Please Help Me Misfire Detected - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech Advertisement

User Tag List

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Please Help Me Misfire Detected

Hi All

I live in Turkey.My Car is 2009 Model and 34.000 km(21.000 mil) Ecu Map original. Total 10 Opel GT roadsters(Saturn SKY Redline) in Turkey No body know anything.Thank you in advance for your advice and help

Generaly Ihave not a problem but sometimes my engine light is flasing , sometimes light on. When I checking our elm327 Obd , it find the Misfire detected 301,302,303,304 not all times all codes , sometimes 301,302 ,sometimes 301,302,303 , sometimes all

I know 2-3 solutions for misfire detected
1 Solutions I changed ignition coil and change gasoline station but the same situation.

2 Solutions need to Change ignition coil.When I searching ignition coil I find below product.You can see item description they write "Repair to misfire"
When I seen this descripton this problem is cronichal problem for oem ignition coils ?

What you think and what do you recommend?
I am sory for my english.I hope understand me

Thank You

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
The first thing I would do is look for a leak anywhere after the MAF sensor. It sounds like you may have a cracked IC or maybe a torn connection causing issues.

The easiest way Ive found is to spray starting fluid at joints and listen to engine RPM. If you have the means, a boost leak check would be the easiest way, but not many kappa folks have the time or need to make a setup for this.

Goodluck!
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Garage
It could also be coking on the intake valves.

LUSIFER is Sold!
say hello to
RYUK

I'm not short, I'm concentrated AWESOME
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Thank you for advice ..I wil check that.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1647 Post(s)
Garage
When you're getting them like that, the advice you have is the best. I have a misfire that keeps coming up on cyl. 1 and it has been hard to track down. Yours sounds like it is on all cylinders at some point in time. Like others have said, look for leaks. Chances are it's something beyond spark.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 02:56 AM

Garage
What type of petrol are you using?

Many Germans experience similar problems when using the "crappy 95 octane petrol".
(keep in mind, that turkey and europe use the RON, reasearch octane number, NOT the AON, average octane number, meaning our "95 octane petrol" is comparable to your reguar petrol, having 87,5 octane or something. Our "98 Plus" is comparable to your premium, while the new stuff (Aral ultimate 102 f.e.) would have something around 95 octane in "your" system.)

You MUST AT LEAST use Super Plus 98.
Do you have a chance to get higher quality petrol? BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power Racing or something else?

Egal wie dicht du bist; Goethe war Dichter!
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
The cars are very susceptible to ground issues, check the negative on the battery, the ground wire off the engine to frame, also, if the battery is showing signs of being old, a new one clears up alot of the electrical bugs. These are the easy fixes I checked first and haven't had a 0301 code in along time.

2008 Sky Redline
Tarnished Silver Metallic
Trifecta Tuned
10mm 6061T Tunnel Brace
Eyelids
Seat Heaters
Universal Garage Remote
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
SARBlade, did you have a P0300 code (random misfire) or a P0301 code (misfire in Cylinder 1)? I ask because I'd think a ground or battery issue wouldn't just trip a P0301 code...a P0300 sure but why would it only cause cylinder 1 to misfire?

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4

Last edited by Robotech; 05-17-2016 at 11:48 AM.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napi View Post
What type of petrol are you using?

Many Germans experience similar problems when using the "crappy 95 octane petrol".
(keep in mind, that turkey and europe use the RON, reasearch octane number, NOT the AON, average octane number, meaning our "95 octane petrol" is comparable to your reguar petrol, having 87,5 octane or something. Our "98 Plus" is comparable to your premium, while the new stuff (Aral ultimate 102 f.e.) would have something around 95 octane in "your" system.)

You MUST AT LEAST use Super Plus 98.
Do you have a chance to get higher quality petrol? BP Ultimate, Shell V-Power Racing or something else?
in Turkey Onlu 95 octane and 95+ (ultimate-vpower etc) I use + series.But I read Turkish user manual they write"95 octane"
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARBlade View Post
The cars are very susceptible to ground issues, check the negative on the battery, the ground wire off the engine to frame, also, if the battery is showing signs of being old, a new one clears up alot of the electrical bugs. These are the easy fixes I checked first and haven't had a 0301 code in along time.
My Car Model 2009 and now it has Original Acdelco battery I know long time for battery 7 years but normaly battery is good working.

Last time clear battery + side and long time No live misfire but after some times to have problem

You think my battery is broke ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
SARBlade, did you have a P0300 code (random misfire) or a P0300 code (misfire in Cylinder 1)? I ask because I'd think a ground or battery issue wouldn't just trip a P0301 code...a P0300 sure but why would it only cause cylinder 1 to misfire?
My error code almost all clyndir misfrie Not only 1
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 11:16 AM

Garage
Try an octane booster.

Despite the Manual saying 95 will fit, it doesn't.

Dozens of Germans experienced the exact same problem when driving with 95. As soon as they switched to 98, the problem was solved and the misfire (plus rough start on some cars) was gone after some hundred kilometers.

This is one of the most common and known issues with the Engines in Germany. Even the German Opel vendors/fgarages changed their advises to "98+" despite the fact that the German Manuals also say "95".

Egal wie dicht du bist; Goethe war Dichter!
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Dang Napi, thanks for that info. I'd think that since the US cars are designed to run on 91 octane that 95 would have been more than enough. Though, IIRC, I think Europe uses a different octane rating system than the US and 95 in Europe isn't as high of an octane rating as 95 would be in the U.S. Can't remember the approximate conversion though.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 12:21 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
Well my code was always p0301. I switched #1 and #2 coils to see if problem moved. It didn't. So could and wires not issue. Searched web, said grounds may cause this. Cleaned grounds. This worked but got a couple of erroneous codes. Changed battery all is good!
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Hmmmm...makes me wonder if I need to check my grounds as I have the same issue and moving around coils didn't help.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-23-2016, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech View Post
Dang Napi, thanks for that info. I'd think that since the US cars are designed to run on 91 octane that 95 would have been more than enough. Though, IIRC, I think Europe uses a different octane rating system than the US and 95 in Europe isn't as high of an octane rating as 95 would be in the U.S. Can't remember the approximate conversion though.
95 in Germany ("Super") would be 90 in the US system, and 98 (commonly referred to as "Super Plus" would be 93. I run the "Super Plus" in my Sky and it runs just fine, and have tried some of the 100+ octane fuels and didn't notice any difference--certainly not worth the extra price.

I run Super E10 (95 with 10% Ethanol) in my turbo Saab 2.0 and it runs just fine.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in