Adam's Polishes Detailing Videos "HOW TO" - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Car Care and Detailing Forum Discussion of detailing and car care products and techniques.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Welcome to the Forum!!

How do..

I will certainly eyeball everything you have to offer. Right now, I'm pretty much set for supplies, but will check out your stuff when replacement of goodies are needed.. Looking forward to the exchange of ideas, info and look forward to high quality products to use..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Great! Welcome aboard! Sticking for future reference.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 09:14 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
How do..

I will certainly eyeball everything you have to offer. Right now, I'm pretty much set for supplies, but will check out your stuff when replacement of goodies are needed.. Looking forward to the exchange of ideas, info and look forward to high quality products to use..
Ditto..........On Midniteblues quote!

Tan/Black Interior
JPM/Tan Center console
Tinted Windows / Wind Restrictor/ Chili Pepper Red Calipers
Stubby Antenna
Dual CAI-Fujita
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust w/ quad tips
Kazera KZ-L Wheels w/ G-Force Tires
DDMWorks - Tune and Backbone
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Questions Regarding Waxes

I have looked over your entire web site and have seen just about all the videos you have posted, and I will admit I picked up some nice "tricks" & very good pointers that I will incorporate into my MO. BTW, I am sorta like a detail geek when I get in the mood.. Thanks..

My question is I noticed that you sell 2 types of wax. The first being Buttery Wax, and the second the Machine Super Wax. As you guys know, waxing versus sealant type of products are like night and day. Waxing is probably a monthly chore down here in South Florida with the sun pounding down on our cars and also with the almost daily rain we get during this time of the year, the wax products just "melt" away, no good really IMHO.. The product I currently use to "finish off my work" & make it shine with some POP, bonds pretty well to the paint and totally protects & "seals" it, if you will, where as I can usually go from about 4-6 months before beading starts to go away (depends on how much rain I would speculate) & I would have to go through the entire "detailing" process starting with claying, polishing, then sealant again.

My question to you is, are your products really a wax, or it is a more high tech solution and more durable than wax? Used down here, (Florida), how long will each product last with the conditions I posted above, days? weeks? months? Finally, of the 2 products, the Machine Super Wax sounds like the superior product, (price wise also by a fin). I already own the Porter Cable machine (great unit for starting detailer) used on your videos, so I am leaning more to that product and is the one that interest me the most at the moment, although, doing by hand is something I also use, (to me can sometimes be quicker than the machine).. So, how long will these products last more or less between applications.. Thanks ..MB
PS: If the answer comes like I hope, I will probably be buying some type of "kit" that have both items.. Oh one more thing, what is the "shelf life" of these two, sitting in a garage shelf..Thanks again..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
I have looked over your entire web site and have seen just about all the videos you have posted, and I will admit I picked up some nice "tricks" & very good pointers that I will incorporate into my MO. BTW, I am sorta like a detail geek when I get in the mood.. Thanks..

My question is I noticed that you sell 2 types of wax. The first being Buttery Wax, and the second the Machine Super Wax. As you guys know, waxing versus sealant type of products are like night and day. Waxing is probably a monthly chore down here in South Florida with the sun pounding down on our cars and also with the almost daily rain we get during this time of the year, the wax products just "melt" away, no good really IMHO.. The product I currently use to "finish off my work" & make it shine with some POP, bonds pretty well to the paint and totally protects & "seals" it, if you will, where as I can usually go from about 4-6 months before beading starts to go away (depends on how much rain I would speculate) & I would have to go through the entire "detailing" process starting with claying, polishing, then sealant again.

My question to you is, are your products really a wax, or it is a more high tech solution and more durable than wax? Used down here, (Florida), how long will each product last with the conditions I posted above, days? weeks? months? Finally, of the 2 products, the Machine Super Wax sounds like the superior product, (price wise also by a fin). I already own the Porter Cable machine (great unit for starting detailer) used on your videos, so I am leaning more to that product and is the one that interest me the most at the moment, although, doing by hand is something I also use, (to me can sometimes be quicker than the machine).. So, how long will these products last more or less between applications.. Thanks ..MB
PS: If the answer comes like I hope, I will probably be buying some type of "kit" that have both items.. Oh one more thing, what is the "shelf life" of these two, sitting in a garage shelf..Thanks again..
Midnite, great questions! Correct, we have two waxes. One is formulated for hand use, the other machine. Differences? The Machine Super Wax is a little more durable since it's formulated to use the heat the machine produces - it actually LOVES the sun as it helps the wax bake in and last longer. In the Southern California sun I get about 7 months out of a coat of our Super Wax, about 5 months from a coat of our Buttery Wax.

Tell you what, since your biggest concern deals with Florida specifics, I'd like you to contact our largest dealer in Florida, Richie Carbone. He's HARDCORE Florida and gives me grief about how great it is compared to CA - he reminds me everytime I talk to him.

Here is his contact info:
Richie's Custom Detailing
Richie Carbone
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Phone: 407-758-5556
[email protected]
Richie's Custom Detailing - Winter Garden, Florida - (407) 758-5556

Jason Armstrong
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2008, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

ttt for new members

Jason Armstrong
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Added a link to our Gen2 Pad Video - it's a temporary link till it makes it onto our next DVD.

Jason Armstrong
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 04:03 PM

Thanks for sharing that information, but I wouldn't start rinsing my car from the top to the bottom of the car (as seen in one of your videos), as the dirt from the top of the car should ideally rinse off from a clean surface below. Starting to rinse the car from below is just making the situation harder to get the dirt to come off. Starting rinsing the car from the bottom would just simplify the dirt from the top of the car to come off as it would leave a smoother surface for the dirt to come off.

GTPNordic
Opel GT 2007 EFR 6758, HG-motorsport IC, custom IC pipes, Magnaflow exhaust, custom built downpipe with 100 cell Ferrita cat.
100-150km/h in 2.7s
BC Racing coilovers, OZ Ultraleggera wheels with Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2011, 07:42 PM

Bump - our latest videos are now uploaded and ready for viewing, enjoy!

Detailing Instructional Videos:
The answers to all your general detailing questions, broken down by the Chief detailer himself Adam Pitale, Customer Service Rep Ashley Wilson, and Detail Advisor Dylan von Kleist

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 01 - Introduction

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 02 - Cleaning Wheels & Tires

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 03 - Cleaning Exhaust Tips

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 04 - Cleaning Engine Bay

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 05 - Prepping Car Wash Supplies

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 06 - Car Washing

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 07 - Sheet Rinsing

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 08 - Drying Your Car

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 09 - Drying Your Car Metro Blaster Sidekick

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 10 - Dressing Undercarriage

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 11 - Detail Claying Car

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 12 - Dressing Tires Trim Engine Bay

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 13 - Flex Machine Polishing

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 14 - Scratch Removal

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 15 - Porter Cable Polishing

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 16 - Porter Cable Polishing 4 Inch Pads

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 17 - Glazing Carnauba Car Wax

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 18 - Metal Polishing

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 19 - Carpet Upholstery Cleaning

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 20 - Waterless Car Washing

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 21 - Glass Cleaning Sealing

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 22 - Hand Polishing

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 23 - Cleaning Detailing Accessories

Adam’s Detailing Video - Vol. 7 - Chapter 24 - Thank You

Connecting with us:
Adam's is here to help and interact with our customers. If there is anything we can ever do for you don't hesitate to reach out and communicate with us. Remember the only stupid detailing question is the one you don't ask!

USE COUPON CODE: SKY TO RECEIVE 10% YOUR NEXT ORDER AT www.ADAMSPOLISHES.com
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 01:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Love using your Adem's products, the polishes and waxes don't cake up making it very easy to remove when buffing....

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Car Care and Detailing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in