Turtle Wax Black Box... - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Car Care and Detailing Forum Discussion of detailing and car care products and techniques.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glemont View Post
I have always used the black box set, its a great product!
I always consider that Turtle products were like ArmorAll garbage, guess I'm wrong....
I love the Adam's stuff but also use Meguiar's "Ultimate Quik Detailer" spray and Zymol "Blue" Wax...
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
If you have rock nixes, look for any barbs. The clay bar will remove the barbs, but you need to treat each barb separately and remove it from the clay immediately after lifting.

Small barbs should just roll into the clay and not cause problems. But once you get to a certain size, it might not roll all the way into the clay, and then you have a clay bar with metal sticking out....wiping back and forth across the car!
One last question on this - since this is safe for paint (if done properly) is it also okay to use on the windshield? I have to think that there is more gunk built up on the glass that there would be on the horizontal paint surfaces. Give me thoughts or direction...

2009 Sky Redline Silver Pearl, Red on Black

HFCat,Braces,Werks Sway bars,Werks Intake,OEM Spoiler,Racing stripes, MRZ Black Caps,RPI exhaust, Norm(Diffuser,Splitter,Skirts),JPM(console,shifter ,shroud),PillarPod,WaterMeth
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
One last question on this - since this is safe for paint (if done properly) is it also okay to use on the windshield? I have to think that there is more gunk built up on the glass that there would be on the horizontal paint surfaces. Give me thoughts or direction...
Critter, its the best thing for the windshield, leaves it super non residue clean. Have you ever notice half ring mark outside of the windshield blades area when it get wet, Gone! Works very well....
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 View Post
Critter, its the best thing for the windshield, leaves it super non residue clean. Have you ever notice half ring mark outside of the windshield blades area when it get wet, Gone! Works very well....
Thanks so much Marv...I think the details and complexities of doing the right thing with a vehicle like this would drive me to do nothing rather than what all of you have helped me with....Weather permitting the clay clean is on for the weekend! Probably never been done to it. My plan is to wash, clay, rewash (remove residue), add a Maguilar's Polish/Glaze and then MAguilar's Carrnuba Paste...Concur?

HFCat,Braces,Werks Sway bars,Werks Intake,OEM Spoiler,Racing stripes, MRZ Black Caps,RPI exhaust, Norm(Diffuser,Splitter,Skirts),JPM(console,shifter ,shroud),PillarPod,WaterMeth
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much Marv...I think the details and complexities of doing the right thing with a vehicle like this would drive me to do nothing rather than what all of you have helped me with....Weather permitting the clay clean is on for the weekend! Probably never been done to it. My plan is to wash, clay, rewash (remove residue), add a Maguilar's Polish/Glaze and then MAguilar's Carrnuba Paste...Concur?
I Cuncur.....
Critter, I do sections at a time, it might take me all day just clay baring. I do take my sweet time by stopping and doing other things. Don't rush!!
Good Luck and post a picture when your done, I'm sure its going to come out nice..
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARVIC 1 View Post
One last one - again - on the windows what do you use as the lubricant for the clay bar? I can't imagine using the Detailer Wax like on the paint body, it would take a week of washing to get it all off afterwards...

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 PM
A14

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
One last one - again - on the windows what do you use as the lubricant for the clay bar? I can't imagine using the Detailer Wax like on the paint body, it would take a week of washing to get it all off afterwards...
Detail spray. I dont know why you say it would take a week to get it off.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A14 View Post
Detail spray. I dont know why you say it would take a week to get it off.
Just thought that purposely putting a lot of detailing wax on the windshield would be hard to wash off. Obviously, from your reply it will not be - so, detail spray it is...

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 10:54 PM
A14

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Just thought that purposely putting a lot of detailing wax on the windshield would be hard to wash off. Obviously, from your reply it will not be - so, detail spray it is...
Well, I could be wrong, but I dont think it would be a big deal. I always clay after a rinse and before a dry. So a light misting of the complete car plus the water still there works very well for lube.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Critter, Meguiar's "Ultimate Quik Detailer" is NOT a wax....

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > In the News > Car Care and Detailing Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in