First package from Adams - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Car Care and Detailing Forum Discussion of detailing and car care products and techniques.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
A14

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
First package from Adams

Was so excited to get home since I knew it was at home waiting for me. The package was well packed and arrived safely. When they say Jumbo bottles, they mean it! Ofcourse i had to open them up and smell everything. . So glad the microfiber towells came in sealed packages!! No need to take them out till i need them. Cannot wait to try out the buttery wax! Thanks Adams! The only issue is I did not order more.
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Be sure to let us know what you think of their products. I follow their detail videos on youtube and have always been curious to try some of their products. But they are pretty pricey

08 2.0
My Sky Videos :http://www.youtube.com/JFCTheSituation
Engine:
-Magnaflow
-QTP exhaust cutout
-SOLO high flow cat
-Dejon IC Pipes
-Dejon Cold Air Intake

-Synapse BOV
-Trifecta Tune
Visual
-V2 wind restrictor
-Fog lamp LEDs
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 AM

Welcome to the addiction!!

I have been an Adam's customer for about 4 years. I love the products so much I use them in my shop on every detail and am a local dealer and part-time Adam's Team member. If you have any questions be sure to go to www.adamsfoums.com of call the number on you bottle. Ask anything. The entire team is very knowledgable. You won't find better customer service.

By the way the new series 8 videos were relaesed on Youtube just a couple of hours ago.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RedSkyWV
I don't solely use Adam's products, but probably 75% of my detailing product is theirs. Highly recommended!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
I am a believer!
I use his products on all my vehicles. Hell, I use it on my garage floor. Works great.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:28 AM Thread Starter
A14

Garage
Glad to hear all the positive responses! It will be time for wash/clay/wax this weekend! Will get to try out the products. Also glad to hear Vol. 8 is out. I watched Vol. 7 upon finding these forums.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
All I've ever used was either Wolfgang or Adams.. Adams cleaners and micro fiber towels are the best I have, no doubt.. The machine polish and sealant are very good, (I also purchased the manual stuff, altho not used yet) also I don't believe it last as long as Wolfgangs stuff, keeping in mind that I use a machine (porter) for all of the work.. Their (wolfgang) swirl, polish and sealant IMHO are superior and it seems to protect & bead the water longer. I will continue to buy and use both, prices will determine from whom I purchase.. I was also surprised that Adams does not sell any top products (RaggTop or 303 nor headlight restoration)).. I just order about $125 worth of supplies myself from autogeek..
wolfgang headlight restoration kit, 303 top cleaner and sealer and duo swirl & polish cleaners.
Happy detailing..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
A14

Garage
I LOVE Autogeek. I have a wish list about a million pages long lol! I am very interested in the foam cannons. I have been using a not quite as foamy substitute you can get for 11 bux. Works very well on a waxed car. No bucket, no wash mitt. I will make a video on it this weekend while I'm washing.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 12:22 AM

MidnightBlues, Adam has personally recomended RaggTopp to me and is what we recommend to other customers. It is a great product! During a clinic this year he mentioned that Adam's did try to develop a convertible top product however, RaggTopp out performed it. Rather than produce an inferior product, he recomended a them instead.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 07:30 AM

Adam's is great stuff and they back their product. In fact when I bought a product I didn't think performed as well as it should I sent an E-Mail and got a call from Adam Pitale himself the next day.
You might find other products that work just as well or better for some tasks, but for one stop shopping you can trust Adam's to get the job done consistently.

Got it:

2008 Sky Redline
Black Onyx Red/Black Leather
Single Disc Monsoon
Spoiler
Chrome Wheels
3 Pedals
Picked up 9/04/07
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipolley View Post
MidnightBlues, Adam has personally recommended RaggTopp to me and is what we recommend to other customers. It is a great product! During a clinic this year he mentioned that Adam's did try to develop a convertible top product however, RaggTopp out performed it. Rather than produce an inferior product, he recommended a them instead.
Then Adams should sell the stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwing View Post
Adam's is great stuff and they back their product. In fact when I bought a product I didn't think performed as well as it should I sent an E-Mail and got a call from Adam Pitale himself the next day.
You might find other products that work just as well or better for some tasks, but for one stop shopping you can trust Adam's to get the job done consistently.
Gentlemen, be advised that I to am an Adams customer, therefore I will NOT knock what I myself still use & have... I still have over $300 of stuff from Adams that I have purchased since he became a sponsor..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama

Last edited by MidniteBlues; 08-08-2012 at 11:01 AM.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
A14

Garage
Ok, so I just got done washing/claying/washing/drying/waxing. I used buttery wax with one of their single microfiber cloths. The wax went on easy with the applicator and worked fantastic. I also used detail spray and waterless wash for the post drive cleanup(on purpose). Everything worked fantastic and smelled good at the same time!
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A14 View Post
Ok, so I just got done washing/claying/washing/drying/waxing. I used buttery wax with one of their single microfiber cloths. The wax went on easy with the applicator and worked fantastic. I also used detail spray and waterless wash for the post drive cleanup(on purpose). Everything worked fantastic and smelled good at the same time!
I will be detailing mine this WE...

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 11:50 AM Thread Starter
A14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidniteBlues View Post
I will be detailing mine this WE...
Well, I got mine done in about 3 hours. Exterior anyway.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A14 View Post
Well, I got mine done in about 3 hours. Exterior anyway.
Not bad, it'll take me much longer.... It takes me a day in between beers, for both inside/out.. similar process, wash, clay, wash, dry, polish, sealant.., then windows, inside, vacuum. interior detail, clean seats, use leather stuff on them.. interior doors, and dash.. its a lot of work as your know.. ah yes almost forgot about the tires and dressing... Its a process I try and do twice a year down here...

Last edited by MidniteBlues; 08-10-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Car Care and Detailing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in