Lots of TECH questions asked, and some semi-official answers - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech Advertisement

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lots of TECH questions asked, and some semi-official answers

From the National Solstice Meet.

Apparently, there was some representation from GM engineering present, and they were gracious enough to answer questions from owners. Thought y'all would be interested:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=20058

I included a link for reference in the FAQ section here, too.
https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6615
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

answers on differential noises, suspension differences, GXP performance (and assumed Red Line)... very interesting read.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2006, 07:27 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
VERY good stuff. Clearly, Steve was very well versed, and rehearsed, on these questions. I spoke with him on Friday and Saturday and found him to be engaging and honest.

One item that was not covered by MomSol was the simplistic interior and minimal instrumentation. His response to this question was that this was the intent of the design team.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 11:56 AM

Good stuff keep it coming
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2006, 12:56 PM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Terrific information. Thank you!

deposit 6/03/06
Silver Graphite RL
premium red/black interior
MP3 1 disc player
spoiler
18" chrome wheels
absolutely manual
snagged on 2/28
Awesome ride!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 06:29 PM

Padilla contact on Sky

I can relate to the third question in this thread. My A/C shrieks and I'm told this is normal. Any idea how we can express our displeasure to Padilla?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-06-2007, 08:22 PM

Interesting that any increase in HP can void your tranny or diff warrantee!

Do modifications void the warranty?
I encourage you to look up the Magnuson-Moss Act. Usually, only failures that happen, or repairs that are required that are a result of a modification can be denied, such as a differential failure or transmission failure being denied warranty coverage because you installed a modification that increased engine power.

WoW, so the Sky has a more refined suspension!:

Many of the magazines are saying the Saturn SKY has a suspension with longer travel and is softer, and that it rides better. Is this true? What is the difference between the Solstice and SKY suspensions? Will the Solstice get this change?
All production versions of the Solstice, SKY, and Opel GT have the same suspension travel. We changed the jounce bumper on the SKY by shortening it, which reduces contact with the jounce bumper on slightly larger bumps than the suspension on the Solstice. The total suspension travel remains identical.

Then, we retuned the shocks to take advantage of this shorter jounce bumper, to try and refine the ride and reduce the impact to handling and steering. The suspension on the SKY is not softer or harder than the Solstice. The overall ride differences are noticeable, and unexpectedly, there is little to no change to the handling. This change was introduced exclusively to the SKY during the introduction of the car, as there was an emphasis to get some more refinement on the SKY, and allow some field exposure to see how the market would react. Early on, we had comments that the Solstice might be "too soft", and a change that improves ride can sometimes be misinterpreted as "too soft" if taken out of context.

We are always looking at ways to accomplish continuous improvement, so obviously this is a potential candidate to roll into the SKY's sibling car, the Solstice, at some point in the future.

Really great info, thanks for sharing!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 AM

Huh. Just finally got to reading this now after all this time.

Pretty good read. Especially now that it's sorta "retro" .

"I ain't never seen a hearse with a luggage rack."- George Strait
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 06:32 AM

Running really ruff after you start car for about 5-10 min, then it seems to go away

Checked DTC's, P0014 & P0011. CAMSHAFT POSITION sensor for both codes. So before I bought the sensors I checked the CAMSHAFT solenoids (both ) for the 8-12 Ohms resistancem both are at 11 Ohms. So I purchased 2 CMP's and installed them. still doing the same thing. As if something is clogged and finally clears up. Now if I go to the store and I'm not there for more than an hourm it is not that badm but for any longer period, then its like the morning time. It's backfiring, almost dying, lurching and no matter how much I push the accelerator, it does not change the RPM's ... Now I am somewhat perplexed as to what's going on. I have approx 98K miles on her and have only had it about a year so this is the first mahor issue I have experienced. Any suggestions out there ???????
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 11:51 AM

MAFS needs cleaning??

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in