F/S Low Priced SKYs - Page 3 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 338 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
2007, Manual, Silver, 120K Miles, $5,500, Houston, TX
2007 Sky Convertable Sportscar (pic)
post #32 of 338 (permalink) Old 04-26-2016, 03:14 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
2007 Yellow 5 speed

2007 Sky 77343 miles...Yellow, leather black seats, dual exh, spoiler, alloy wheels, manual 5 speed, clear bra...$8000 ...has been my weekend fun car in great shape ...has been garaged (is that a word, lol)... ready to let someone else have fun

anyone interested "pm" me

cheers!

Sunburst Yellow
The Dream Continues ...

Last edited by SunburstSky; 05-03-2016 at 09:54 AM.
post #33 of 338 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

2007, Manual, Silver, 109K Miles, $6,000, Orlando, FL
2007 sky (pics)
post #34 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My BlackBeauty 2008 Saturn Sky RedLine Turbo is for sale - Atlanta, GA
$13000
72K miles and runs like a charm!! Excellent condition in and out (minor paint chips) Everything works as it should, absolutely no issues whatsoever. 2nd owner (previous owner did some mods)

Email me and I can send pictures (but if you've seen one, you've seen them all) LOL Kim
post #35 of 338 (permalink) Old 05-09-2016, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Regarding the ad for the 2007 Sky Redline in Miami... I just bought it for $5100... the guy showed me before pics of the damage [not bad at all... no airbag deployment, front fender left and front bumper], anyway car was his daily driver last 2 months, drives to me like a new car, no issues rock solid and smooth shifting, boosting to 16, no vibes at 80mph, interior no issues... I feel like I really got a good deal after looking around for a while... after sitting in traffic temp did creep up to like 201 but after reading up some I think that's normal?.... Anyway just joined the forum and had to post this after reading that you guys were asking about it... only problem is its yellow and black and I am a RAVEN FAN!!! lol
christopher_2 likes this.
post #36 of 338 (permalink) Old 09-21-2016, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
congrats

Great find!

SkyK!ng
G.I. NE
[email protected]
post #37 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Salvage, 2008, 2.4 Manual, Bluestone, 84,000 Miles, $4,800 Miles, Drivers side quarter panel damage.
2008 Saturn Sky (pics)
post #38 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 09:22 PM

IF you buy a car with a salvage title, find out whether you can get comprehensive or collision coverage. When I checked on such a situation a couple of years ago I was told these coverages were not available in my area on salvage titled cars. You will have to decide if you want to risk your 5K plus investment if you use it on the road, as opposed to a track car.
post #39 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Garage
I own a salvage title vehicle in the state of California. It is covered by State Farm, and has no difference in value than the other one that is not a salvage title vehicle.

I actually pay more a year for it as it is a year newer. I asked this question of my State Farm representative not more than a month ago, when I decided to make an attempt to buy the flood damaged Solstice coupe in Mississippi. I was again told that if it was licensed in the state of California, Salvage/Rebuild it would carry the same insurance as the other two. Value would be the same in a total loss/collision payoff.

These cars have very little value currently. If you have a normal accident, you can almost guarantee it will be totaled. I am going on claimed value on my cars. May cost a little more, but better than a total loss

I think it depends on carrier.
post #40 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-04-2016, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skersfan View Post
I own a salvage title vehicle in the state of California. It is covered by State Farm, and has no difference in value than the other one that is not a salvage title vehicle.

I actually pay more a year for it as it is a year newer. I asked this question of my State Farm representative not more than a month ago, when I decided to make an attempt to buy the flood damaged Solstice coupe in Mississippi. I was again told that if it was licensed in the state of California, Salvage/Rebuild it would carry the same insurance as the other two. Value would be the same in a total loss/collision payoff.

These cars have very little value currently. If you have a normal accident, you can almost guarantee it will be totaled. I am going on claimed value on my cars. May cost a little more, but better than a total loss

I think it depends on carrier.
And the State; mine was also a request made to a State Farm agent, but here in New York. I would definitely have bought a salvage titled vehicle if I could have gotten collision and comprehensive. I would still buy a lightly damaged parts car if I just had a place to keep one...

I think the 'totalling' issue has been present for several years judging from the postings I have seen. The relatively low car value and limited parts availability for what must be considered a relatively low production mass market car are major factors, but another factor is the safety built into cars- over a certain impact level they crumple to protect us, but bend a lot of expensive parts in the process. This works so effectively that the airbags often were not even triggered. The absence of salvage yard or aftermarket parts raise the costs as well.
post #41 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
I have agreed value through Haggerty mine is not salvage so don't know if they would (since they deal with collector cars probably). Mine is not a DD and I need one other car for each licensed drive in the house. The agreed value $30k.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #42 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Garage
I have not done the claimed value on the Yellow or Green one, but have 75K on the Mallett. It was appraised at 75K so figured I need to up the insurance to that, was only 60 bucks more.

I would most likely do the yellow one at 30K, I do have a lot of money in it.

The green one will continue with regular insurance. I bought it cheap due to the salvage title.
post #43 of 338 (permalink) Old 10-07-2016, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Garage
My truck is salvage title. Got it in 2007 with 34K on it. Have 210K on it now and not a problem other than a weepy power steering pump (and by weeky I mean I may need to add fluid once a year). I can have full coverage on it but since I don't drive it often (and it probably isn't worth much) I just leave the basic on it.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #44 of 338 (permalink) Old 11-01-2016, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

2007, 2.4, Manual, Silver, 123,000 $5,200, Houston, TX, one owner car
2007 Saturn Sky (pics)
post #45 of 338 (permalink) Old 11-02-2016, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
Miller, will do. Unfortunately, low priced SKYs don't come up nearly as much as Sols (I also do a low price Solstice thread). They also seem to be averaging closer to 6K, rather the the Sol 5K.
Cross link? For those of us who may be a little lazy?

Edit: never mind, lol

F/S Low Price Solstices - Pontiac Solstice Forum

Be a part of the solution!
and
DFTT
--
In fond rememberance... We miss ya' Skip, but we'll never ferget ya! :)
--

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in