The NEW Wind Restrictor Design is here! - Page 4 - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum
Wind Restrictor

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-17-2006, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried asking you a question via PM and never got a response. Then I was browsing Solstice forum and saw this thread over there and registered, even though i do not own a solstice, to ask the question. But you havn't replied to that thread in some time. Seeing as you are keeping this thread up to date maybe you will reply to me here. My question is:

Looks good. Do you have the legal rights to print GM's and Saturn Motorsport's logos on your wind restrictors? I'm interested in getting one but don't want to get in trouble for purchasing an unlicensed product.

I hope you can answer my question this time. I am very interested in purchasing an illuminated windrestrictor but just want to sort out that one small detail. I already had to pass on Kappasphere's CAI because of the lack of a CARB sticker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Restrictor View Post
The price is set at 220.00. Thanks for your interest!

Will you offer it plain and no lighting? I'm one of those non-flashy people(driving a Sky? yeah right )

Thanks
post #48 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohlineman View Post
Will you offer it plain and no lighting? I'm one of those non-flashy people(driving a Sky? yeah right )

Thanks
Ha! Yes, I will offer this with no etching and illumination as well! I am trying to figure out the best attachment method right now... I have a few good concepts I have to test this week. I will let everyone know the decision I have made ASAP! I would rather make as many improvements as possible to the design now than make some sales right away then come up with improvements, that would not be fair to the customers who made purchases of the new version early on. Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #49 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolates View Post
does that $220.00 include a design on it?
Yes, this will be for the package deal, including illumination and laser etching.
post #50 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Lobo View Post
I tried asking you a question via PM and never got a response. Then I was browsing Solstice forum and saw this thread over there and registered, even though i do not own a solstice, to ask the question. But you havn't replied to that thread in some time. Seeing as you are keeping this thread up to date maybe you will reply to me here. My question is:

Looks good. Do you have the legal rights to print GM's and Saturn Motorsport's logos on your wind restrictors? I'm interested in getting one but don't want to get in trouble for purchasing an unlicensed product.

I hope you can answer my question this time. I am very interested in purchasing an illuminated windrestrictor but just want to sort out that one small detail. I already had to pass on Kappasphere's CAI because of the lack of a CARB sticker.
Please feel free to call me or email me and I will discuss this issue with you any time. I think I responded to this question you posted in the Solstice forum.

Robert
214 881 4759
post #51 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 12:26 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Restrictor View Post
Please feel free to call me or email me and I will discuss this issue with you any time. I think I responded to this question you posted in the Solstice forum.

Robert
214 881 4759
Be careful Robert, Kappasphere might be reading this See you soon I hope!!!!!!

ERNEST

'04 Torch Red Corvette Coupe

'07 Corvette Z06 "Scarlett"
Victory Red
555.6 rwhp / 485.5 rwt N/A - No Spray

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #52 of 65 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 08:17 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
Be careful Robert, Kappasphere might be reading this See you soon I hope!!!!!!
Yeah, that's okay with me I have a few ideas that I have not yet released. I admit that the first version I came out with was inspired from there design as far as the attachment method, for some one that does not want any etching at all and wants to remove it when closing the top you might want to go with there's, they do include a case to store it in and I do not offer this. You really cant compare our WR to any other due to the laser etching and illumination as well as the quality material and detailed laser manufacturing process we use. I have had the idea of this "new design" from even before the first version was released and I should have released it at that time. I figured that if everyone was satisfied with the basic design of the Kappa shield and the method they used to attach it to the SKY then I should use a similar method for my product, that is why I did not release the 2nd version the first time around. It is really a simple concept dosent take a genius to come up with something like this... I appreciate all the feedback and will use it all in my decision on how my new version will end up turning out. As far as the mounting I first mentioned the use of double sided tape or Velcro.. I have also considered magnets. What ever method I go with I will make sure it is the best possible way to go with it and hope that it will work out for everyone that is interested in it. I have decided on the use of a removable attachment method for those that may need or want to remove it for any reason. The material we are using is much thicker than the first version therefor it will look even nicer and will illuminate with more detail and as mentioned previously we will adhere a thin strip of material across the bottom so that you will not be able to see the actual LED light strip it self or any of the attachments, another cool thing is the way and the position the light strip will mount you will not see any wires what so ever and no panels will need to be removed to install the wiring from the front to the rear harness. Check back for more information early next week and maybe some high speed testing results thanks to Ernest & Mayhem!
post #53 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
Everyone keeps asking about the wind....it has been answered so many times...this is my last time....first...turbulance starts when u r going about 55 miles an hour....all windows must be up....now u have a cockpit that u can either put your heater or air conditioner on with the ability to either keep warm or cold...ARE U Listening?

Most of us have bought this WR because of the additional dimension it adds to the car...it is almost like artwork....Robert makes art....Love his work!

And now he has created a better mousetrap.
You bought a convertable!!! HELLO ??? Who the heck cares, But it DOES help on the tangles! I cant wait for it to get dark so my SKY will glow[purple and say SKY high
post #54 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohlineman View Post
I was hoping these would evolve in this direction!

3 questions:

Any issues with the seats slid all the way back /tilted back, damage to leather, rubbing etc?

When will it be on your site for purchase (price?)?

What's the lead time looking like?

Thanks
JV
my WR does not bother my seats, window or defroster, it does not leak any where, It also made my MPG better with the top down,less of a drag ?? I love mine... THANK YOU ROBERT
post #55 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:52 PM

is it possible for me to order the v1 wind restrictor...im buying it mainly for aesthetic value and i like the lower WR better than the higher one...thanks!
post #56 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FareedZahid View Post
is it possible for me to order the v1 wind restrictor...im buying it mainly for aesthetic value and i like the lower WR better than the higher one...thanks!
When I ordered my WR in late November, both versions were available. As you probably know by reading other threads, Robert is very sick now. Everyone is encouraging Robert to concentrate on getting well and answering business questions later. Since you don't have your Sky now, try sending a message directly to Robert in a few weeks.

Shirley

Redline ordered June 6, 2006
Chili Pepper Red
Black Leather
Home January 31, 2007
post #57 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 11:21 PM

Please pray for ROBERT

I just got of the phone with Robert. PLEASE,I don't kow how to stress this fact to all of you on the IMPORTANCE of this news. Robert is back in the hospital in Dallas.[Baylor] He told me there is a 95% chance he will need a liver transplant, they have done two different biopesies on his liver and anly have come up with more findings. Robert really called to ask me to tell the people [ 3 of 55 ] that did not get their WR by Xmas. He Will have me drive to dallas to it to you. Please be understanding as Robert was in the hospital on Xmas and through his birthday. All the whinning and fussin really put alot of undo stress on this person Please keep Robert and his family in your prayers and let him get back on his feet again. PLEASE! We all want him to get fast ,thats the most important thing right now. If I can help you in any way please call and leave a message and I will make sure that Robert gets it just as soon as his Doctor ok's them. 903-453-5455 Thanks for being so understanding and hope you have a great New Year,,, Roberts new messaging person.
post #58 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 11:30 PM

Robert's health is WAY more important...

Believe I may be one of the three waiting. If you talk to him, let him know I'm OK with waiting - his product appears to well worth the wait and I admire his concern, but like others have said, he should focus on his health.

I have not called him personally to tell him this since I didn't want to bother him, but let me know if you think it would help.

R1chy

----RedLine----
Chili Pepper Red : Tan Top/Leather
Auto Trans
MP3 Monsoon Stereo
VIN - 10294
8 SEP 2006 - In the drivers seat with a ...
“Permanent Big Grin” : Confessions of a Sky owner
post #59 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:10 AM

thanks for your understanding, if you know Robert,You know he worked right untill they took him, I will post more later. He is really stressin on the ones that are still waiting, It will give him some peace to know there are people that REALLY care ,at least about the important things. Thanks and God Bless you this New Years. skyhigh
post #60 of 65 (permalink) Old 12-30-2006, 12:13 AM
First 2000 Sr. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1chy View Post
Believe I may be one of the three waiting. If you talk to him, let him know I'm OK with waiting - his product appears to well worth the wait and I admire his concern, but like others have said, he should focus on his health.

I have not called him personally to tell him this since I didn't want to bother him, but let me know if you think it would help.

R1chy
I, too, spoke to Robert tonight. He sounded depressed with this latest news. His doctor came in and we had to end our conversation, but he asked me to please call him again tomorrow, which I will. I think he would welcome calls from well-wishers...but leave the business side alone. I have been in the hospital many times and it gets BORING! He is such a sweetheart and wants to please everyone, but his health needs to come first! He still has his sense of humor. He was telling me about receiving the first pig liver to keep him alive until the could find a human donor. Now the FDA shut down that program because animal rights groups made so much noise. He said, "You can kill them (pigs) to have for breakfast, but not to save a human life." Pretty sad if you ask me!

2007 Sky Redline
Silver Pearl w/ Black Top - 5-Speed Manual
Black/Red Leather Interior
Decklid Spoiler
CD/MP3 Player
V2 Windrestrictor
ClearBra
Lil Chromies and Stubby Antenna
RPi GT Exhaust System + Custom Trunk Extension

Last edited by HappyAmI; 12-30-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum > Vendors > Wind Restrictor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in