time! Don't miss out! - Jena Haux (WCKCC)
Wish I could be there but car is down at the moment. I expect a lot of pictures. LOL

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Wish I could be there but car is down at the moment. I expect a lot of pictures. LOL
You should come up for our Mendocino run in July

https://www.facebook.com/events/552958825110212/

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallifreyan View Post
You should come up for our Mendocino run in July

https://www.facebook.com/events/552958825110212/
We'll see where the engine build is at. If it is in, broken in, and the tune is good...we just might.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in