WTB- Blue Sky - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted Place for MEMBERS to post want to buy or vehicles for sale. NO COMMERCIAL POSTING, no PROMOTION OF VEHICLES OR ITEMS YOU DO NOT PERSONALLY OWN.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WTB- Blue Sky

Wife and I will celebrate 30 years of marriage this year. She has been test driving 2 seater convertibles and has fallen in love with the Saturn Sky's.

Problem is she wants the Bluestone or Bluesteel or the neon Blue color in a automatic.

If you have one you are thinking of selling. Call or text me with info. 937-two 3 two- five 88 four.

Thanks
Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 10:57 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Hi Kevin,

Your wife has good taste! You're (much) more likely to find Bluestone than Hydro blue (a rare color, indeed). But there is also Evening Blue and Midnight Blue, darker shades.
I am not aware of any color "Bluesteel" or "neon Blue" (although the neon you're thinking of might be Hydro).

Good luck in your search, I hope you join us on a permanent basis!

Rob
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
First off Welcome to the forum. 2nd here is congrats on the 30 years marriage.
Now to the facts which you have presented here:

- She has been test driving 2 seater convertibles and has fallen in love with the Saturn Sky's. Rut Ro...
What other 2 seat verts was she comparing the Sky to in this process?

OK then seems she has already picked out what she wants.. the 30 yr. present for this occasion to be. Good choice too.
The Blue one... Evening Blue/Midnight Blue are the darker shades here, so that narrows down her choices to
Bluestone or Hydro Blue as the " other " options available to her selection. This narrows down her choices even more
as those two colors are, a little more rare and limited in production numbers with the community here. They are out there
just a little tougher to find the right one, and she might have to be patient in the wait times until
the right one for her can be found. Example: It took me a year to find mine, and then it fell into my lap by accident.

The automatic trans should not be a problem in the search. 3 things I might want to point out, while you both consider this
future purchase, Motor type. Turbo or NA. 2.0 or 2.4? They vary in price and availability.
Next up would be mileage. With any used car purchase, what is the highest ceiling to which you are willing to go to?
Under 50K? Lower? Higher? Again prices out there vary.
Last but certainly not least is the ceiling for the cost? Sky's the limit, money is no object or we are not willing
to go above this_____ price? $10K ? More or less than?
These two factors determine what condition the car is in, when purchased. Maintenance/repair cost vary here.
Low mileage cars will cost more when first purchased but have less wear & tear to them.
Higher mileage cars have low cost layout when purchased, but... could be a pain when having to fix a lot of
stuff during the ownership. A good mechanical check up is in order before
purchase, and what if anything the dealer is willing to fix after purchase.

The computer search of local dealers within your area might turn up something. Auto-Trader, Cars.com any one
of the trade sites might have something local.
Then the choice is made and the proper inspection of the car in question. It's history, maintenance performed by owner
or dealer. These models can be expensive to repair in some cases.
Finding the right local dealer/shop to do such repairs is key. Careful when lifting this model...

Usage after purchase. Many of our owners have these as 2nd or 3rd car in their stable.
Couple of cases they are the primary vehicle, the DD.
Weekend fun & run car for the two of you? A commuter car for her?

AND.. then after purchase the "effect" happens: The Permagrin takes hold, if it hasn't already happened to her?
The attention factor happens to great affect when driving this model out among the masses.
Be prepared for this to happen to you soon. Then road trip.. little day trip to the coast, that lovely drive in country
on the back roads, or the weekend get way to the BB by the lake she always wanted to go to?
Problem here which one first? But wait.. there is no trunk room for her luggage and shoes or anything else for that matter,
something to consider here. There is also no spare tire for this model.

Problem is she wants … and what momma wants, she gets.
IF she isn't happy, then someone, cough cough might not be happy later.
We don't want that after 30yrs... now do we?

Look to threads here on the forum marked F/S Low Priced Sky's & F/S Low mileage Sky's by ChopTop.
You never know until you look.

Luck with your search and future purchase of our gem.
* Sorry mine is Midnight Blue, and... is not for sale at this time. Not done with it just yet or ever for that
matter.

LAC

Last edited by LAC Sky; 08-06-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Time to edit things again....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1773 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search.

The "neon blue" color you refer to is called Hydro Blue...and it was only available in a Special Edition package and there were less than 100 built...that's turbo, non-turbo, automatic and manual combined...so they are very hard to find.

BlueStone, Midnight Blue, and in 2009 Evening Blue (a bit lighte dark blue than the previous Midnight Blue) are far more common.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

Hi all, search continues. We are looking for the Bluestone color ( would like to have the Hydra Blue, but that may be a pipe dream.

She has tested the Nissan 350 & Solstice, I want her to try a Mazda, but she hasn't been real keen on body style.

She did see a bright blue BMW Z3 that she thought she wanted until we seen it had 180,000 mile on it and they still wanted 15,000+

She tested a 2008 Black Redline w/ 20,000+ miles on it at a local dealer. Told me that if it was Bluestone, we would buy it. Only car that made her think she might make due with a Black car...so I think her heart is set on a Sky. Cost is relevant on condition of car as this will be her weekend/sunny day car. No daily driver here.

I'll keep looking. Found a few, but hundreds of miles away and time is limited right now.

Kevin
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search.

The "neon blue" color you refer to is called Hydro Blue...and it was only available in a Special Edition package and there were less than 100 built...that's turbo, non-turbo, automatic and manual combined...so they are very hard to find.

BlueStone, Midnight Blue, and in 2009 Evening Blue (a bit lighte dark blue than the previous Midnight Blue) are far more common.
Come on Robo you gotta know the number.. There were 89 Hydro Blues made.

On that note.. I MIGHT, and I stress MIGHT be able to convince my wife to sell ours, But I am sure I would need to get at least $40k for it.. Even then she might still say NO.

I am a GM Engineer.

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2009 HYDRO REDLINE AUTO
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2019, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
ChopTop does an excellent job of keeping up with his two threads:
F/S Low Mileage Skys

and

F/S Low Priced Skys

You can subscribe to them. It might help??

Joe

FLASHED

2008 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Naked!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1773 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by davhamm View Post
Come on Robo you gotta know the number.. There were 89 Hydro Blues made.

I don't know why I can't remember the exact number...

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:05 PM

There's a blue redline for sale here in Los Angeles at a great price, was thinking of looking at it but blue really isn't my color.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...948947362.html

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Other KAPPA, Sky and Small Roadster/RWD Cars > Saturn SKY vehicles/parts For Sale/Wanted

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in