SKys on the ground ready to buy? - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SKys on the ground ready to buy?

Hey Everybody,
I want to buy a Sky now rather then wait. Who knows of any Skys sitting on dealer lots? Autotrader is showing a few but most of them are out on the East Coast which would be a very long drive back. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 10:19 AM

if the one you want is on the east coast then buy it and have it shipped.it won't cost more than 750 to take it all the way across the country. That is a small price to pay to have one now and not have to be put 50th os some list.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

Anybody aware of any Skys sitting on the lot of their local dalerships? It seems like a lot of these Autotrader adds don't include real cars but rather are just posted with an imaginary car to get people to order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 12:34 PM

I know when I was waiting on my delivery I contacted a ton in California and some in Las Vegas and all were just adding people to waiting lists.

I think the only way right now is to get lucky and find one at a dealer that everyone on the list passed up. Even private sales are pretty rare.

I have mine for sale but I have not been really pushing to sell it because I actually enjoy the car a lot, my wife is just complaining because I bought a manual and no one in the family but me can drive manual, haha.

Mine is just under 500 miles and I have been following the dealer run in procedure.

Good luck finding one, they are a blast to drive.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 12:43 PM

I find when I've called on some of these cars allegedly in the lot..they were "just sold yesterday". I'm sure thats occasionally the case, but I fear in some cases some dealers are just racking up new orders with a new twist on the "bait and switch"--the "bait and wait". There was a report here some time ago about a dealer who had taken deposits on something like 200-300% above his allotment.
Be careful who you deal with. A dealer could pocket 5 grand a year for nothing by taking 100 orders on cars he doesn't have. Not a ton of money, but 5 K for absolutely free would pay for some dealershio bills.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 12:51 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Go to the Saturn site and go to locate a vehicle. Then call all in the distance you are willing to drive or fly.I did this for the heck of it a few week's ago an found 3 in Ct. Make sure you ask if it's MSRP and no dealership add on's. Also ask them if they have any due in that are not sold. Alot of dealer's ordered for the dealership inventory.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1707 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBos
I find when I've called on some of these cars allegedly in the lot..they were "just sold yesterday". I'm sure thats occasionally the case, but I fear in some cases some dealers are just racking up new orders with a new twist on the "bait and switch"--the "bait and wait".
I agree that the bait and wait thing does happen...and sucks too. However, i bet the "just sold yesterday" is probably true with this car at the moment. I've heard of these cars being sold to someone as they rolled off the hauler!

I got lucky with my car...I bought it right off the showroom floor. But I was lucky. I had three Skies to choose from that weekend and that's rare. I'd call around, but I'd be sure to have cash on hand if you're dealing with an out of state sale. Chances are if you find one the car won't be there by the time you get to the dealer unless you've "Bought" it over the phone. And talk about risky.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 04:54 PM

Robo, thats interesting. Did you pay MSRP when you bought it off the showroom floor? Were the cars there pretty heavily equipped?

If its close to what you want, I think there's no problem buying on the spot.

I've ordered Silver Pearl--but I'd take the Black, Graphite, Red, or the Dark Blue in a second.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1707 Post(s)
Garage
The first one was a base model. Cloth seats, no steering wheel controls, manual, etc. It was silver graphite (love that color). They also had a fully loaded Silver Pearl (which is what I had on order and really didn't like it once I saw it) but it was an Auto.

The other was a Green/Tan combo. It was loaded like mine was but I didn't want green or tan...

The Blue one I got has leather, manual, Monsoon Single disk, but no LSD...the only thing I wanted and didn't get. Everything else was perfect. Yellow was my first choice but blue was definately second/third (second after seeing the silver).

I paid MSRP +$300 for a pre-installed alarm which was originally marked up to $3,000...hell no was I going to pay that for it. But for $300 over and less than the one I had on order (which had the LSD, Monsoon 6-disk, XM, and Chrome wheels...of which only the LSD did I REALLY want) it was worth it.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 07:32 PM

Never been that hung up on a specific color option car in the cars I've bought over the years. So if a car is close to what you want or you like it, hell yeah, go for it, so you can drive instead of talking about driving it.
Chris
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-12-2006, 08:12 PM

Sky for sale in MI

My dealer called me on Thursday and asked if I wanted to buy the black dealer sky that they have had on hand for over a month just to show potential buyers. It is a black auto with the factory aftermarket wheel pkg. Do not know price as I am #2 on the list for a redline so didnt want. Zip in MI for the dealer is 49424.
Yamahauler

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in