Top Help! AND Touch Up Cleaner Help! - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Car Care and Detailing Forum Discussion of detailing and car care products and techniques.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Top Help! AND Touch Up Cleaner Help!

I can't remember what we used for Cleaner & Protector for the TOP AND that quick touch up cleaner for the paint.

I know they all were Spray's!

I used to keep the Microfiber towel and the Touch up spray for spot cleaning on the paint in the car along with the protector, BUT when my car was transported up here the person getting it ready for transport took it beyond literal when they said it all had to be emptied out! He even took the stuff noone could see beyond the seats out which including the sprays!!!

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!

Thanks SKY Family!

*SINISTER*
Onyx
3 Peds
LSD
Spoiler
Splash Guards
Sky Mats
Tint
3rd Brake Sinister
Stubby
Saddle
DC Sports Brace
AEM Intake
RL Exhaust
Restrictor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
For the top use "Ragg Top" or the 303 Aerospace Protectant, High Tech Fabric Guard . 303 also has a cleaner.

For the paint everyone has their own opinion. I prefer Turtle Wax ICE Spray detailer.

SkyPainter
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use 303 and Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer

Awesome stuff!

My SKY was love at first sight, that's why it's stock. . .on the outside
When you turn your car on, does it return the favour?
How can you expect me to stay grounded when I always drive in the SKY. . . on the Redline....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Go here >>>> We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store

Exterior Car Care: Follow the 3 steps of proper vehicle maintenance - Clean, Polish & Protect! car wax, polish, paint sealant, souveran, deep gloss,

And shop until you find what you are looking for.
for the top you have 2 choices, the manufacturer of our tops recommends RaggTop, however, the 303 stuff seems to be just as good.. I usually buy what ever is cheaper.. As for the body/paint, I'm partial to Wolfgangs stuff, if you buy a "kit" detail spray IS included..Also pick up a few of the high quality microfiber products.. good luck!!

BTW, this outfit is located in Florida.. and they ship pretty quick..

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I use Zaino Z7 (wash) and Z6 (gloss spray) between waxes.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-23-2012, 06:15 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Not to open old wounds . . .I contacted the owner of the company that manufactured the canvas used in our tops. In an email exchange with him he said that he only recommended RaggTop. I use it and sold my 303.

Many people love 303.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the Elder View Post
Not to open old wounds . . .I contacted the owner of the company that manufactured the canvas used in our tops. In an email exchange with him he said that he only recommended RaggTop. I use it and sold my 303.

Many people love 303.
NEVER too old to learn something new! especially when it comes from "the horses mouth" as us old timers say.

How can you expect me to stay grounded when I always drive in the SKY. . . on the Redline....
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 10:06 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
303 is AOK

Quote:
In an email exchange with him he said that he only recommended RaggTop.
All that means is that they likely have an exclusive contract agreement of some kind with RaggTop
. . . kind of like the GMMobil 1 oil luvfest.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-24-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:

Many people love 303.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyVue2 View Post
All that means is that they likely have an exclusive contract agreement of some kind with RaggTop
I agree with your statement above BTW.. On my recent use of 303, I am noticing that it lets the water bead longer than RaggTop...just saying.. It claims (and I don't believe it) that it'll protect your top for up to 3 years, down here in the heat, humidity and rain of Florida I say, it ain't gonna happen...

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. Abraham Lincoln

The Constitution is essentially an obsolete charter of negative liberties. Barack Obama
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 12:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The need for protection has a lot to do with exposure. My car stays covered at home, and both my work sites have garages. I seldom drive it in the rain, and I prefer top down driving. So while my car is five years old, the top has had very little exposure to what I call environmental "beat down".

I've Ragg'd it one time in five years and it still looks very good. I'll probably Ragg it again this year...before Fall.

2008 Redline Auto
Born 7/20/07
Snagged 8/31/07
Released 8/8/15
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 AM

Definitly RaggTopp. Even Adam from Adam's Polishes told me that is whan to use. Speaking of which, Adam's Single Soft Microfiber towel and Adam's Detail Spray. adamspolishes.com. If you don't like it, Adam will refund you 110% of what you paid, including shipping.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyVue2 View Post
Actually no, they don't. They performed testing and determined that the formulation of Raggtop was more compatible with the physical properties of their canvas. Their only motivation is to maximize the life of their cloth.

The owner was most interested in the reputation of his company. He sells to a lot of companies other than GM. In point of fact, he did not sell directly to GM but to a third party manufacturer who uses his canvas to manufacture tops.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 01:23 PM

First use was 303, currently waiting for Raggtop to arrive.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 01:36 PM

I have used both now. Both seem to make the top look newer/blacker after application. But in terms of water repelling, Raggtop is trash compared to 303. Months after application and water will still bead until it is saturated hours later in the rain. But Raggtop seems to have almost no water repelling ability. As a result, I've stuck with 303 since.

Just a tip, I now apply it with a paint brush. I find it allows me to put a thicker coat on, and to really saturate the top, while also keeping it off the glass and paint easier.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devestator View Post
I have used both now. Both seem to make the top look newer/blacker after application. But in terms of water repelling, Raggtop is trash compared to 303. Months after application and water will still bead until it is saturated hours later in the rain. But Raggtop seems to have almost no water repelling ability. As a result, I've stuck with 303 since.

Just a tip, I now apply it with a paint brush. I find it allows me to put a thicker coat on, and to really saturate the top, while also keeping it off the glass and paint easier.
THAT is great tip, I bet it also saves on wasting the product, especially from over spray...GREAT idea i will incorporate.. Or at least try it..

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Car Care and Detailing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in