Available Sky - NO WAITING [Rule Discussion] - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Fast
I can fully understand the position of the moderators on this forum if the mention of an "available" Sky was made by a non supporting dealer. But I consider it nit-picking when a private individual (as I take it the poster was) tries to possibly help a wana be Sky owner out by mentioning a dealers name who has a Sky that is not spoken for. Do the "supporting vendors" have Sky's available ?...I take it the answer would be "no". From other posts it appears that the entire years production is sold out. Forum rules are made to be enforced, but reading too much into them, as in this case, seems totally unreasonable to me !!

Richard
What Spag said
post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 01:20 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to marklynn70 Send a message via Yahoo to marklynn70 Send a message via Skype™ to marklynn70
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBaby
Ok... i do agree with that point.. BUT..... if there aint no OBVIOUS HOLES TO AFFIX IT TO. SkyBaby-07
Here is a photo of the front of Little Missy. Look right where the arrows are pointing and see if you already have holes there to mount it too. The licence plate frame that comes with it is contoured for our bumpers and has soft foam on the back of it between the plastic and the paint. I still have my front licence plate bracket if you want it PM me and I am sure we can work it out. I don't need mine as I registered her in Florida and they only require 1 plate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Licence plate holes.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1769  

Mark
Black Onyx B/R Interior
_00565_

"Little Missy"
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 01:33 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Isn't the solution to simply post that the vehicle is available and to ask you, off-line, for details if interested?

I don't seem to understand the necessity of getting into a political, moral or economic debate over a seemingly simple solution.

Silver Graphite 2.4L
Pre-Order: 4/06
Order Date: 9/27/06
To Dealer: 10/17/06
Picked up: 10/18/06
VIN: 14489

Traded in 4/25/09 for 2009 Ford Mustang convertible
post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 01:56 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

MACH SKY
RL Auto(Stomp 'n Go),Tan/Tan 6 CD,XM,Chrome
Home 11/05/06
http://cafepress.com/wholesky
http://cafepress.com/RichDesign
http://richmcclelland.imagekind.com
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 02:13 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

?

So is this what happens when good ideas go bad? I like rules and all but it seems the original poster had good intentions, even if the rules were not obeyed which is too bad. I'd have to say no matter how well intended someone is, if he does not follow the rules/guidelines when taking actions, then his merit is greatly decreased. As a teacher, I see this all the time, students want to do something nice, but they break the school's rules to do it, in the end they get in trouble, argue, and nothing is resolved or reflected by their original intentions, just that they were "trouble."

My 3 cents...

"Silvana"
ManTrans - LSD
Red Premium Trim
Micro Ant - 6 Disc - Chrome - Spoiler
Kappa Shielded - Splash Guarded - GM Tonneau (Useless)
Magnaflow Exhaust - GM Intake Chilled - Saturn Motorsports Flashed
13" Front & Rear Brakes + Red Cal
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 03:29 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I posted yesterday about 2 Skys that I know will be available soon. I never mentioned the dealer, only the state. I asked people to private message me for more info. Isn't this site for people that want the hottest car around? And if I can maybe help them get it, what's wrong with that? I can't find my post anywhere now.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple black
I posted yesterday about 2 Skys that I know will be available soon. I never mentioned the dealer, only the state. I asked people to private message me for more info. Isn't this site for people that want the hottest car around? And if I can maybe help them get it, what's wrong with that? I can't find my post anywhere now.
You prolly can't find it because one of the mods removed the thread.

Again, it goes back to the spirit of the rule, what's to stop a dealer from giving you the info, then you post it on the forum, say PM me for details... you see where I'm going.

There is a "wanted to buy" section now. IF a member is wanting a SKY, then they can post the request in there with the specs. If someone is posting they want a SKY, and you see it, then PM the person, but just don't act as a dealer agent (which is essentially what you are doing when you find vehicles available and say "PM me for details").

We actually had a couple of issues on solsticeforum where people were doing exactly what you were doing - and were getting "finder fees" for hooking up desperate solsticeforum members with dealerships. Clearly, this is using the community of the forum for PERSONAL gain.

It all boils down to this - if you are not a supporting vendor or dealer, then you should basically not promote or offer for sale anything YOU DON'T DIRECTLY OWN. Offer your own car for sale, your own parts for sale, that service is free for you here. DON'T offer group buys without contacting Brentil and figuring out details first, and DON'T offer for sale or promote products or vehicles you don't own.

There are better tools out there for finding vehicles anyways - autotrader, the phone book/bigbook.com, saturn.com "locate a vehicle", and a phone call...
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Administrator

Besides, if/when we do get a supporting dealer, you're just taking the opportunity to offer their own cars for sale by acting as a vehicle scout for other dealerships.

I understand the spirit of wanting to help members, but frankly, without this site much of the community here would be either swallowed (by joining saturnfans or GMI or cheers and gears) or exist in another forum. This site grew BEFORE any of the commercial issues started up, so the community is not "commercial" based.

Troy has a lot of experience in commercial models for forums.
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Since I started this whole mess...

it has led to an interesting discussion, and I have enjoyed it. But as for me, being a good rule-follower, I am not going to post about any more available cars. In fact, I probably won't post much of anything at all. I'm sure I'll be told if there is a rule against that buried deep in a thread over at the Studebaker forum or something.

Sorry for causing all the trouble.
post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 09:09 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Can you list all the Saturn Dealers that support this forum?
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
First 2000

Hello
To those who don't like the rules of this forum, why don't you start your own? I am a members of several Sky forums.
post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 10:36 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

So the short of it seems to be that if any members on this forum find out about a product that performs well or benefits their Sky owning experience in any way whatever, they are NOT allowed to recommend or even mention it on this forum unless it is being sold by a current vender or "possible" future vender. I think this is a total diservice to anyone on the forum. I think the moderators are going overboard by enforcing "grey" areas. I frequent many forums including corvetteforum and people there have more freedom....because the rules are different...no, because they use common sense in enforcing them.

I think a Big Deal was made out of nothing when 2 people wanted to let others know where Skys were available....ESPECIALLY in light of this forum NOT even having any Saturn dealers as paid sponsors.
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 10:44 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple black
Can you list all the Saturn Dealers that support this forum?
1. Zero
2. Zilch
3. Maybe Someday
4. Possibly Whenever
5. Hopefully Soon
6. Not Today
7. In Waiting

Did I omit any of the paid sponsoring dealers??
post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 11:09 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I respect the rules of this forum. It's just that this forum is here to help all the members. I am trying to help them get their Sky faster, if at all. I have no financial gain. I could care less where you get your Sky. But, if I can help guide someone then I think I should be able to do it. None of this forum's sponsors sells cars. They should want everyone of us to own one so maybe they could sell more accessories. I know this might be going 1 step too far but I feel strongly that we are here to help each other and give each other some needed advice about what I consider a revolutionary car.

Last edited by triple black; 04-25-2006 at 11:18 PM.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdigiant
it has led to an interesting discussion, and I have enjoyed it. But as for me, being a good rule-follower, I am not going to post about any more available cars. In fact, I probably won't post much of anything at all. I'm sure I'll be told if there is a rule against that buried deep in a thread over at the Studebaker forum or something.

Sorry for causing all the trouble.
jdigant, you haven't caused any trouble - normal growing pains that I guess I should have tempered in my own post. Literally, a few months ago, we just went through all of this on Solsticeforum, and it led to some heated discussion.

Please feel free to participate here, and don't mind me...

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in