Evap system versus turbo leak - Page 2 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech Advertisement

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1705 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Madison View Post
Semi good news, as mechanic was putting in O2 sensors and checking diverter valve he noticed that some of the wires on the MAF sensor harness were not intact. He is very confident that is the issue. When harness removed car idled much better as well. So had to pick car up for vacation and didnít want to leave at dealer but harness to be replaced when I get back. Hopefully that is the end. The battery will be next should it come to that. Thanks again will keep you posted next Friday when harness replaced
Like I mentioned in my first post, I had this issue and when I rewired the plug all was fine. I bet yours will be too since the MAF contributes so much to the fuel calculations.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Interesting findings. The roughness persisted until MAF harness changed out. Still had problem with loss if power. The mechanic gave it a smoke test (that I had asked the Chevy dealer to do and they refused), and sure enough, just as I had read on the forum a hundred times, a crack in the intercooler several inches long. I totally missed it when I was looking as it runs down a seen and partially hidden behind the grill. So as you have told us numerous times the intercooler was the culprit. Had to order the part so another week but finally have the answer after replacing many parts. Should be back to full power by next weekend. At least I also found a mechanic I can trust, will never go back to the Chevy dealer what a rip off!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Intercooler and MAF harness were the problem. The car is back to running awesome thanks again for all the help. Would suggest to others look closely at the intercooler and save money they are hard to see behind the grill especially on seams. The forum members nailed it, I just missed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1705 Post(s)
Garage
Glad to hear you found the issue. A lot of times when you have two problems like that you have to track them down one at a time. Glad you got it.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in