FS: Hydro Blue Sky, 5-speed, 2k original miles - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky By Nite View Post
Nice low mileage car. Hope you are able to sell it quickly. What car are you hoping to buy?
Thank you

I've got my sights set on a Viper. I've been staring at the little 1/24 scale models on my desk here at work for long enough. It's time for the real thing.

Entertaining any sensible offer on the Sky - she's gotta go! No disappointments with this Hydro.
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is this vehicle still for sale. If so, please contact me at ( [email protected]) or (336) 682-0135.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Any interest? I'd like to move the car asap, so I'm entertaining offers - thanks!
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWR View Post
AS I have researched the saleability of open recall vehicles I have found no laws anywhere that prohibit their sale, but I have seen laws that do require notification. There have also been quite a few reports of dealers that won't sell them on principle, including some that still take them in for trade, even knowing that parts are not presently available to satisfy the recall.
Same up here in Canada. Outstanding recalls didn't affect saleability but for some idiotic reason did prevent export of the cars across the border. Preventing the shipping of a car from Canada to the US when all of the cars in question in both countries were in the same boat, with unfulfilled recall requirements made no sense.

Agree that full disclosure by dealer to buyer would be advisable and possibly also legally required.

BTW, that colour is one of my favourite Kappa colours!

1957 Jamaican MGA
1958 MGA Twincam
1962 MGA Coupe
1971 Jensen Interceptor
2007 BMW Z4M coupe
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe
departed
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster,
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC

Last edited by wspohn; 01-22-2019 at 12:16 PM.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Listed on Autotrader now: https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

I'm not good with a camera, but she's like brand new.
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Good luck with the sale, it's a beautiful car. I've always loved, loved the wheels on the Special Editions...
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_bartle View Post
Good luck with the sale, it's a beautiful car. I've always loved, loved the wheels on the Special Editions...
Thanks! I should also mention that in addition to the custom-fit car cover, the car comes with a new wind-deflector (with instructions/hardware; not installed yet), a 2009 Sky sales brochure (no mention of Hydro Blue!), along with the usual - two keys/fobs, manual, etc.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Spring is here and it's time to move the Sky. Price lowered to $19.9k. All important details are in the original post. The car is like new, and I hope to find it a good home.
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Final posting here on the forum. I'd like to move the Sky asap, so I'm willing to accept any reasonable offer. You will get a very fair deal on a like-new Hydro Sky

Here is a photo of the car while I was moving toys around in preparation for the Uconn car show (Can you find it?). Of the hundreds of other cars present, there was only one other Sky at the show. Needless to say, my car was very well received. Zipping along the highway alongside 3 other friends in their cool rides has been the highlight of my year so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	068.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	651.2 KB
ID:	104933  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monro View Post
Final posting here on the forum. I'd like to move the Sky asap, so I'm willing to accept any reasonable offer. You will get a very fair deal on a like-new Hydro Sky

Here is a photo of the car while I was moving toys around in preparation for the Uconn car show (Can you find it?). Of the hundreds of other cars present, there was only one other Sky at the show. Needless to say, my car was very well received. Zipping along the highway alongside 3 other friends in their cool rides has been the highlight of my year so far.
Have you tried posting this on Hemmings or Ebay? Regardless take LOTS of pics all angles, engine bay, underside, etc, and post a video on YT if possible.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
Have you tried posting this on Hemmings or Ebay? Regardless take LOTS of pics all angles, engine bay, underside, etc, and post a video on YT if possible.
Good advice - I took a whole bunch of new photos this weekend. What a difference a decent camera can make.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...NX=PSEMAILLEAD
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Now on Craigslist. $19,900.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...883340922.html (pics)

For sale is my Saturn Sky Hydro Blue Limited Edition roadster. One of 89 produced in this spectacular color, this car is like brand new with only 2,600 original miles. This sporty little convertible is fully loaded, featuring a 6-disc cd changer, power windows, mirrors and locks, A/C, Onstar, 18 inch wheels with like new tires.

This vehicle is pristine. As the second adult owner of the car, there are no modifications or changes from original manufacture. It is only driven in good weather, and otherwise stays in a garage under a custom-fit cover (included in the sale). The 5-speed manual transmission shifts perfectly and the car runs like new. Everything works as it should. The paint is virtually flawless, and the interior looks like it's never been sat in. This is quite possibly one of the finest Sky's out there, in arguably the best color available. No disappointments.

I am downsizing the collection, so the Sky needs a new home. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you--
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
Now on Craigslist. $19,900.

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...883340922.html (pics)

-
Thanks, CT. Price lowered to 19.3k. Time to go!
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
were you able to sell it.??

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in