Selling My Sky in Houston (2 weeks wait) - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 10:57 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you had "bought" the car, drove it awhile and really didn't like it, that's one thing. I mean, that's bound to happen to maybe a few folks. In that case... the dealership would even "take it back".

To have not taken delivery and to start soliciting buyers... well, that's bound to stir up a fuss for those who are patiently waiting for their own. I'm SURE the dealer would also like you to just say "No sir, I don't like it", so they can offer it to other people who have put their name on the waiting list AT THAT DEALERSHIP. The dealer still has the option of customizing this car to suit the next buyer, versus the "as-is" deal you are offering.

Even with the clear profit motive laid out on the table (and upping the price because you can appeal to the *desire factor* this car elicits), I feel that this group is probably not the best place to make your appeal.

I'm just speaking for myself here, but I'd personally not consider buying it unless it came from a dealer at this point. (Yes, I own stock, but I am also not a greed Buy/Sell person)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 11:41 AM

The Good News: It's a free country.

The Bad News: It's a free country....
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

so let me get this straight....
a dealer can buy and sell cars at a higher price.... and it's acceptable... an individual does it... and it's a no no??
come on folks... life is one big business transaction...... there's nothin wrong with me buying and selling something for profit.. it's all about supply and demand....

my intentions never was to buy and sell off the Sky.. i was excited about this car the minute i saw a snapshot of it online... so i went to get one... readin all the entries on here.. of course majority of them will be positive feedbacks... but i ventured off onto other Saturn sites.. and behold... it was like a pandora's box opening.... the complaints about the quality and service of Saturn outweigh the goods...
believe it or not.. a 30K investment is STILL a 30K investment.... no one in their right mind would invest that much into something they just "like"....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 02:53 PM

Moved to the for sale section, remember from this point on this sub section has policies against throwing cold water on a sale thread and derailing the topic.

Save the Kappa!
A grassroots movement to save the Kappa platform based cars.
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-16-2006, 03:27 PM

Since this thread has long been "derailed," the issue is not that dealers can do it but you can't.... The point was that we complain about dealers doing it and you are doing it too. That was the irony.

That's all..... Hope you sell your car to the highest bidder (to bring the thread back on point).

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in