Sky Will not start - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Technical Saturn Sky Discussion Technical and performance aspects of the Saturn Sky Roadster. Sky Problems | Solutions | Repairs | Recalls | Tech Bulletins | Tech Tips | In the Manual Basic Tech Advertisement

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sky Will not start

Drove to the store when I got back into the car turned the key and nothing all dash lights work along with horn and radio any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1702 Post(s)
Garage
It sounds like a bad connection at the battery. Mine was doing that and I cleaned the battery cables and terminals...fixed it. You could wiggle the cable and see if it fires up.

If you clean the battery up and it still is having issues, check the battery both voltage when resting and when you try to start it. At rest voltage should be mid 12s to 13 volts. When you try and start it, voltage shouldn't drop more than 1 v. Anything more than that and the battery is going.

V.A.L. (#1108)
2007 2.4 Base
MagnaFlow dual outlet, quad tip exhaust test car
**Sold**

Max (#1547)
2007 TURBO 2.4
Too much to list here. See my Garage for details.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Manual or automatic?

Were you able to eventually start it? How?

John
Lexington, KY
Sky NA 2007 Midnight Blue
Sky RL 2008 Carbon Flash - Naked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Garage
Bad/loose connection at the terminals? Corrosion build up of any kind? No fuses were blown?
No accessories left on? Weak or dying cells in an old battery can cause a world of crazy things to
happen to our cars. Horn & lights works, but not enough juice to start the car... could be time for a new
battery here? No one likes to be stranded, with the click click sound. Extra battery booster pack has
found it's way in to the limited trunk space with many an owner here.

Car is not going anywhere, IF the battery won't start it when you need to. Top priority for any owner
not just us Kappa guys. Replacement can be done in an hour or less. You might find a good sale still
left over Holiday sale at the local auto parts store? The DIY fix has it's draw backs but not too hard.
A shop ( dealer ) will charge an arm/leg for this replacement. Your results will vary here.

Might as well check everything... battery, connections, fuses before heading out and about again.
Nice car sitting in our parking lot.. not starting. No Kappa owner likes that, but it does happen.

LAC
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
If it's a manual make sure you push the clutch in all the way when turning the key. May sound dumb, but I thought I was having the same problem, but after a few minutes I just pressed in the clutch a bit further and no problem since.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Saturn Sky Discussion > Technical Saturn Sky Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in