2008 saturn sky connector to fan module - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2008 saturn sky connector to fan module

Hey hey all, so I'm having a huge problem with my Saturn Sky. The wires on the connector were bad and I was in the process of putting new pin connectors in and the guy at AutoZone stated if I just hard-wired it directly to the terminal that would be okay for now but that turned out to be a disaster. It caused my car to overheat coolant will not even stay and the coolant reservoir and it looks like I blew a fuse. The turbo had some oil coming out of it I believe and the vehicle now will not start at all. When I turn it over it makes a winding sound and it doesn't start. From what I was told, I may have blown a gasket but I did see that I blew a fuse and replaced the number one fuse. So my goal is now to at least replace the connector and go from there. Any ideas? I know this is a nightmare for me and I don't know much about cars and I'm a single dad with limited funds but can't afford the parts at least. There are times where I spent 10 hours at a gas station fixing small things like one of the hoses that was directly underneath the windshield and I had to move so many different things.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Is your Sky turbocharged?

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Garage
The op did say the turbo had oil coming out of it so I think it is a turbo.The first thing I would do is a compression test before anything else.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I hate to miss details like that. Definitely a compression test first.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Garage
guy at AutoZone … this is a clue.

Yeah could be blown. Compression check. If the head gasket is toast, then what damage did it do the head? Over heat warps everything.
Turbo could be ok, or maybe not. Seals and shaft/impeller blades, unbalanced that can be repaired at cost. However the head, and other parts could be shot, if you compression test comes back bad. Get out your check book or credit card, this will not be inexpensive fix.

High temps, white smoke, not starting this sounds familiar to me. Had two of my cars blow out like that. One was the head gasket, one shot the piston through the block. Not fun. Not cheap either. Might have to fix the top half, and the rad/fan, plus the turbo too. Guesstamet…. on my part. IF there is less damage here, after your compression check, less damage to your checkbook/credit card too for you. This will take time to fix.

Stay with John, Robo, TS, few other here who know their stuff about our gems. I listen and keep track of what they say to look out for, what to do, or not do when it comes to issues with the Kappa.

Never listen to the guy at Autozone… check with us err the forum first.

LAC
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Hi guys, while thank you all for your input. I’m going to attach some pictures here and show you what the turbo looks like and what the air filter looks like as well. There is a solenoid underneath the turbos well they had oil on it and there was oil coming out of the top part of the engine but I also forgot to mention the car does have 160,000 miles on it as well. I’m thinking I might have to just take a loss on this entire thing but I don’t want to it’s kind of a sentimental thing. The mass airflow sensor also was dirty or look like it had some type of liquid on it as well. I know that somebody on here is from Arizona or I was trying to see if anybody could recommend another shop or something as well because I am not that inclined to fix this LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C5439BBA-0C1A-4C42-857A-656395A91689_1542730045790.jpeg
Views:	30
Size:	804.9 KB
ID:	103405   Click image for larger version

Name:	1AF43B40-DF49-491B-A0A0-830E92C72999_1542730066985.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	589.8 KB
ID:	103407   Click image for larger version

Name:	870788C0-074A-4CBF-A126-C00ED03214B2_1542730085559.jpeg
Size:	711.5 KB
ID:	103409  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

I already ordered the connector that connects to the module on the coolant fan. Replaced the fuse obviously. I had temperature issues with the coolant before but it got resolved when I had it looked at before. Originally when the cooling fan connector wires were frayed, the car would be in park the idol would go up slightly and I was told that it could possibly be the fuel pump. I already replaced the alternator, starter, and a battery as well. When I was driving on the freeway, the reduced engine light would come on and then eventually my car would stall on the freeway. So numerous people are saying different things. So far I’ve heard it could be the following:
A gasket, fuel pump, obviously the connector to the fan has to be fixed, and then when the top of the engine was making a little ticking noise like a clock, I was told that there was something regarding the timing of the crankshaft possibly? So now I don’t have power because it seems like the battery is dead and I need to put some of these parts back together because I know I can do that for sure. So to make it less confusing, the two codes that are left are more left before this happened where the crank shaft position sensor and the temperature control sensor and I will attach those error codes as well. The picture of the connector labeled number one and number two just disregard the number two I was showing somebody what the attachment or what the one piece connector comes with. Reading everyone’s suggestion, how do I get a compression test completed? I apologize for grammar and spelling I am voice texting LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	61A312C6-77FE-4E87-A44B-983C82C2D134_1542730823050.jpeg
Size:	575.6 KB
ID:	103411   Click image for larger version

Name:	AAAFBF86-7878-4E3B-89C6-B4948A9FACCC_1542730844188.jpeg
Size:	854.4 KB
ID:	103413   Click image for larger version

Name:	15D7383E-7F8A-4610-A6D7-498063FE0CD7_1542731060114.jpeg
Size:	657.0 KB
ID:	103417   Click image for larger version

Name:	715038FD-EE09-4D36-B2D1-000EF3E3F3CC_1542731083480.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	476.3 KB
ID:	103419  

Last edited by Kingconor; 11-20-2018 at 11:40 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
How was the guy at Autozone wrong? No reason you can’t bypass a connector and hardwire it. All a connector is doing connecting two wires. Sounds like you either didn’t connect it properly or have other issues.

2007 (2.4L)
Solo Cat
Magnaflo Redline dual exhaust
Werks Turbo @ 10 PSI
FE2 shocks
KappaSphere coil springs and rebar
ZOK anti-sway bars
DDM Works Latin Venom front brace, Pro Beam, Racing Back Bone
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

That’s what i thought and now that I remember, where would the white wire connect to? There wires total. I haven’t receive the connector yet but if I can have it turn on if properly wired that would help for now

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in