Who Need A Spare Wheel And Tire! - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who Need A Spare Wheel And Tire!

Hello everyone, I just bought new chrome wheels with tires for my sky. I have a full set of 4 painted alloys with the tires mounted on that came off of my car. They have 1100 miles on them and are in excellent shape! I would like to make it easy on my self and sell all 4 to one person, but I would be willing to sell them one at a time. My dealer tells me a replacement wheel which he told me he couldn't get anyway right now would cost $600 the tires cost $226 on tirerack an also are not available at this time. so if anyone would like to have one ready and waiting in their garage in case something happens ( curb, flat etc.) PM me and we can work out a deal. I will try an post picture's as soon as possible ( I don't own a camera) but you can take my word for it that the wheels and tires are in like brand new condition Thanks John

Imaged April 10, Vin 3706, Silver Pearl, Red Leather, Chrome Wheels,Single Disc Monsoon, Spoiler, LSD, Kappa CAI,SMS Shorty Headers, Magnaflow Dual Quads.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:45 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Garage
lets see the pics of the new chrome wheels on your car...
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:49 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

are the wheels the same on the sol as the sky? if they are I might very well (No pun intended) be interested.

Vin 2896 Deep, Loaded Except XM 17000 Miles oh and NO A/C gonna see how summer is without it...
You buy a solstice or a sky because you fall in love....You buy an MX5 because you haven't seen a solstice or a sky yet...
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike
lets see the pics of the new chrome wheels on your car...
My 18 year old son has a camera, and trying to track him down is difficult but as soon as I can I will post picture's with the chrome wheels, I might not have been clear about the chrome but i bought the OEM chrome which I couldn't get when I ordered my car so now I have the car exactly like I wanted it to be. So I won't have any picture's that you haven't already seen from any fellow members. Silver Pearl with chrome I love the look myself, with the red interior, its neat to see something you really want and then go out and get it!!

Imaged April 10, Vin 3706, Silver Pearl, Red Leather, Chrome Wheels,Single Disc Monsoon, Spoiler, LSD, Kappa CAI,SMS Shorty Headers, Magnaflow Dual Quads.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewsolstice
are the wheels the same on the sol as the sky? if they are I might very well (No pun intended) be interested.
I'm almost postive the wheels on the solstice are different. I'm also pretty sure the sky wheels will fit the solstice so it would be a different look, a solstice with sky wheels

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 02:24 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Let us know if you decide to break up the set. Can you ship wheels and tires without having to box them? Any idea of cost to ship to Texas?

TX-Sky
Forest Green/Tan top/Tan & Black leather interior
5sp, spoiler, CAI, splash guards
Cast Chrome wheels, VIN - 2781
License Plate: TX-SKY
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-Sky
Let us know if you decide to break up the set. Can you ship wheels and tires without having to box them? Any idea of cost to ship to Texas?
It's still early but I wouldn't be surprised if I break up the set. I assume their is a market for a spare wheel and tire especially with how much you would have to pay separately for just a wheel or tire by itself. I'd just as soon sell all 4 at once just to make it easier. I thought I would try the forum 1st and then e-bay. I don't know if this helps but I paid $120.00 for shipping for the chrome wheels and tires and that was from Houston TX to St.Louis MO they where 2 wheels and tires to a box. Those baby's are heavy! I don't know if the company I bought the wheels gets a deal from UPS because they ship so much. The shipping was $120.00 for the lower 48 states didn't matter which state.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 07:54 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Send a message via AIM to SkyHi07 Send a message via MSN to SkyHi07 Send a message via Yahoo to SkyHi07
I would be willing to buy one wheel and tire. I live 2 hours north of St. Louis, so I could come get it, or you could bring it to the next BN Crusie in, and I'll pay for your gas!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 08:02 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

I would like to buy 1 maybe 2. I have alot on my plate now and thats all I can afford now. PM me with a ballpark price. UPS is best for me here in Richmond Va. Thanks
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 11:41 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynewsolstice
The wheels are different, the Solstice has Flat spokes and the Sky has more triangular shaped ones...

Tim
Johnson City, Tenessee
Former proud owner of 2 Skys 2007 and 2008
NOW a Proud owner of a 2012 Chevy Camaro!
But I still love Skys!
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 02:57 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Tread pattern?

Are the treads uni-directional? or are the tires mounted a particular way on each side of the car? If someone buys one wheel/tire that came off your passenger side and needs to use it on their driver side - they might have to have the tire taken off the rim and reversed.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil GTO
Are the treads uni-directional? or are the tires mounted a particular way on each side of the car? If someone buys one wheel/tire that came off your passenger side and needs to use it on their driver side - they might have to have the tire taken off the rim and reversed.
They are not uni-directional they can be mounted anywhere front or back,left or right. However I did mark the inside of the wheel with a pencil so I know where the wheel came from.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hi John,

I would be interested in 1 if any are left. Email a price your looking for and we'll see what we can do. Thanks--OR if you already put them on ebay let me know. Thanks again! O What would shipping to South Florida be you think??

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues
Hi John,

I would be interested in 1 if any are left. Email a price your looking for and we'll see what we can do. Thanks--OR if you already put them on ebay let me know. Thanks again! O What would shipping to South Florida be you think??
Sorry MidniteBlues, They are all gone already.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowMeSky
Sorry MidniteBlues, They are all gone already.
Day late and a dollar short-- Thanks any ways--

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in