Who has best Car Insurance Rates? - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnieRL View Post
USAA here. I love them. Best customer service.
Agree Vinnie!

USAA has the best customer service. I've had calls from other insurance companies, and when I tell them I have USAA, they usually say, "ok, thank you for your time."

- 2001 SL2
- 2002 LW-300
- 2007 Sky Redline Silver w/ Red Interior (Currently For Sale)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
I just ran through the Hagerty's link, and if they provide comparable coverage (apples to apples) as my State Farm, I'm going with Hagerty!
It was 422/year!! I've been thinking that State Farm was kind of high even though I have other stuff with them.

Great thread. Thank you for the bump!

This Sky's not perfect, but it's perfect...for me
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 44thSKY
As mentioned in other posts, there are just tons of variables for each of us, thus comparing rates is really impossible. In addition, it is my understanding that our credit score also figures into our rates.

I just start shopping for rates when I get the feeling there have been too many rate increases without claims to justify such. Then, just weigh the pros and cons of the new company and make a decision.

The last change I made was after years with a company the rates began jumping. I shopped and found the same coverage at just 50% of what I was paying. After four or five, 6-month billings, there have been only modest increases with the largest just under 3%. And, as we see in all the previous posts, each of us has a different experience with different companies. So the names of the companies I have used really are only applicable to my wife and me, our driving record, where we live, our bill paying history, etc.. I think it has always been just shop until you are satisfied, IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-08-2017, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by expostdelirium View Post
I just ran through the Hagerty's link, and if they provide comparable coverage (apples to apples) as my State Farm, I'm going with Hagerty!
It was 422/year!! I've been thinking that State Farm was kind of high even though I have other stuff with them.

Great thread. Thank you for the bump!
Just remember Hagerty is for "collector" or special cars, as such this is not Daily driver insurance. You must have another car for each registered driver at that address. Car must be garage stored. a few other more open ended restrictions. But thats where I had my corvair and now Sky they were great when I had to make a claim on the corvair.
GJinNY likes this.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in