Saturn Sky Forum banner

Turtle Wax Black Box...

6K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  MARVIC 1 
#1 ·
Just finished detailing my Redline with Turtle wax Black box, pretty good product.. Turtle wax is not recommended for there durability and I was not looking for it as my car is just driven on nice days but shine and a deep gloss it did have!
Took most of the evening after the car was washed and clayed but the results are stunning! It's a pretty cheap product so pick up a box to try it out!
Here are a couple of pictures

See less See more
#4 ·
A newbie question - I have notice the term 'claying' on a few posts now. So, what is it? What does it do? Why do you do it? How often do you do it? How do you do it? And, what do you do it with? Are there any down sides to this to be careful of? Critter

#13 ·
Are there any down sides to this to be careful of?
If you have rock nixes, look for any barbs. The clay bar will remove the barbs, but you need to treat each barb separately and remove it from the clay immediately after lifting.

Small barbs should just roll into the clay and not cause problems. But once you get to a certain size, it might not roll all the way into the clay, and then you have a clay bar with metal sticking out....wiping back and forth across the car!

#7 ·
Is Clay BAr a generic term or is there a brand/make that everyone sems to use when doing this routine?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.