Colorado Drive Sunday? - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Colorado Drive Sunday?

The weather looks good. The battery needs charged.

Anybody want to join?

Time (Sunday) and place (Starting in Denver metro) is open.
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 08:02 PM

I will be working at the Denver Convention Center for the car show with Adam's Polishes. We set the booth up on Wednessday. There are some awesome cars already set up and it promises to be a very fun time. Come on out during your ride.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

I will be a the car show tomorrow. I will stop by and say hi
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Pre-ran it today. No sand on the roads.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 AM

Hey there. I'm a new member - a new owner of a yellow '08 Redline. Haven't had much road time in the car, as I live in Moffat County, the car is now stored in Colorado Springs, and winter finally decided to show up. Do Sky riders of Colorado ever get together for a ride, rally, or simple gathering? My handle is MLOYLO (mellow yellow), and I can't wait to put some miles behind me. Sure would be fun to do it with several "new friends" sometime. Thanks.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
The Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club has over 40 cars and close to 100 members. We are very active beginning in April. We have day cruises, car shows, weekend cruises monthly. PM me your contact info and I will ship you our 2012 calendar.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 AM Thread Starter

Not sure if the weather looks good this weekend, but...

In three weeks a friend is going to be in Denver with his Lotus. The fun part is that he and the car are from Australia!

He got the urge to drive his Louts to Alaska and is going to play around in the lower 48 till spring.

Australia to Alaska in My Lotus Elise, by Giles Cooper

Bring your car out the first Saturday of next month and see a cool car and meet some great people!

PS: Congrats on the car!

Last edited by doug_porsche; 03-07-2012 at 12:28 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 10:41 AM

Hey, Doug, thanks for the invite, but my wife and I have are committed through the first week of April, in Craig. That's Holy Week, and WE are the music department for our church. However, we're selling the house and moving to CO Springs this summer, so I hope to get us more involved after that. I look forward to meeting you soon. Have a great day!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLOYLO View Post
Hey, Doug, thanks for the invite, but my wife and I have are committed through the first week of April, in Craig. That's Holy Week, and WE are the music department for our church. However, we're selling the house and moving to CO Springs this summer, so I hope to get us more involved after that. I look forward to meeting you soon. Have a great day!
Keep looking here and/or keep bugging me. Spring is coming and my car is wanting to come out and play.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 PM

Tried to answer the PM, Doug, but my message didn't go through. Anyway, the temp in Moffat county is supposed to be in the mid-upper fifties this week. During the past decade, that was all I needed to get the bike out... but, alas, the car is a five-hour drive from here. However, I now sleep at night with the knowledge that I OWN one these things, and am not simply dreaming of the day. We're bringing the bike to Denver, April 2-4, to get some work done before I put it up for sale. Do you guys ever do a "Ride the Rockies" - a team-trip through the twisties?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 01:54 AM Thread Starter

Let me clear something up. I don't own a Sky, or even a Solstice. I drive a silly little British car, and sometimes a silly old German car, or a silly old Miata if needed.

That being said I have been part of some great Porsche group drives, S2000 group drives, mixed group drives, British group drives. I have the motto of promoting world peace by using up all the nonrenewable resources

I love fun cars and meeting the fun people who drive them.

I will either PM you or post the drives I find out about and look forward to meeting you and checking out your new car!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 05:05 PM

Well, when I rode the Goldwing on many twisted mountain roads, I gladly accompanied those who were on Harleys, BMWs, Suzukis and others. Our common bond was NOT the manufacturer of the machine, but rather the love of the wind. Though I have completed my time on two wheels, or maybe now that I have graduated to four, this philosophy I shared with many others comes with me. I look forward to some really fun days; say a group ride up Turkey Creek Canyon, lunch in Bailey, and over the top to Georgetown, before calling it a day...
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

a group ride up Turkey Creek Canyon, lunch in Bailey, and over the top to Georgetown, before calling it a day...

Sounds great!

Come on Spring!

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Mountain - Prairie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in