April 10 Tour / Demo at Adams products in Boulder - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
April 10 Tour / Demo at Adams products in Boulder

RMSSC is hosting an event at Adams products in Boulder at 8:30 Saturday 10 April. This will include a tour of their facility and demonstrations of how to perform all phases of detailing of our cars. They are providing coffee and eats in the morning and we will be going to a group lunch in the afternoon. We are also bringing for distribution Club key chains and if we get them done in time RMSSC club flags for each car.

All are welcome, wether you are RMSSC members or not. Please let us know if you are planning on coming so we can give a projected head count to Adams
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	club flag stephan.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	36907  
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Adam has kindly stated that he will provide to all who attend a free detail kit with sample products. And besides providing snacks and drinks, he is going to demonstrate his newest product for the windshild by clay baring and then treating the windshield of all who attend. He is also going to detail the hood of one lucky volunteer as part of his demonstration.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Rob,
Weather permitting (we don't drive our Skys in the rain or snow) we plan on attending.
We'll bring both of our cars, my 2008 chili-pepper redline and my wife's Hydro-blue redline.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I spent all day working with the products after yesterday's visit. All I can say is WOW! I'm sold. The video was great and very helpful. And an added bonus to all of Adam's products is the rather pleasent scents. The car looks better than it has in 2 years, and the garage smells great.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Adams after action report

All I can say is WOW. What a wonderful experience.

We had 14 cars show up and about over 20 Club members. Adam himself ran a clinic that ran from about 8:30 until we left after 2pm. He did a wonderful rendition of “the birth of Adam’s Polishes” that was very entertaining and fascinating. Then he selected a “volunteer” car – a black Sky who’s owner shall remain nameless. The car was selected because it was a) black and b) “the most abused” car there of the 14. In the nameless owners defense the car is a daily driver that lives outdoors 24/7 and had been through the automated car wash maybe one time too many.

Adam took us through the entire process from making a visual assessment of the condition of the car finish, through doing a test section to determine how aggressive the detailer needs to be to achieve the end results, to actually performing clay baring, machine polishing and machine waxing. He also demonstrated application of a layer of paste wax. He imparted a great deal of very useful information and tips along the way. He is clearly an expert in detailing and if anything gave us more information than some of us could assimilate in a single session. He did give us all a copy of his how to DVD for home study.

Adam also went through how to detail wheels, tires and the wheel wells. Very interesting. And the factory chrome wheels came out looking absolutely beautiful. He then went to the interior and showed how to clean all the various elements of the interior and then treated them with the appropriate treatment product. The end result was also truly amazing. Made me a believer

The above took a couple of hours, after which we all went out to the parking lot and he worked on each car. He asked the owner to show him the single most bothersome problem they had with their car and he then demonstrated how to: repair a torn clear bra on the chin of a Sky, addressed some problem areas on leather seats, buffed out several scratches, demonstrated on Jacks red Sky that with just a little of the right products the swirl marks went away.

Then having learned a lot, we were offered a group discount for the day and some even got a very deep cash only discount on top of that! It was fantastic. I bought the machine polish kit and saved enough to buy a bunch of other product. But of course I cannot mention it where the wife might find out .

After the demonstration and buying was over, most of us went to Oscar’s Blues for lunch. We had a blast and attracted a lot of attention just driving into the parking lot as a group .

Thanks to Adam and to everyone who showed up and made it such a great time.

Don’t forget next Saturday is the barbeque and car show at Burt Chevy in Littleton.

And yes, Jack and his wife showed up. He has a red Sky with Westers tune, Kappa springs, Solo exhaust . . . very nice car. His wife is driving

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Mountain - Prairie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in