FS: Hydro Blue Sky, 5-speed, 2k original miles - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
FS: Hydro Blue Sky, 5-speed, 2k original miles

Hello - I am considering selling my pristine Hydro Blue Sky. It has only 2,600 original miles, and is in showroom condition. The car is absolutely stunning, drives perfect, everything works, etc. One of the best looking and fun-to-drive cars I've owned. It is always parked indoors under a custom-fit cover (included in the sale). I purchased it earlier this year, and am only selling in an effort to turn 2 barely-used sports cars into one PM me if interested. If you're looking for one of these - this is it. You will not be disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1009.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	103161   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1008.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	103163  
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 06:00 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Garage
Another AMAZING FIND....even if it is not a R/L...to me it is better. And it comes with an Opel antenna. Now that is a PLUS.

Last edited by marlboromike; 10-31-2018 at 07:45 PM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
1) automatic or stick shift (2) to further interest, city state where located. And to really get people interested, post the VIN, then they know how it is equipped from the factory. (No, I don't know of anyone whom can steal your car with the VIN number. I've published my VIN willingly and still have my SKY, LOL)
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-31-2018, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44thSKY View Post
1) automatic or stick shift (2) to further interest, city state where located. And to really get people interested, post the VIN, then they know how it is equipped from the factory. (No, I don't know of anyone whom can steal your car with the VIN number. I've published my VIN willingly and still have my SKY, LOL)
Oh, right - I may have missed a few bullet-points. Sorry!

* The car is a 5-speed (As the subject Title states). For those who don't know - it means its a stick shift. The car shifts like butter.

* The car is located in CT (area code 06489). Totally forgot to mention that.

* VIN # is 1G8MD35B39Y107957

Let me know if I forgot anything else and I'll be glad to provide it.

All the best---

Last edited by monro; 10-31-2018 at 08:20 PM.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1621 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by monro View Post
Oh, right - I may have missed a few bullet-points. Sorry!

* The car is a 5-speed (As the subject Title states). For those who don't know - it means its a stick shift. The car shifts like butter.

All the best---
While you stated it's a stick shift, for other ads you may want to know that both the Manual and Automatic transmissions in our are 5-speeds so just stating 5-speed may not communicate the fact that it's a manual.
44thSKY and davhamm like this.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 01:28 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to SaturnSkyDude
Beautiful car!! According to Carfax, the first owner purchased and maintained this car in PA. The second (and current) owner was reported June 20, 2018 in Connecticut. According to Carfax, the ignition switch recall was done but the airbag PPS recall has not been done yet.

_

Drove My Redline home top down on 12/12/06
Silver Pearl / Black Leather
5 Speed LSD
Chrome Wheels
6-Disc CD Monsoon
Stubby B Antenna
JPM Leather Console Cover
Enjoying Another Cancer Free Day
https://bethematch.org/
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-01-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnSkyDude View Post
Beautiful car!! According to Carfax, the first owner purchased and maintained this car in PA. The second (and current) owner was reported June 20, 2018 in Connecticut. According to Carfax, the ignition switch recall was done but the airbag PPS recall has not been done yet.
SSDude, thanks for the VIN report. No concerns there as far as I'm concerned.

The one thing that has always puzzled me is the recalls. Not referring to you, but often times I get the feeling that some folks seem to think you have to have gotten all the recalls taken care of before you should/can sell a Kappa. Now why would that issue be of concern prior OR post sale??........ the recall is no charge and is a factory expense. Other than some buyers not wanting the inconvenience, what difference does it make? IMHO. (absent unresolved recalls preventing sales between Canada and the US in 2017)
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 08:37 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 44thSKY View Post
SSDude, thanks for the VIN report. No concerns there as far as I'm concerned.

The one thing that has always puzzled me is the recalls. Not referring to you, but often times I get the feeling that some folks seem to think you have to have gotten all the recalls taken care of before you should/can sell a Kappa. Now why would that issue be of concern prior OR post sale??........ the recall is no charge and is a factory expense. Other than some buyers not wanting the inconvenience, what difference does it make? IMHO. (absent unresolved recalls preventing sales between Canada and the US in 2017)
I believe some states have passed laws now that require dealers to get all the recalls done before they can sell a used car.

Reminds me we never did the seat pad recall on our Sky this summer. Oops

So whats the going price for this car?
$30k

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO

Last edited by davhamm; 11-06-2018 at 08:39 AM.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post
I believe some states have passed laws now that require dealers to get all the recalls done before they can sell a used car.

$30k
Dave, I'd agree the dealer would absolutely do all recalls anyway as the factory is paying (probably a good high rate for any recall billing). Of course if there is no factory solution offered yet, that would put a dealer in a pickle (aka, a bad place, LOL).

Tried in June to get the dealer to assure they had the parts to do our SKY PPS recall, but they never called back. So that is also outstanding for us too.

You may be stretching just a bit on the 30K, ..... only since it is a NA. If the seller is looking for an estimate of what forum members would pay, IMO that won't be a realistic figure of that car's value. It might be possible to find a member with 'a burning desire' for just that car, if it were a Redline. But members here have one, two, or more Kappas now. That will tend to make the value discussion at a lower figure. When 'monro' decides to sell his/her Kappa, I'd focus elsewhere to market that car.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post

$30k
No - Not $30k. I didn't buy this car as an investment, and as such, I'm not looking to make a dime.

Years ago I would frequently search online for a Hydro Blue SE sky. They are absolutely gorgeous (especially in this color, IMO) but their rarity had proven them to be elusive. As the years went by, my hope and enthusiasm for actually finding one had faded pretty significantly, but I would occasionally still poke around and see what's out there. In the meantime, my heart had been pulled in a different direction car-wise when this Sky happened to show up for sale a few towns away (what are the odds?!). Having seen it with my own eyes and knowing that an opportunity like this would literally never come again, I decided to buy it. It is absolutely stunning, but I know I will never put more than 100 miles/year on it, and I've decided to give up the Sky and the Twin Turbo 300zx for just one 'super' car. Giving your wife her garage space back? Priceless.

I'm asking $22.5k, which I think is very reasonable for an as-new Hydro Blue SE. It is an absolute sweetheart and I'm sure it will make someone extremely happy. I agree that advertising this car to a group of enthusiasts who probably already own a Sky may be futile, but I also think that they are the ones who would appreciate it the most.. ..so why not!

Cheers
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1621 Post(s)
Garage
I think for the mileage if someone believes the Hydro blue to be collectible, this would be a nice example and could pull this amount if in pristine condition. Looks like it is.

As for the recall info, it varies it seems here in CA. I had one dealer who wouldn't sell me a car because the ignition recall wasn't done and parts were two months out. Then I found my blue car and the dealer had no issue selling it without the recall being done so long as I was aware of it...which I was since I told them about it.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
AS I have researched the saleability of open recall vehicles I have found no laws anywhere that prohibit their sale, but I have seen laws that do require notification. There have also been quite a few reports of dealers that won't sell them on principle, including some that still take them in for trade, even knowing that parts are not presently available to satisfy the recall.

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

The Twin turbo 300zx just sold, so I will probably be a little more aggressive in selling the Sky (i.e. advertising it somewhere other than this forum). Let me know if any of you have an interest - I'll be entertaining serious offers. No disappointments!
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

OK folks - I found the car that I'd like to buy, so the Sky needs a new home. First reasonable offer takes this pristine beauty queen home!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1377.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	666.7 KB
ID:	103687   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1375.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	463.3 KB
ID:	103689   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1406.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	103691   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1402 (1).jpg
Views:	94
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	103693  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Nice low mileage car. Hope you are able to sell it quickly. What car are you hoping to buy?

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line SE Ruby Red 5M
Trifecta tune
Windrestrictor
DDM short shifter
DDM brace bundle
Solo Performance Quad Tips
Lil' Chromies
Full LED lights
LED footwell lights
Trunk Gas Strut Mod
Kappa Rack
JPM Leather Console

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in